Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

uploadfromtaptalk1445363547402.jpeg

Apologies if this has already been alluded to, but Kylo isn't wearing his helmet during the fight with Fin on the snowy forest. Maybe he wears it to intimidate rather than functional like Vader?! Also makes more sense of the production shots of Adam Driver in full Kylo Ren attire without helmet at (presumably) starkiller base. Does he lose it? Is it destroyed in another fight?!

If he is still stood where he is in the frame grab I just posted when the window shatters he might have lost his helmet then.

Apologies if this has already been alluded to, but Kylo isn't wearing his helmet during the fight with Fin on the snowy forest. Maybe he wears it to intimidate rather than functional like Vader?! Also makes more sense of the production shots of Adam Driver in full Kylo Ren attire without helmet at (presumably) starkiller base. Does he lose it? Is it destroyed in another fight?!

Good observation.
Don't think he really cares if he is seen without mask. Maybe out in general public or mass gathering. Kylo is playing to win, he'll kill you just to do it.

Regarding the "pirate fortress"... The mythosaur skull top center is only one that's been identified. Next to it is the "wheat sheaf" of the Fett crest. There are also the banners from Anankin's, Sebulba's, and two other podracers' teams; one that has Hondo Ohniaka's pirate crest from Clone Wars; one that looks like the Death Watch sigil; one that has unreadable Mandalorian glyphs on it; one has the "World Devourer" symbol Ziro the Hutt had tattooed on his neck (that many mistake for the Black Sun logo)... If Maz is a collector, that all makes sense. And I was not the only one to make the mental connection to what Rex said in one of the Rebels teasers -- about some bases even the Mandos don't remember...

Cool. That's the detailed info like to see brought out.

Cool. That's the detailed info like to see brought out.

Here's a breakdown a friend of mine did. Granted, she didn't call out the one with the Mando glyphs (lower off-center, blue with white markings) or the possible Death Watch (above the droid, blue with yellow markings), but it's a good start. :)

7WLnXHs.jpg

--Jonah

So I was thinking after this trailer.
One of the last big rumors we had was that Rey and Kylo were former students at a failed academy that Luke tried to start. Unless they were really young when the academy went kaput, like pre kindergarten young, wouldn't Rey at least know of the existence of Jedi and the dark side? It seems like this trailer might point away from that having been the case with Han's dialogue to her and Finn.

Again, Rey's line in no way implies that she doesn't know what Jedi are. The only implication -- based on Han's reply -- is that she doesn't know for sure what went down with the Jedi and "the Dark Side."

Not that there's anything this trailer that confirms the rumors, but nothing really contradicts them either.

So I was thinking after this trailer.
One of the last big rumors we had was that Rey and Kylo were former students at a failed academy that Luke tried to start. Unless they were really young when the academy went kaput, like pre kindergarten young, wouldn't Rey at least know of the existence of Jedi and the dark side? It seems like this trailer might point away from that having been the case with Han's dialogue to her and Finn.

Yeah we brought that up a page or two ago. It all depends on the context of what Han was saying to them and what was the question asked. I like that rumor of Rey being Luke's star pupil and Kylo being Luke's nephew but as somewhat troubled, maybe haunted by a deep respect for his Grandfather.

I liked the rumor as well, but my hunch is that its off somehow at this point.
Since the trailer these two threads have been moving faster than I can read it all.

Here's a breakdown a friend of mine did. Granted, she didn't call out the one with the Mando glyphs (lower off-center, blue with white markings) or the possible Death Watch (above the droid, blue with yellow markings), but it's a good start. :)

http://i.imgur.com/7WLnXHs.jpg

--Jonah

very cool! i am amazed at no hidden dharma symbol?!

flags.jpg

i am hoping i see a rabbit in that flag, friend showed me fetts wheat this morning which i missed as well

Last edited:
It's probably been discussed already, so forgive me, but as I watched the trailer for the 20th time, I had some different feelings.

I think Rey is crying over the dead body of Finn. The environment behind her looks similar to that of where Finn faces off against Kylo. And I think he gets killed by Kylo because he doesn't have any Jedi technique or force abilities. I'm just guessing this because in that scene where he confronts Kylo, he not only looks scared (which I can live with) but he doesn't displays a confident posture, as if he doesn't know what he's doing at all. I can kind of buy it if he were "new" to the force, he would looked unpolished, but I still have that feeling he has no Jedi abilities.

And in the trailer he says, "I was raised to do one thing, I've got nothing to fight for". That feels like ominous foreshadowing, like he NEEDS to fight for something, and that's for Rey and the resistance and I feel he dies protecting Rey. That's why she's so sad, they have this bond because of what they go through and he dies protecting her.

And I think it's too easy and obvious for them to kill Han because we've all known for the last 30+ years Ford wanted him dead. I feel like if we watch him die in the movie, it would be a "sheez", eyes rolling "we saw that coming" moment.

I also think when Han and Leia embrace it's because they find out the truth about their son (Kylo), and must come to terms with it.

And......I think Rey isn't related to any Skywalker (still can't get over her accent being there, maybe they sent her to boarding school!) and Kylo is somehow jealous of her.

I know, just more crack pot theories from another Star Wars nerd!

Last edited:
If the "white strands" are indeed background like it appears, then it could very well be Finn's hair. I checked an earlier shot when you see from behind and his hair IS fluffy enough that it stands out as far as his ear.
It could be Han laying in Chewie's lap. If Han fell then you could be sure that Chewie would pick him up.

It's probably been discussed already, so forgive me, but as I watched the trailer for the 20th time, I had some different feelings.

I think Rey is crying over the dead body of Finn. The environment behind her looks similar to that of where Finn faces off against Kylo. And I think he gets killed by Kylo because he doesn't have any Jedi technique or force abilities. I'm just guessing this because in that scene where he confronts Kylo, he not only looks scared (which I can live with) but he doesn't displays a confident posture, as if he doesn't know what he's doing at all. I can kind of buy it if he were "new" to the force, he would looked unpolished, but I still have that feeling he has no Jedi abilities.

And in the trailer he says, "I was raised to do one thing, I've got nothing to fight for". That feels like ominous foreshadowing, like he NEEDS to fight for something, and that's for Rey and the resistance and I feel he dies protecting Rey. That's why she's so sad, they have this bond because of what they go through and he dies protecting her.

And I think it's too easy and obvious for them to kill Han because we've all known for the last 30+ years Ford wanted him dead. I feel like if we watch him die in the movie, it would be a "sheez", eyes rolling "we saw that coming" moment.

I also think when Han and Leia embrace it's because they find out the truth about their son (Kylo), and must come to terms with it.

And......I think Rey isn't related to any Skywalker (still can't get over her accent being there, maybe they sent her to boarding school!) and Kylo is somehow jealous of her.

I know, just more crack pot theories from another Star Wars nerd!

You may be right, it may be Finn laying there. In the rumored synopsis Finn is badly injured by Kylo in that fight but Rey saves him. It doesn't change the disposition of Han at the end but Finn is central to this trilogy I think and is in it for the long haul.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back