Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

It's a little rough in spots, but this user did an excellent job at isolating the score from the rest of the sound effects. I had no idea there was a female vocalist during the clip where Han says "It's true". This sort of music needs to be on soundtrack releases!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the Blog narrative the Falcon is found on Jakku. Why is the Falcon even separated from Han Solo. As when Han states, "Chewie....we're home!" Did Han gamble it away and did it end up being sold as junk on Jakku however still works? Han would never be separated from his Hot Rod!!!

By the Blog narrative the Falcon is found on Jakku. Why is the Falcon even separated from Han Solo. As when Han states, "Chewie....we're home!" Did Han gamble it away and did it end up being sold as junk on Jakku however still works? Han would never be separated from his Hot Rod!!!

This still confuses me and I have yet to hear anyone explain this in any way that makes sense.

I took a quick screen grab and I think Finn's head is down by Rey's right side (out of sight), as if she's holding his head, she's not looking directly at him. That's not a head in the lower right hand corner. It also looks like that is his right arm on top, seems there is a part of the raised ridge detail of the jacket sleeve. It looks like the cuff is from his right hand, it definitely looks like it could come from Finn's jacket. In looking at Han's jacket, it doesn't look like it has that detail. The question is, does Finn die, or just get seriously injured.

View attachment 543948

Han's jacket does have a seam there as well (though not as prominent) but I too am convinced that it's Finn. However, what you have pointing at Finn's cuff is actually Rey's leather arm brace. It moves in sync with her arm and shoulder. The angles of her arm and Finn's if he is lying with his head to the right match up perfectly and (more importantly) it's also a classic way to set up a shot. (Any DoP that would set up a shot with Finn's posterior essentially pointing towards the camera when you've got a classic OTS situation should be taken out to pasture and relieved of duty, haha.) You also have what looks like snow flakes visible on Finn's curly locks...

Perhaps Han's not talking about the Falcon when he says, 'Chewie, we're home.' Perhaps it's what he's looking at, or rather the situation they're in - as in trouble.

Perhaps Han's not talking about the Falcon when he says, 'Chewie, we're home.' Perhaps it's what he's looking at, or rather the situation they're in - as in trouble.

I thinknthis might be closest to the truth. We don't know the context of the comment and make the exact assumptions JJ wanted us to make seeing that teaser.

A lot has been made on the interwebs of how much Rey (Daisy Ridley) looks like a younger Shmi Skywalker (Pernilla August), implying Rey is a Skywalker.
I have another theory - what if Rey isn't another Skywalker, what if she's THE Skywalker? What if she actually is Shmi? Going back in time, raising young Anakin, knowing what he would become, all of that. The motivation to do so must be incredible. The bad stuff that only Luke (or some other descendant) could defeat must be worth all the pain Anakin created.

Here's a breakdown a friend of mine did. Granted, she didn't call out the one with the Mando glyphs (lower off-center, blue with white markings) or the possible Death Watch (above the droid, blue with yellow markings), but it's a good start. :)

http://i.imgur.com/7WLnXHs.jpg

--Jonah

That doesn't look exactly like Ziro's tattoo. The two outer rings ( the wavy lines and triangles) match but the inner circle doesn't match. Ziro's has a solid black circle, the banner doesn't.

I like that! Brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

This still confuses me and I have yet to hear anyone explain this in any way that makes sense.

I thought I read somewhere that both he and Chewie had been captured years before TFA. They escaped and were now searching for the MF

A lot has been made on the interwebs of how much Rey (Daisy Ridley) looks like a younger Shmi Skywalker (Pernilla August), implying Rey is a Skywalker.
I have another theory - what if Rey isn't another Skywalker, what if she's THE Skywalker? What if she actually is Shmi? Going back in time, raising young Anakin, knowing what he would become, all of that. The motivation to do so must be incredible. The bad stuff that only Luke (or some other descendant) could defeat must be worth all the pain Anakin created.

I think that's one of the saving graces of the SW universe... not cheating by using time travel! I think it's a cop out for director's to use time travel to reset or change things to suit their desires instead of just dealing what's been set in place (and JJ is one of the main users of that medium). If they decide to do a Time Travel scenario in Star Wars, I'm out!

I think that's one of the saving graces of the SW universe... not cheating by using time travel! I think it's a cop out for director's to use time travel to reset or change things to suit their desires instead of just dealing what's been set in place (and JJ is one of the main users of that medium). If they decide to do a Time Travel scenario in Star Wars, I'm out!

Agreed... I'll sit and watch the movie while objecting to the whole premise! ;)

I dont think Rey is a Skywalker/Solo - there is also a part of me that hopes she's not. I think she's simply another person born with and drawn to the Force. Maybe she and Kylo are the combined Awakening?

If true, it does run parallel with the Skywalker story. Luke raised on a desert planet - farming for water. Rey also on a desert planet scavenging for parts and fighting for survival. Both story lines show the Force finding them?

I like that! Brilliant!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I read somewhere that both he and Chewie had been captured years before TFA. They escaped and were now searching for the MF

Mall I have seen is that they are on the big cargo ship negotiating with smugglers when Finn and Rey show up in the Falcon. And it doesn't seem that he knows them.

Mall I have seen is that they are on the big cargo ship negotiating with smugglers when Finn and Rey show up in the Falcon. And it doesn't seem that he knows them.

Isn't it rumored that Han takes an instant liking to Finn - reminding him of his younger rebellious days as an Imperial pilot? I wonder what the dialogue will be between the two of them?

So Rey and Finn escape Jakuu in the MF (going back to the behind the scene shot of her piloting the ship). I bet she's the one who has put it back together. AND... is actually piloting it through the Star Destroyer with Finn on the gun turrets

Isn't it rumored that Han takes an instant liking to Finn - reminding him of his younger rebellious days as an Imperial pilot? I wonder what the dialogue will be between the two of them?

So Rey and Finn escape Jakuu in the MF (going back to the behind the scene shot of her piloting the ship). I bet she's the one who has put it back together. AND... is actually piloting it through the Star Destroyer with Finn on the gun turrets

I thought I heard somewhere that Lando took off with it after the celebration on Endor and kept it for himself since he did own it before Han did to begin with!

Except, I don't imigine this as a "reboot" type of time travel, more like a "it's always been, and always will be" type of time travel. Don't think Star Trek, think Asimov's "End of Eternity". She couldn't change the past by going back, she could only fulfill her destiny by doing so.

Han does warm up to Finn eventually. The problem with the idea that Rey always had the Falcon is it's rumored when she and Finn are looking for a ship to escape in she initially passes over the Falcon calling it effectively a hunk of junk, like she has never seen it before.

Han does warm up to Finn eventually. The problem with the idea that Rey always had the Falcon is it's rumored when she and Finn are looking for a ship to escape in she initially passes over the Falcon calling it effectively a hunk of junk, like she has never seen it before.

AWESOME! A piece of junk... So young. The concept art that made its way around the net showed the MF parked on/in some sort of landing / parking spot. I assume that when the First Order comes down to Jakuu (looking for Finn?) they jump into the MF to escape? Another clip shows them running up to the ramp. Makes sense.

Interesting stuff!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back