Studio scale TIE wing thickness info if you can

Hi Flyscriber
Beautiful build, simply stunning.
I have a question about the plastruct H beams. Earlier in the thread it is stated that 1/4" H beams are used for the edges of the wings. This is 6.35mm metric, so did you use the 6.4mm HFS-8P from plastruct, or as you added the additional 0.9mm inner did you use the larger HTS-10P at 7.9mm to allow for the extra thickness?

Thanks
HI there, sorry, i seemed to have missed this post. Im pretty sure i used the 6.4 plastruct on the wing edges. I made the wings in a slightly different format with the large single stainless sheet as the central layer (just to keep everything super straight). I dont think they look any different to the original versions, maybe a little more symmetrical than normal ;-). The koolshade is indeed mirrored across the wings on mine. If you follow the wingstars as a guide, you may find there is a 2mm or so, discrepancy which will follow into the koolshade templates and make them different. I would go for symmetry all day, just to make it easier :)

HI there, sorry, i seemed to have missed this post. Im pretty sure i used the 6.4 plastruct on the wing edges. I made the wings in a slightly different format with the large single stainless sheet as the central layer (just to keep everything super straight). I dont think they look any different to the original versions, maybe a little more symmetrical than normal ;-). The koolshade is indeed mirrored across the wings on mine. If you follow the wingstars as a guide, you may find there is a 2mm or so, discrepancy which will follow into the koolshade templates and make them different. I would go for symmetry all day, just to make it easier :)
I am glad to hear that Flyscriber I wanted to put stainless steel sheetin the middle of the "sandwich" too. I was worried about the fit,
Glad to see that it works!

Hi
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I have a couple of questions.
Does anyone know where in the UK you can buy the Plastruct H & T beams? Most shops only stock the styrene versions.
Also am I correct in thinking that there are actually only 2 styles of triangle for each wing? 8 total center triangles, and 16 total left/right triangles?
Thanks RH
Have you tried ema-models.co.uk?
I'm in Spain and I have been unable to buy from them for the last couple of years, but you should be fine buying from the UK.

Awesome build, by the way!

Have you tried ema-models.co.uk?
I'm in Spain and I have been unable to buy from them for the last couple of years, but you should be fine buying from the UK.

Awesome build, by the way!
Order from the Plastruct Website, I recommend purchasing the printed/analog Catalog too..website is not intuitive unlees you habe memorized all the abbreviations for each product

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back