'SLAVE 1' Studio scale build

Is there something you cannot do? Wow...paint job is A+ for sure (y) (y) :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy: I guess you'll add the oil streaks on the pistons also?
Thanks Joberg, there's lots I can't do.... yet. ;) I'm painting and weathering the underside units in sections, then with everything done I'll go back and balance out the tones and weathering, tweak any missed bits. That's 'PLan A'. :confused:

i have been thinking when a new episode was coming out... i just found you here, and wha-la! a new episode!!! :love: :love: :love:
I LOVE IT!!! its great to see the design to application! WOW, such beautiful work!

I've just finished painting the wings and underside of 'Slave 1' using Archive-X acrylics and oils.
You can see exactly how on my YouTube channel HERE

52329857943_8c1f8f42d9_o.jpg

Amazing once again :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy: I know that the rod is a great way to display models; especially with moving parts (like the wings of this ship) Would a clear acrylic plate, with the proper attaching nut, do the trick also?
The plate would be the same width,(not the shape), as the bottom of the skirt and this plate secured to the base...you would still see the underside more clearly than the one with the rod;)
Just an idea:)

Amazing once again :cool: :cool: (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy: I know that the rod is a great way to display models; especially with moving parts (like the wings of this ship) Would a clear acrylic plate, with the proper attaching nut, do the trick also?
The plate would be the same width,(not the shape), as the bottom of the skirt and this plate secured to the base...you would still see the underside more clearly than the one with the rod;)
Just an idea:)
Hi Joberg, that's a good option for displaying Slave 1. The problem I have is that with all the resin printed parts Slave 1 currently weighs about 6 kilos. An acrylic cradle would be a good option but you can see why my stand is designed to withstand seismic charges.

Well, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed your build + paint and the tutorial accompanying every vids. (y) (y) :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:
It's a very good representation of Slave I and I'm sure, that your new files will be even better (if that's possible, since I think your model is already A+)!

Well, I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed your build + paint and the tutorial accompanying every vids. (y) (y) :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:
It's a very good representation of Slave I and I'm sure, that your new files will be even better (if that's possible, since I think your model is already A+)!
Thanks joberg, glad you enjoyed the series. I'm currently switching between video editing and CAD work on Slave 1. CAD work is slow as I'm finding it difficult to re-create the panel lines but I'll get there. The main shape has been corrected now and it's looking a lot better. I'll post again when I have something worth showing. :)

It's been great watching this build series, Sera. Thanks for sharing the approach, and I'm looking forward to the mounting hardware episode.

Furball,
Scrolled through your thread on Slave 1. Need to grab a glass of JD and Coke when I watch your build video. Comments from the experts on this web really are “lessons” in themselves. They say it all.
My input is appreciation regarding the level of detail achieved by CAD and 3D printing. Incredible range of technical computer knowledge and skill you folks posses. How you all then apply those tools like an artist with craftsmanship to then create the model. Has me shaking my head.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back