Supernatural Props.What Ya Got... 4 Years 2010-2014

So I e-mailed the company that makes Dean's mp3 player (or the closest looking one we've found at least) and asked about a special order. Minimum quantity would be 3,000 units, so that option is off the table, for me at least. If someone else wants to order 3,000 German mp3 players you can mark me down for one or two ;)

My newest props.

Got angel blade from Rick, but keep forgetting to get some decent photos.

Also arrived recently: Senator tobacco tin. Mine's pretty rough, but it was cheap compared to the other two for sale at the time. It'll do until I can pony up for a nicer one.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/rookskickz/supernatural/spn-senatortin.jpg~original

Also, whilst watching the Snooki episode, I noticed a pack of matches in the tin. On a whim I jumped on eBay, and found a collection of six vintage matchboxes, with one of them being the correct box from the show - so I grabbed it.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/rookskickz/supernatural/spn-eddysmatches2.jpg~original

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/rookskickz/supernatural/spn-eddysmatches1.jpg~original

I reckon the beat up one looks better and more authentic. Looks awesome!!

Ok so I never wanted Dean's shotgun, but after I saw Ricks I decided to ask him about it. He said he only knew it was a "Baikal" and that it was old. Since I didn't have enough information I decided to re-watch the series and look for better screen grabs. I found an AMAZING shot of the gun. With this I was able to find it!! Mine is 100% exact to Deans. See for yourself. Now this one isn't the one Rick has. They are VERY similar but Ricks is a completely different model with different engravings to the screen grabs I have. Rick of course has access I don't have to the show and says that he has pictures showing his gun is 100% to other Dean shot guns used on the show as well. I've looked and looked and besides the one time in season 1 episode 10, there aren't any shot that are good enough to tell the difference between the two models.

After lurking in this forum for a very long time, I decided to join. I recently purchased a 1967 Chevrolet Bel Air (I know it's not an Impala but it's still awesome) and really have grown to love the show over the years (after initially not understanding my son's fascination with it). I obviously don't want an exact replica of the biggest prop on the show, but I do love all of the smaller props that I have been reading and learning about from you all. I might end up building a weapons box for myself, but in the meantime, I will continue enjoying all of the passion and love for this show that we all share. By the way, I named the car Joanna Ellen...nicknamed "Missouri" (that's the state I bought her in).

Thanks for all the great reading so far and into the future. My only props so far are a replica of Dean's amulet hanging from the rear view mirror and a 1967 Kansas license plate from Shawnee County, Kansas (SN = Supernatural) on the front. Looking forward to adding more in the near future.

Bel Air 005.jpgBel Air 000.jpg

Ok so my shotgun didn't have the swivel that is needed for the grip to complete the "Dean Shotgun" look. They are impossible to find, even harder than the gun because no one wants to sell just the swivel off their gun. However I found one. and it's perfect!!!

Soooo many good Supernatural props to make/buy... I have always wanted my own Angel Blade. Do we have to post in the junkyard to guage interest in a project? I know it has been done a time or 2 already by others. I think i have the resources to ge them made completely out of aluminum and polished or maybe nickel plated... Can anyone offer comments?

Ok so my shotgun didn't have the swivel that is needed for the grip to complete the "Dean Shotgun" look. They are impossible to find, even harder than the gun because no one wants to sell just the swivel off their gun. However I found one. and it's perfect!!!

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/CAM01777swivel_zps005f8836.jpg
If you are going to cut this down you have better check with Federal law about doing that. You can go to BATFE and get the paper work to get it inoperable and then find a gunsmith who can do it.

Want ask who is going to AX in July? Would like to get some people together to celebrate The 4 year anniversary of the thread. Anyone interested?

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/Tenaciousbt/CAM01777swivel_zps005f8836.jpg

Wow, Brian, your shotgun is AWESOME!! What is the exact make/year of your's versus Rick's out of curiosity?? How did you end up tracking yours down? Is it fully functional? I know Rick said it'd probably be very hard to find in a gun shop...

Took some really good screen grabs and found a couple of excellent studio images (including one truly insane glamour shot). Did some measurements of Jensen Ackles based on a photo of us standing together - as well as various promo images - and my guestimates put the blade at eighteen inches (which, honestly, might be a little conservative - but paper template tests made it seem crazy to go any longer). After tracing the shape onto paper, wooden "blanks" were cut this morning. I'm going to try to start putting this together over the next two weeks, as Timothy Omundson (Carlton "Lassie" Lassiter from Psych and CAIN from SPN) is at a nerd con in Chicago, and I think it would be super cool to have him sign one (I've got a Colt signed by Ackles, a Taurus signed by Jared Padelecki, and an angel blade signed by Misha Collins).

If it looks good when its done, I'm sure I can find someone to cast it and do some replicas. We'll see. I'm not so confident in my abilities at speed.

It's most likely lighting that gives it a different color in various shots. It's probably supposed to be pewter or something, so I would say the antique silver would be the best bet. Great job though it looks awesome! :thumbsup

It's most likely lighting that gives it a different color in various shots. It's probably supposed to be pewter or something, so I would say the antique silver would be the best bet. Great job though it looks awesome! :thumbsup
I agree...I think a pewter color wold be the best as well....Supernatural has some WEIRD lighting...alot of green hues sometimes.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back