Sucker Punch - Babydoll Costume - FINISHED PG 3

Re: Sucker Punch - Babydoll Costume - WIP

your very welcome, that site has loads of blu ray screen caps, great for reference! :)

Those are exactly the type of pics I was waiting for, but haven't seen yet, thanks! I guess now I'll have to do a version 2, or at the very least put on 2 more buttons on version 1 for now.

Personally, I don't ever see a reason not to go 100% if your capable of it. :cool

Parks, ive just done my scabbard strap with a 225cm long X-long Sageo and i just had enough for mine, im 5ft 8. So id deffo try and get one about this long if your daughter is around my height.
It was pretty easy to do, just like doing a plait in my hair, i made a loop that was about the length from my shoulder to where the bottom of the holster is aprox then made sure the long excess spare bit was abit longer than the loop and started plaiting from the top of the loop.
Its hard to explain but its quite easy to do.
this is a pic of how my strap looks atm (not the right colour i know but it was the best i could get from the uk atm.)
Hope this helps you abit :) xx

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

OK, thanks. All I need to do now is dive into it. :confused

Parks

Has anyone had any luck buying the plastic version of the sword & scabbard found online? I've ordered it 4 different times now and have only received the sword, no scabbard. Any ideas? Thank you!

ive heard that they only do the sword now, that it was only a few that were released with scabbard at the start but all the sites havent changed the descriptions.
only thing i can suggest is you measure how wide and long your sword blade is and try and find another cheap sword that has a scabbard that would fit and use that with your babydoll sword?
xx

Has anyone had any luck buying the plastic version of the sword & scabbard found online? I've ordered it 4 different times now and have only received the sword, no scabbard. Any ideas? Thank you!

Jade was such a great a Babydoll! You did a phenomenal job on the costume. I wish we were dressed at the same time. But maybe next Dragon*Con? :)

Jade was such a great a Babydoll! You did a phenomenal job on the costume. I wish we were dressed at the same time. But maybe next Dragon*Con? :)

It's one she plans on wearing there for a few years, so definately! I know she was sad she missed you in your Amber. :cry

The first step was to cut an 8" strip of blue to the tripled length measurement. I then hemmed 1 long edge in 1/2". This will be used later to help guide sewing on the grey bias strips. I created 1/2" grey biased strips by cutting 1" strips and ironing 1/4" inch back under on each side. These were sewn on 1/2" away from the edge and 1/2" apart. because I didn't buy the same length in grey as I did blue, the bias strips have a seam 2/3 of the way down. I used the pleat pattern I made to make sure this seam falls inside a pleat to hide it. After sewing on the bias' I hemmed my starting side so that I could start the box pleats.

How did you get the stripes onto the skirt? It looks amazing by the way! So awesome!! o_O

So with my sister's wedding :), jury duty :cry, and tons of Harry Potter projects for other people :eek, this project was on hold...but is back in production. Just have the scarf, top, and holster to go and it's done. Here's some update pics, if you have any questions, ask away!

Pic 1 -- overview of the created pieces
Pic 2 -- Refinished heel on shoes, and sword strap. Will most likely dye sword strap darker.
Pic 3 -- Charms, bought off Etsy
Pic 4 -- Sword and sheath -- all wood
Pic 5 -- Guard Handle side (dremeled on both sides to include cherries and daisies from a circle wood guard)
Pic 6 --Guard Sword side, Handle wrapped in same vinyl I will use for holster.

OMG! How did you get the flowers into the hilt?!

Sorry Want....haven't check this thread in a looooooong time. Any future questions are better through PM.

Fabric -- Raw Silk Noil

Stripes -- created bias tape from the grey Noil and sewed them on before creating the pleats

Hilt -- I hand dremeled everything into the wooden hilt.

Hi I'm new here and I want to make a Babydoll costume for a party I'm going to but I'm having trouble figuring out how the do the stripes. What did you use for them? :)

Your wife looks great TONKA1675!! What an amazing cosplay, I love what you did with her colt 1911! I was wondering if you had more details on where you purchased it from? I tried searching for epilepticsquirrel with no luck :( Thanks so much!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back