The Bodyguard Remake

TurboTrey03

quoted from ComingSoon.net

Warner Bros. is developing a remake of its 1992 film, The Bodyguard, Deadline reports.

Starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston, the original film arrived from director Mick Jackson (who recently won an Emmy for directing the "Temple Grandin" television miniseries). Costner played a former Secret Service agent assigned to protect a famous musician (Houston) from a stalker. Over the course of the film, the two develop a romantic connection.

Famous for showcasing Houston's music (including the hit "I Will Always Love You"), the aim for the new version is said to again cast a real-life singer in the role, though no official casting decisions have, as of yet, been announced.

I bet it's Justin Bieber & Willow Smith :lol:lol:lol

Sadly it will be Bieber wearing the dress and Willow being the body guard cause he's more of woman than she is lol. Honestly this is rock bottom when they are remaking really bad movies lol

I heard its going to be Rihanna. Not sure if she can act, but I think she's an incredibly talented singer. Wonder who they'll get for the male lead, though. Depending on who they cast, it might get me to go see it.

My money's on Katy Perry for the singer, people have been deciding she can act an awful lot lately.

The story will be a fresh take, with Costner's role changing to feature a former Iraqi war vet protecting his client from cyber-stalkers in today's world of Twitter

does anyone here really care? or would even watch a remake of the bodyguard?

or is this just another pointless remakes are bad thread?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back