Sucker Punch costume thread

Here i've found some more photos of the book, only one shows the costumes, one for the mech and one for the samurai, in case some is interested in that. the rest are just awesome :p

sp-book-1.jpg

sp-book-2.jpg

sp-book-3.jpg

sp-book-4.jpg

sp-book-5-1297448681.jpg

An here the new Tv spot.

Sucker Punch TV Spot - MovieWeb.com
http://elrincondealexiss.blogspot.com/2011/02/nuevo-spot-tv-de-sucker-punch.html

Last edited:
HELLO EVERYONE!
I am so happy I found this entire forum and especially this thread. Found it thanks to the ladies on Cosplay.Com (i'm Jessi-chan on that site) and I see many of them have posted in this thread.

I will be cosplaying Baby Doll this year and hope to start some of the costume this weekend (i'm still trying to finish another costume so i can start it) This thread is very helpful <3

I'll be cosplaying Baby Doll at these conventions:
Nashicon - Columbia, South Carolina
Animazement - Raliegh, North Carolina
Hereoscon - Charlotte, North Carolina (?)
Dragon*Con - Atlanta, Georgia
X Con - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

So so so tempted to go for Baby Doll just because the costume is freaking gorgeous. Worried about the surge of people doing the same once the movie comes out or the film itself not being the best thing ever, though.

Thanks to someone in lj, I found this thread! I actually posted something regarding a group for Dragon*Con 2011! I'm completely fascinated by this film and this is perfect for Dragon*Con. I was thinking of starting a group on fb too for info and all. I'd love to join another group. I'm thinking of Sweet Pea or Blondie. The art book comes out feb.22 and I'm also waiting for the movie. If I love, I'll def be cosplaying a character!

Oh wow if there is a group at Dragon*Con that would be amazing. I would organize the group myself, but since this will be my first Dragon*Con it probably would not be best for me to do so. Hopefully someone else with expierence with the con and the locations will make an awesome gathering/group! ^_^

EDIT: So, i most definently got the WRONG color fabric for Baby Doll's sailor collar. I got a dark khaki denim, but now that i'm looking at pictures it seems to be a gray? Am i correct in thinking it's gray? I can probably still use the khaki to make her braided sword strap since i need to use it for something.

Last edited:
EDIT: So, i most definently got the WRONG color fabric for Baby Doll's sailor collar. I got a dark khaki denim, but now that i'm looking at pictures it seems to be a gray? Am i correct in thinking it's gray? I can probably still use the khaki to make her braided sword strap since i need to use it for something.

Hi ^^
In my oppinion,it's not gray. It's a color between light gray and light beige.
You can appreciate it more in gentle giant statues.
Baby_Doll_detail.jpg

I'd say it's a "desaturated" light beige.
nwynaw.jpg

Here's a photo of the color of my costume, I used elasticized gabardine for the collar, cuz in normal gabardine I couldn't find that color.
2iu3o1c.jpg

205tuzl.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys. Do you remember the Rubies pre-orders for some costumes I posted some pages ago?
http://www.therpf.com/f24/anyone-starting-work-sucker-punch-costumes-92563/index5.html
Everyone agreed they s*cked. But here're some new things ^^

Rubies has published photos of the new SUCKER PUNCH props they will be selling.
I'm really interested in the katana, it has that engraved drawing, and i'm not sure i can do it on mine.

blam_sp_6.JPG

I really like this ones, they are nothing like the costumes, I GUESS SO.

Hey so I'm working on my Blondie costume and I'm looking for that holster that she's wearing on her hip. I have a belt that I already want to use I just need that holster and i'll add those leather strips. But does anyone have any good ideas of where to look? I've been cruising ebay and haven't found anything like it. Thanks

Cereza: ah thanks for your input on the color! I'm going to search around a bit more but i really like the color I picked up, even if it isn't 100% accurate haha. And , oh wow. Those props look decent in the picture. Have they been released? If they don't look like those cheap, plastic Halloween swords then I really want Baby Dolls. Even if they do look like that they'd still be a perfect base and such. Gonna call the local costume shop and see if they're going to carry them (they always get the movie costumes and props! ^_^)

You guys, I just got The Art of the Film and can I just say that this is a must get?!!! It has everything you need to get the costumes done spot-on. I want to do Sweet Pea so BAD but after seeing this, I want to cosplay them all for Dragon*Con 2011! LOL. I'd love to meet some of you that are planning to go to DCon and possibly be involved with the/a group? I am super super excited.

Girlsplosion: Did you get it out of a store or in the mail? I looked in B&N for it today, but didnt see it. Checked on their in-store search computers and they had it listed (they didnt the other day) but only for pre-order. I'm hoping by this weekend it will hit stores so i can start my costume. So excited for that artbook!

Girlsplosion: Did you get it out of a store or in the mail? I looked in B&N for it today, but didnt see it. Checked on their in-store search computers and they had it listed (they didnt the other day) but only for pre-order. I'm hoping by this weekend it will hit stores so i can start my costume. So excited for that artbook!

Hi, I got it on amazon, i had it preordered for a few months and they shipped it on sunday. If you can't find it anywere maybe you must try it there ^^

Hey! Ok, So I literally had to drive across town to get mine. I got it from Barnes and Noble. I checked on there online store and they had an option to do a "pick me up" They didnt have it in 5 of the closest bookstores to me. I should have preordered it but I just had to have it.

What I would do is check your local book stores or comic shops online and see if they have them in stock. I don't understand why all these places didn't have the book....

Hi, I got it on amazon, i had it preordered for a few months and they shipped it on sunday. If you can't find it anywere maybe you must try it there ^^

I should have done that instead of drving 45 minutes and use gas. LOL. Everyone is going to love the book. It just gets you more excited about the movie and cosplay! :lol

I should have done that instead of drving 45 minutes and use gas. LOL. Everyone is going to love the book. It just gets you more excited about the movie and cosplay! :lol

Could you get it? ^^ I have to wait like 20 days till it arrives to Argentina It's diving me crazy, i've found a hundred photos of the book already on the internet, I guess when it arrives i would have seen the complete book on the net xD Or maybe I just have to stop looking for stuff, i've already read some spoilers, trying to find new things.

Neat posters! On the Rocket one, I'm not sure if we've seen that lighting/angle before, but in that particular shot, it really looks like she's got a corset on as her outermost layer. Check out the vertical lines between armpit and hip:

kinogallery.com_suckerpunch_poster_62.jpg

I still cannot figure out what all her layers of clothing are, exactly. (Thankfully I'm doing Sweet Pea, lol.)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back