Star Trek: Picard

Stewart looks and sounds tired, there is a low energy vibe there I can't ignore.
Good to see some things look familiar to the TNG world proper, so that is a comfort
but just no way to know for sure yet. All I have to say is if our Data is truly back, don't eff him up.

Stewart looks and sounds tired, there is a low energy vibe there I can't ignore.
Good to see some things look familiar to the TNG world proper, so that is a comfort
but just no way to know for sure yet. All I have to say is if our Data is truly back, don't eff him up.

In fairness he's 80 in reality and in the universe. In theory he left over an issue and/or burnout and is tired of it all or has some sort of PTSD

In fairness he's 80 in reality and in the universe. In theory he left over an issue and/or burnout and is tired of it all or has some sort of PTSD

Age has slowed him down sure, I can deal there, but the downer vibe is not something I go to Trek for.
Plus in the times he lives in those things probably would have been well cared for and
his friends/former crew looking after him.
Too early to say, just my feelings at this point.

Will we see the next model in the Dustbuster Phaser Family, or will the classic TNG prop esthetics be abandoned?

The last iteration seen was the Dolphin Phaser in Nemesis.

94B62331-0CCB-453E-B195-DA5FD027A129.jpeg

Will we see the next model in the Dustbuster Phaser Family, or will the classic TNG prop esthetics be abandoned?

The last iteration seen was the Dolphin Phaser in Nemesis.

View attachment 1040454
It was a blink and you'll miss it moment but it looked like Picard was holding a more gun/blaster shaped weapon in the trailer. It could be a civilian weapon or even alien but at this point there isn't enough information.

The greatest prop reveal to come from the trailer was seeing Picard put on his "traditional" commbadge.

It seems like TPTB have listened and are giving us a good mix of the familiar with the new, that's all I ask for, not re-inventing the wheel like they did with that awful Discovery mess.

Watch this to learn the dirty truth about modern day Star Trek. (Anything past 2005)

I have zero faith in anything Star Trek (this series included) so long as Bad Robot and Paramount have their current license. And when it's headed by Kurtzman; who is easily one of the poorest examples of a writer from this last century, probably.

I know theres nay sayers but the trailer ha got me super hyped, warp 10 mutated evolution salamander evolving hyped ! (just kidding about the salamander) I really cant wait to see this :D

I really hope that PTSD is NOT a focal point of this. If that's a reality in the year 2400, that's a pathetic future that flies in the face of what Star Trek is. Matter energy transport. Faster than light travel. Harnessing energies at magical proportion. Medical technology that is far less intrusive and incredibly advanced. And they can't treat mental trauma? **** that nonsense. Especially something that someone is dealing with for decades.

Other than that, I'm pretty damned excited. Can't wait to see what is going on with those Romulans and that Borg cube they're clearly inhabiting and experimenting on people in. And those ships have a very distinct Romulan vibe.

And SO happy to see Picard in space again.

I'm a little disappointed that 20 years later, we have the same tired mostly black Starfleet uniform. Sure there are some minor tweaks to it. It looks two part. The collar. The rank location. The little drop point in the centre of the breast area. But mostly all black still. Boring. But at least it's familiar and not controversial. And just something I'm noting, and not entirely dumping on.

Can't wait though!

Jerry Ryan and Data. Holy ****. From the damage looking body parts, it looks like real Data may have been salvaged somehow. Or B4 was damaged and stored for some reason. We'll find out next year!

Quietly optimistic after seeing the trailer. Still a fear that old characters and familiarity are just to get us hyped and will be gone by then end of the first episode. Time will tell and I truly hope its good. Ive missed having Star Trek this last Decade.

I really hope that PTSD is NOT a focal point of this. If that's a reality in the year 2400, that's a pathetic future that flies in the face of what Star Trek is. Matter energy transport. Faster than light travel. Harnessing energies at magical proportion. Medical technology that is far less intrusive and incredibly advanced. And they can't treat mental trauma? **** that nonsense. Especially something that someone is dealing with for decades.

Other than that, I'm pretty damned excited. Can't wait to see what is going on with those Romulans and that Borg cube they're clearly inhabiting and experimenting on people in. And those ships have a very distinct Romulan vibe.

And SO happy to see Picard in space again.

I'm a little disappointed that 20 years later, we have the same tired mostly black Starfleet uniform. Sure there are some minor tweaks to it. It looks two part. The collar. The rank location. The little drop point in the centre of the breast area. But mostly all black still. Boring. But at least it's familiar and not controversial. And just something I'm noting, and not entirely dumping on.

Can't wait though!

Jerry Ryan and Data. Holy ****. From the damage looking body parts, it looks like real Data may have been salvaged somehow. Or B4 was damaged and stored for some reason. We'll find out next year!

Well, it doesn't have to be literal PTSD, it was kind of a figure of speech. Whatever happened in the event they referenced totally turns him off of star fleet, etc. When events conspire to pull him back 20 odd years later he's not really thrilled with the prospect and does so begrudgingly only to return to form at the curucial time.

I hope they do not go the cliched “Admiral” route with Will.

One would think that once he sat down in the big chair he would not give it up easily, especially after all the times they offered it to him!

I, for one, hope that they bring their ship the Titan in to assist in a couple episodes rather than being on the ship full time. Will has more than earned his own command. :D

I really hope that PTSD is NOT a focal point of this. If that's a reality in the year 2400, that's a pathetic future that flies in the face of what Star Trek is. Matter energy transport. Faster than light travel. Harnessing energies at magical proportion. Medical technology that is far less intrusive and incredibly advanced. And they can't treat mental trauma?
Hell, they haven't even found a cure for baldness. :rolleyes:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back