'SLAVE 1' Studio scale build

Furball,
Scrolled through your thread on Slave 1. Need to grab a glass of JD and Coke when I watch your build video. Comments from the experts on this web really are “lessons” in themselves. They say it all.
My input is appreciation regarding the level of detail achieved by CAD and 3D printing. Incredible range of technical computer knowledge and skill you folks posses. How you all then apply those tools like an artist with craftsmanship to then create the model. Has me shaking my head.
Thanks for taking the time to comment Searun it is very much appreciated. The global feedback I have had has been wonderful.
'Project Slave 1' has been quite a ride, lots of new techniques to learn and mistakes to overcome but I am delighted with the result. Now onto the next phase of the build - creating a full set of all new .stls with the intention to design the ultimate 'Slave 1'.
I hope you enjoyed your JD and Coke, Sera Staples.

Slave 1 was exhibited at 'Scale Model World Telford' Last week and won 'Gold in Class' and 'Best Sci-Fi Model'.
She's now FOR SALE to make room for more builds...

52510171705_d4b689e49e_o.jpg

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Over the past few months I have been busy working up my own all new set of CAD files for Slave 1. This is where I'm at so far the basic work is done now I have to break it down for 3D printing and maybe add a few bells and whistles. You can see a lot more on my YouTube channel HERE. I hope you like it.

52667072586_d96080013b_o.jpg

52667371319_0da843a964_o.jpg

52667080231_bc42775fa5_o.jpg

52667582693_b01d50f252_o.jpg

52667079986_2df9823198_o.jpg

Furball,
Incredible work. Please build to enable display of your fuselage detail. So many excellent aircraft models have interior that can never be appreciated after the build except by the builder who views it through tiny plastic windows.
Also, you guys who do CAD & 3D printing with today’s tech have brought modeling to a fantastic level to those who relish this hobby. I am still in the modeling Stone Age of balsa and glue but sure do like viewing the modern skills folks on this site.

Furball,
Incredible work. Please build to enable display of your fuselage detail. So many excellent aircraft models have interior that can never be appreciated after the build except by the builder who views it through tiny plastic windows.
Also, you guys who do CAD & 3D printing with today’s tech have brought modeling to a fantastic level to those who relish this hobby. I am still in the modeling Stone Age of balsa and glue but sure do like viewing the modern skills folks on this site.
Thanks for the great comment Searun, the plan is to design Slave 1 much like an aircraft kit with a split fuselage which would make a half and half model easily possible. I hope to make one of the side panels removable which will allow for better viewing of the interior. The rear door can also be opened which will give a good view up to the flight deck.
Technology has made scratch building a lot easier with the accessibility of CAD and 3D printing but you still nee the old skills to get the bits to fit together. It's not as 'shake'n bake' as people think.

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Over the past few months I have been busy working up my own all new set of CAD files for Slave 1. This is where I'm at so far the basic work is done now I have to break it down for 3D printing and maybe add a few bells and whistles. You can see a lot more on my YouTube channel HERE. I hope you like it.

Gorgeous work! Absolutely brilliant!

It's been a few busy weeks of breaking down Slave 1 into printable chunks, de-bugging, detailing and re-designing but I'm now at the test printing stage which shouldn't take too long thanks to a new printer. There's a new video out showing recent progress HERE - I hope you enjoy it. :)

52854367810_a8ed832e26_o.jpg

52854368605_771a19db88_o.jpg

52853974421_306509e4d5_o.jpg

52853394242_21a2fa300e_o.jpg

52854151664_af27de93cc_o.jpg

52854422518_514da35fd5_o.jpg

Furball,
Incredible computer design, graphics, art work, drawings. Love you model subject selection.

Whatever you guys call the work you do. This type of engineering blows my mind. Need a refund on my degree. Toss the slide rule and drafting set. Only skill I may have in common is preliminary sketching which leaves me in the dust.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back