Sucker Punch costume thread

hey dudes! awesome information, I can't wait to attack this babydoll project this summer once I get back from air force ROTC boot camp :p I'll be ripped that's fo sho haha
anyway, i've been making my plan and i can't find any decent photo that shows the babydoll top. is it a jacket or is it one whole piece? I see there is one button at the top by the collar, but are there others going down? in all of babydoll's pictures, it's like they strategically placed the scarf to cover that part up so i have no idea what to do :p help me out dudes!!

Are you still in afrotc? Because I need a female afrotc girl to help me out on a cosplay project.

Thanks Wanttowrite, I've checked out that page before. Has a lot of good detail on it, but the silver emblem on the grips still just looks like a silver circle. I have heard it is suppose to be a cherry and i have seen someone else make there own, but I'm still trying to find a good close up of the actual emblem itself. Epilepticsquirl did a great job on the detail for the decals and i have seen plenty on the charms and got some nice ones off of etsy. with all the research, i find it hard to believe no one has a close up of the side emblem.

Eh. I wouldn't let a little thing like someone thinking I wasn't hot enough to pull it off suck the fun out of making and/or wearing the costume. The point of costuming is fun, isn't it?

Anyone here know of (or is) a dealer in replica leather holsters?

sucker-punch-babydoll.jpg

I instantly thought of all the tubby Cpt. America's and rake thin Solid Snakes I've seen these number of years....:lol Interesting the standard goes one way, eh?

Faroth. I based the medallions on my 1911 from the movie's Art book I got.

if you wanna get an idea :
7471-babydoll-we-colt-1911-completed-frame-2.jpg

check the album on my profile, but I think thats the best close-up photo I have of it in there.

This may be what you need:

Sucker%2520Punch%2520-%2520Cherry%2520Emblem.jpg

Some have used water slide decals for the grip emblem, but I wanted something more durable and that gave the grips a little depth, so I molded my own cherry emblem. It's a little off since I didn't have the high-rez emblem to work from at the start, but it works well enough:
DSC_5889.jpg

And the completed gun:
DSC_5972.JPG

Art book gun for reference:
Sucker%2520Punch%2520-%2520Babydoll%2527s%2520Gun.jpg

Note that the emblem on the gun is image reversed from the cherry emblem that I have at the top (which is from the art book).

You have the entire artbook as a PDF?! O_O
I'm still trying to get it! I ordered it through my college library but apparently the supplier is having trouble with the publisher :(

Thanks Scruffy. That is PERFECT!

I have mine pretty well done except for that emblem piece yet. I'll take some time trying to make my own and when i get it right then I'll cut a hole in the grips for it.

I originally got a black airsoft pistol to use. I took it apart and painted it silver. I also got some wood grips. This is when i found out that although it was advertised as 1:1 scale, it really is slightly smaller and the grip lines on the back are angled instead of straight up and down. SO the grips didn't quite fit and had to be reworked and Epelepticsquirl's awesome decals had to be cut apart and altered to make it fit. Then I went and didn't read the wonderful instructions he included and i spray glossed the gun right after applying the decals and they melted, the paint melted, it all color changed and ran and in general messed up the gun. I tried sanding the mess down and re-painting it and applying the decals and coat correctly but it came out less than awesome.

Baby_Doll_Pistol_Fail_01.jpg

Baby_Doll_Pistol_Fail_02.jpg

So I went looking on ebay again and found another airsoft pistol that was already silver so no paint required. And it has the diamond grips (though in plastic, we will see if i change them out when i try to add the Cherry emblem) This time the decals fit perfect. I tried making the charms myself but in the end i decided that this particular type of small sculpting was just not my thing so i found some wonderfully made ones on Etsy.

Baby_Doll_Pistol.jpg

Thanks for the help! I'll re-post once i get something worked out for the grips.

you welcome

let us know when you've worked out your way for the grips. It's always interesting to have other people's experience. :)

I think its a much better idea to go for a silver model as base instead of black. It's hard to make the paint last when you keep your hands on it.

Does anyone have good reference for Baby Doll's school jacket logo?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

I cannot believe how far this thread has gone! I am still looking for a nice pistol for my daughter's costume but I am curious if anyone has identified Baby Doll's shoe. Last thing that I know of, I found a few custom shoe makers that would do it for quite a bit of money!

The costume progress is amazing!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back