Sucker Punch costume thread

first post here ^^ and it's to present my Blondie cosplay made by peytonriley herself ... she is a costuming goddess :D I am definitely out to help get the word out and promote her business

ignore my underwear showing haha this was an impromptu rooftop photo shoot ;)

311527_441662042532247_1726106158_n.jpg

534977_441662219198896_1087707225_n.jpg

179924_441662272532224_1941904089_n.jpg

I have a challenge for all you Babydolls attending SDCC 12 next week....

mapcase.jpg

I have something that you're looking for...come and get it. If you dare.

Parks

@penance: She's made the BEST Blondie costume I've ever seen. I'd be going as Blondie if I had such a costume making capacity : P Can't wait to see some professional photos from your event!

@parkseiii: Ahah! Did you make it? I'd love to get my hands on it, if only I cosplayed in the States : (

I learned a lesson at Comic-Con. I wore the German soldier zombie outfit that you can see in my last post. I saw a Babydoll (walking with a Poison Ivy) in the crowd ahead of me and moved up behind her. I tapped her on the shoulder and when she turned around, I waved the map case and asked, "Versuchen Sie dieser Karte?" (Are you looking for this map?).

I did not get the response that I expected. Babydoll and her friend looked terrified and for a moment, I was unsure what to do. Luckily, two guys asked if they could take my picture and when I turned to them, Babydoll and Poison Ivy got away as quickly as they could. They must have thought that I was going to molest them.

Lesson I learned is this...don't assume that everyone at Comic-Con is fully into their character. Some just like the costume and don't expect to be accosted by a hulking gas-mask-wearing German zombie.

Parks

I learned a lesson at Comic-Con. I wore the German soldier zombie outfit that you can see in my last post. I saw a Babydoll (walking with a Poison Ivy) in the crowd ahead of me and moved up behind her. I tapped her on the shoulder and when she turned around, I waved the map case and asked, "Versuchen Sie dieser Karte?" (Are you looking for this map?).

I did not get the response that I expected. Babydoll and her friend looked terrified and for a moment, I was unsure what to do. Luckily, two guys asked if they could take my picture and when I turned to them, Babydoll and Poison Ivy got away as quickly as they could. They must have thought that I was going to molest them.

Lesson I learned is this...don't assume that everyone at Comic-Con is fully into their character. Some just like the costume and don't expect to be accosted by a hulking gas-mask-wearing German zombie.

Parks

ROFLMAO!

Although it does make one wonder if they even saw the movie or if they just saw a pic of the costume and just went to the con looking for attention. Actually it's kind of sad if that is the case.

first post here ^^
ignore my underwear showing haha this was an impromptu rooftop photo shoot ;)
Welcome to the forum.

Damn, you are very cute looking :love

and that line just makes everyone start to look for what ever they are not supposed to look at.:lol

I found an extremely detailed pic of Babydoll's gun - the silver thing on the grip. Unfortunately I can't up load it from my phone so I'm going to try to find a way to put it online and link to it. :/

I've never seen that picture before, but I'm comfortably certain that that is NOT Babydoll's pistol/emblem. Mr. Blue uses a pearl-handled chromed 1911 that matches Babydoll's wood-grip chromed 1911, and that looks like a pearl handle so it's likely his gun. If not his, the lobotomy tool in the image would go with the high roller though I don't remember him ever having a weapon.

I've never seen that picture before, but I'm comfortably certain that that is NOT Babydoll's pistol/emblem. Mr. Blue uses a pearl-handled chromed 1911 that matches Babydoll's wood-grip chromed 1911, and that looks like a pearl handle so it's likely his gun. If not his, the lobotomy tool in the image would go with the high roller though I don't remember him ever having a weapon.

It's one of the many pictures of Babydoll's weapons shown in part of the Maximum Movie Mode on the triple play version. I'll find the whole picture and try to upload? There's so many pictures on there, even things that aren't in the artbook, like someone the outfits can be seen better in some of the pictures so I might up load some of them if people want.

@parkseiii: aww, that's really too bad. she should have known better : P

@wanttowrite: i agree, i don't think that's the same as babydoll's from the movie. perhaps it was from other designs for the gun? And I don't think it would be Blue's cause it doesn't have that pearl-esque shine to it.

@peytonriley: hahah np, you deserve the praise you've been getting!

Well, thanks again n.n it does mean a lot <3

I'm currently working on a screen accurate Babydoll, silk noil and all, and all i can say is that it's SO DIFFICULT to cut the bias tape from the silk noil to get it in such a tiny measurement T.T

And i'm also working on finishing a Dance Babydoll :3 the tights have been a challenge but they're halfway there :3 i'll get pics up as soon as i can, gotta keep the thread alive people!

This thread has made me finally become a member. I am going to be part of a SP group this halloween for C4 (Central Canadian Comic-Con).

I had a couple questions for you Blondie people.

For the body suit, I read that someone had used neoprene? I was just going to make it out of bathing suit material black/dark grey. What have you guys been using?

Also thanks to whoever posted about getting the buckles and tacks for the harness from Tandy Leather.... I had been searching everywhere for notions.. there is literally a Tandy around the corner from my house -_-''

Getting started soon, will post progress pics! Thanks for the help everyone <3

I want to make a costume for Halloween but I don't know whether to make a Blondie costume or a Babydoll costume. I love Babydoll's but Blondie's is less revealing and there's a dress-up thing at college that I will be wearing it to. I'm leaning towards Babydoll.
My grandma is helping me make it but she can't sew sleeves. Any help? :/
Plus I don't know where to get a shoulder holster, cheap, as well as the scabbard. Any help on making it or where to get one? I want to get the braided strap... I don't know where to get the pistol or the sword (or the decals! OMG!)... I can make the tights. I'll try to buy the shoes. I wouldn't have to wear a wig, would I?
Oh, what material is the sailor collar and the scarf? I know it's mainly denim but I don't know how to get the collar pattern or the lines on the skirt. Any help with any of this?
Please and thanks in advance!

I want to make a costume for Halloween but I don't know whether to make a Blondie costume or a Babydoll costume. I love Babydoll's but Blondie's is less revealing and there's a dress-up thing at college that I will be wearing it to. I'm leaning towards Babydoll.
My grandma is helping me make it but she can't sew sleeves. Any help? :/
Plus I don't know where to get a shoulder holster, cheap, as well as the scabbard. Any help on making it or where to get one? I want to get the braided strap... I don't know where to get the pistol or the sword (or the decals! OMG!)... I can make the tights. I'll try to buy the shoes. I wouldn't have to wear a wig, would I?
Oh, what material is the sailor collar and the scarf? I know it's mainly denim but I don't know how to get the collar pattern or the lines on the skirt. Any help with any of this?
Please and thanks in advance!

Hey there! The whole costume, shirt, sailor collar, and skirt, are made from silk noil, which you can get at thaisilks.com :) the scarf is probably from grey rayon or something smooth and flowy like that. I dont know what you mean by that she cant sow sleeves u.u as for the holster, you've got a pm :p

Hey there! The whole costume, shirt, sailor collar, and skirt, are made from silk noil, which you can get at thaisilks.com :) the scarf is probably from grey rayon or something smooth and flowy like that. I dont know what you mean by that she cant sow sleeves u.u as for the holster, you've got a pm :p

That's what she said to me when I asked! :( I thought the costume was mainly denim (according to a Hollywood costume website)... Would I be able to get all the material cheap?
I don't know where to get the shoes though... Or weaponry or decals and the charms! OMG!
I need to spend an entire day just looking for the stuff! There'll be a make up tutorial on YouTube, right?

Is there a pattern to make Babydolls outfit anywhere? I heard denim linen for the main outfit somewhere but I don't know if it's right or where I can get it...

For the decals contact epilepticsquirl n.n he's the one who's provided for every Babydoll cosplayer out there, plus he's a great dude n.n

As for the other stuff.. It depends on your country :/

For the decals contact epilepticsquirl n.n he's the one who's provided for every Babydoll cosplayer out there, plus he's a great dude n.n

As for the other stuff.. It depends on your country :/

I've sent him a PM, thanks! I can find quite a bit of things (England doesn't seem to be a good country to get these sort of things). I can get a 'free' scabbard with the sword but I'm going to try to make it look wooden and paint gold snowflakes on it.
I'm working on finding some of the material (the collar; which is also the material I'll use for the stripes as well as for the braided scabbard strap and for the bandage type thing around her hand).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back