I think it's time to remake the OT..

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
[Some spoliers, you must be cautious]

I just finished the Kenobi series and unexpectedly loved it. I loved that Ewan and Hayden reprised their roles. I loved the final confrontation. I had the hardest time melding Christensen and Vader together after EP3 but that final fight really helped. He truly is Vader. The hatred towards Kenobi and the Jedi is understandable. Kenobi's PTSD is realized and being repulsed at what Anakin became and being a prisoner in his suit was very, very powerful.

Sure, the series had some flaws, but I was able to overlook them.

Saying all that, I would not be opposed if they remade the OT to blend in better with the events of the prequels and these side stories. Us OG's who have had the OT for 40+ years will always have them but connecting the plot dots is finally necessary.

At the very least, even changing dialog in a few key scenes would help. Kenobi acknowledging R2 and C3PO when he rescues Luke. Leia's Hologram message acknowledging her past with Kenobi (saving her from the Inquisitors), Vader and Kenobi's fight scene on the Deathstar (two previous encounters before that from the Kenobi series).

Alec Guinness will always be the original but I really like how Ewan has become Kenobi, especially in his series. Remaking ANH with Ewan would really bring it all home.

[Some spoliers, you must be cautious]

I just finished the Kenobi series and unexpectedly loved it. I loved that Ewan and Hayden reprised their roles. I loved the final confrontation. I had the hardest time melding Christensen and Vader together after EP3 but that final fight really helped. He truly is Vader. The hatred towards Kenobi and the Jedi is understandable. Kenobi's PTSD is realized and being repulsed at what Anakin became and being a prisoner in his suit was very, very powerful.

Sure, the series had some flaws, but I was able to overlook them.

Saying all that, I would not be opposed if they remade the OT to blend in better with the events of the prequels and these side stories. Us OG's who have had the OT for 40+ years will always have them but connecting the plot dots is finally necessary.

At the very least, even changing dialog in a few key scenes would help. Kenobi acknowledging R2 and C3PO when he rescues Luke. Leia's Hologram message acknowledging her past with Kenobi (saving her from the Inquisitors), Vader and Kenobi's fight scene on the Deathstar (two previous encounters before that from the Kenobi series).

Alec Guinness will always be the original but I really like how Ewan has become Kenobi, especially in his series. Remaking ANH with Ewan would really bring it all home.
If they can do it while making Luke a better character, not some hick putz that got lied to & groomed to fix Yoda & Kenobi's mistakes, & I mean ALL throughout the OT, then yup, I'd go along with that.

Hard disagree.

Even assuming the current Disney/LFL dunces are not in charge of doing it, I won't look forward to it.

It's been said that George Lucas wrote the sales contract to prevent remakes of his movies. If nothing was standing in Disney/LFL's way then I think they would already be doing it.

In the long term it's inevitable. If not from Disney/LFL today then it will come from bootleg AI-generated versions in the future.

Agreed. There is so much to expand upon, especially with Kenobi that could really help develop Luke's character and his Arc.

If they can do it while making Luke a better character, not some hick putz that got lied to & groomed to fix Yoda & Kenobi's mistakes, & I mean ALL throughout the OT, then yup, I'd go along with that.

Remake the OT.....?​

1705779187086.png

I agree but unfortunately the Prequels and all other SW stories pre OT dominate the SW world now and it is what it is. Might as well blend them all together.

For the record, ANH is the only movie that truly matters for me. It was my original love at 13. I lived in that original world where Vader was not Luke's father for three years and I prefer it that way. I lived in Luke's world where his father WAS a great Jedi, betrayed by Vader.

I was 16 when ESB was released and two things disappointed me. Yoda sounding like the muppet Grover and Vader being Luke's father. It was a cheap plot device.

Again, the Kenobi series really changed my mind that Ewan owns Kenobi and remaking ANH could really add substance to his and Luke's short relationship.

I always have to say this: It's not the OT that would benefit so much from remakes. It's the prequels.

By the way, The sequel trilogy was a reboot. The Force Awakens is practically the Original Star Wars, but for modern audiences. They even end their trilogy with a redemption arc for the villain and the hero facing off against Palpatine in a planet destroying weapon while a massive space battle takes place.

I said at the time after ROTS that they should make a live action Clone Wars show with Ewan and Hayden but no one at Lucasfilm listened to me.

Perhaps we need a newer, more *now* kinda Star Wars

Where Storm Troopers are burnt out baristas who have 'quietly quit' their jobs, doing only what fits their job description, at a relaxed pace.

Leia actually coaches Ben by communicating to him through the Force, "it's time," she calls to him, when she senses her twin is in danger from the Sand People.

"I don't know what to do!" Ben calls out, unable to quietly focus his mind.

Leia repeatedly pushes Ben, "teach him! Show him!" All from her cell.

Vader senses something, but he is nowhere as capable a Leia, so even when confronting her about reaching out to Kenobi, he has to take her evasive replies as legitimate.

Beru tells Owen, "Where is Luke? I sense something if wrong."

Owen, " Your intuition again? It'll be the death of us!"

Attachments

• BelushiButNo.gif
    BelushiButNo.gif
    2 MB · Views: 30

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back