Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone noticed all the lightsabers in this look really fat? Like they almost all look like Galaxy’s Edge lightsabers… wonder if it’s all gonna tie into new stuff there.

IMG_5012.png

Anyone noticed all the lightsabers in this look really fat? Like they almost all look like Galaxy’s Edge lightsabers… wonder if it’s all gonna tie into new stuff there.

View attachment 1823675
These new sabers look like the most uninspired designs I've ever seen. they look like hardware sabers or something. Scratch that they look worse than hardware sabers.

And, yeah chunky. It's like they didn't bother to make separate "hero" and "stunt" props. Instead, just made a one use saber?

These new sabers look like the most uninspired designs I've ever seen. they look like hardware sabers or something. Scratch that they look worse than hardware sabers.

And, yeah chunky. It's like they didn't bother to make separate "hero" and "stunt" props. Instead, just made a one use saber?
I agree. I could make a hardware store lightsaber out of PVC in less than 10 minutes that might look way better than these designs.

For something I had no expectations for, I’m getting pretty excited for this. I dont know how anyone can say this scene is badly made. I really love how they showed Sol almost teleporting himself behind her, showing how fast he is.

Last edited:
For something I had no expectations for, I’m getting pretty excited for this. I dont know how anyone can say this scene is badly made. I really love how they showed Sol almost teleporting himself behind her, showing how fast he is.

I’m done watching any more promo stuff, I feel like it’s spoiling me, I love what I’ve seen so far

Early reviews have been positive for the most part. excited to see where this goes.
I was listening to campea last night while working the desk. He said his friends that got to see it early, who have hated the last 3 series on Disney plus (Kenobi, mando 3 and Ahsoka) he said that they came out of the first 2 episodes blown away

I was listening to campea last night while working the desk. He said his friends that got to see it early, who have hated the last 3 series on Disney plus (Kenobi, mando 3 and Ahsoka) he said that they came out of the first 2 episodes blown away
yes i saw it yesterday too. I also saw kyle Katarn's visit to Lucasfilm for a small screening. There were some bits shared that are interesting like there will be an "Alien" type and a "Predator" type episodes. This was off a round table the guest youtubers had with Leslie Headland.

yes i saw it yesterday too. I also saw kyle Katarn's visit to Lucasfilm for a small screening. There were some bits shared that are interesting like there will be an "Alien" type and a "Predator" type episodes. This was off a round table the guest youtubers had with Leslie Headland.
I saw the YouTube guests.. I can’t take any of them serious..

Not only are they the “always positive ones because we can’t lose our Disney connect” but they were also bought with “swag” at the end of the day lol

I’m not going to let anyone decided my opinion for me, next week we will see what Halliwax thinks

…Halliwax thinking? Barely happens lol

I saw the YouTube guests.. I can’t take any of them serious..

Not only are they the “always positive ones because we can’t lose our Disney connect” but they were also bought with “swag” at the end of the day lol

I’m not going to let anyone decided my opinion for me, next week we will see what Halliwax thinks

…Halliwax thinking? Barely happens lol
I agree, but I'm just talking about the alien and predator type episodes. Being a fan of those franchises too, well that got me interested.

Last edited:
Not trying to spoil anyones optimism... but something really concerns me. I remember not too far back, i was very optimistic about Mando...then i wanted to give them a chance on The Book of Boba...I walked away feeling like the worlds biggest fool. A severe underachievment!! Here is the problem i have. Here are two quotes from Leslye Headland.:

"I'm attracted to stories about people who created prisons for themselves and are trying to get out of them"
"I make the villains the heroes"

Now just look at her IMBD credits.

A good majority of what she's done reflects her quotes along with the fact that there are obvious scars, wounds, whether self inflicted or otherwise( like many of us) that have translated into agendas and are reflections of these that, by and large, are putrid and/or sexual in nature. Not only that, there is this underlying premise of victimization throughout and if you listen to her speak you will pick up on it very quickly. I'm not bringing this stuff up to attack or to single her out. This is completely pertinent to the point i'm making of this show, which she is the Exec.Prod, and you can all look up these things as well. It's public knowledge and she bears no shame in any of it and is unapologetic.

What concerns me?

A pattern...A consistent pattern that follows her and it all matches up to her quotes that i listed for you. As viewers, are we not to use discernment or any type of deductive reasoning before making a decision on whether or not to watch, consume, financially support etc.? I mean she also has admitted to lying and decieving through her teeth to get what she wants and has no moral objections to it, which most people who are completely selfish are willing to do to justify just about anything.

For all your sakes, i hope her quotes are lies...lol, but that's my point. With a person who has a pattern of lies, how can you trust them? You can't. More importantly, when someone has no moral objection to their own deception then it's obvious at that point that they are self deceived as well. They must always be the victim...they must always cover up truth...they must always promote their ideology in order to justify their actions as being acceptable and those actions are ALWAYS morally vile...Worst of all, the trap of victimization they have put themselves in("created prisons for themselves") when they think they've got out of them, praise themselves for it...Pride!!! Why should i as a viewer, think this pattern will be carried out any differently for The Acolyte? Will it be weaved within the storyline? More importantly, with that knowledge, would i allow my own kids to be "under her spell" by subjecting them to her ideology? This begins in the heart, it reveals itself in the physical realm and in the end, kills everything in its path, those that believe it, as well as the one who was decieved to begin with.

She is not alone in this. I truly hope one day we all can get back to the truth and that those in personal prisons can be freed and that heroes will be called heroes and that villains will be called villains...This will NEVER happen if we continue to consume content that violates are conscience, but will only further perpetuate our slumber into an eternity of nothingness...disconnect...of lonliness...of darkness. Are we too bored with "wholesome stories" that inspire righteousness and truth? If so, then we've already began our sleep.

The question is, will The Acolyte be an exception to her pattern? I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back