Star Trek: Picard

So it's a Borg story and Picard is uniquely qualified. Got it. No younger Starfleet captains were available. A mysterious young girl who comes calling for help brings Picard out of retirement. Pretty powerful stuff. Looks really 'plotty' with a lot of stuff going on. I can't wait for all the emotional closeup shots. Hey look, Jeri Ryan's back. Now it really feels like new Star Trek.

Well, it doesn't have to be literal PTSD, it was kind of a figure of speech. Whatever happened in the event they referenced totally turns him off of star fleet, etc. When events conspire to pull him back 20 odd years later he's not really thrilled with the prospect and does so begrudgingly only to return to form at the curucial time.
Good point. More emotional baggage as opposed to crippling long term damage is far more palatable.

Jonathan Del Arco is also back as Hugh/3 of 5. Definitely a Borg storyline that is going to run through the series. I'd look for the Borg Queen to show up as well.

with all these former borg turning up, i wander if this counter will need reseting at some point

Borg1.jpg

This series does show promise, unfortunately due to CBS's insisting I buy it to see if I like it approach with AllAccess I will be waiting to hear from others how well they did...

That is what I did with the 2nd season of STD. I had paid for All Abscess during season 1 and then cancelled it when it was over. After that disaster I waited to see what others thought of season 2 and didn't like what I heard at all. If the new Picard show turns out to be good I can always buy the season once it is released.

Jonathan Del Arco is also back as Hugh/3 of 5. Definitely a Borg storyline that is going to run through the series. I'd look for the Borg Queen to show up as well.
Supposedly her skull and spine from First Contact were among the props on display..

You can't always count on IMDB before hand. When Sseason 2 of The Orville first premiered they had Halston Sage listed for all of the episodes which only changed as they aired. I do think that Patrick Stewart will be in every episode as the series is named Star Trek: Picard.

This series does show promise, unfortunately due to CBS's insisting I buy it to see if I like it approach with AllAccess I will be waiting to hear from others how well they did...

Frak that. Do what Sir Patrick Stewart told fans to do: binge watch it after it's done. So could just buy it on DVD/blu-ray.

If it is as good as I hope I have no problem getting a DVD later, I refuse to buy a pig in a poke the way CBS is pushing it.
I will wait for fellow fans to review it here and on other forums though, not to open up wounds but after Discovery CBS is going to have to prove to me they can make a Star Trek series before I will assume anything.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back