Show your custom Lightsabers!

Here's my newest custom. I know the design is extremely derivative, but I had fun making it. :)
Custom_01.jpg

Custom_02.jpg

Custom_03.jpg

Alright Saberfans!
This was my submission for the Golden Saber Contest over at FXSabers. The challenge was to build a functioning lightsaber that breaks down into multiple parts, like the gun in 'The Man With The Golden Gun' Hence the name. It's not gold and the parts don't function as other 'in universe' items but it could be a field strippable weapon.
As always, thanks for looking.

Golden Harvest v3 p4 w/seedling module. 28mm Essential bass speaker. ShtokCustomWox NPXL connectors.
Panasonic 15A high drain 18650. 2.1mm recharge port. Various Neodymium magnets.

View attachment 1568109 View attachment 1568110
View attachment 1568111 View attachment 1568112
View attachment 1568113 View attachment 1568114
View attachment 1568115 View attachment 1568116
View attachment 1568117 View attachment 1568118
View attachment 1568119 View attachment 1568120
View attachment 1568121 View attachment 1568122
View attachment 1568123 View attachment 1568124
View attachment 1568125 View attachment 1568126

[video=youtube_share;Lsdzcc7zHTo]

Greenie.
Dear God ... this may be the most beautiful custom saber I've ever seen. Just incredible.

It's worth a lot and thanks to everyone that liked my TCSS build, here's the shroud side. The cut out is for my fingertips to sit against grip while the main exposed half sits against my palm. The three oblong cuts give visual interest but also light flow behind the choke section so it lights up a bit with just present light. TCSS made all the parts for me but I did the paint work as well as the drill and tapping to mount the covertek, shroud, and retention grub screw. I will be putting electronics in it eventually.
1655678572375.png

This saber is dedicated to and inspired by my father who was a pilot for the US army during the Vietnam War and then for the National Guard following the war. I'll never forget one day when I was 4 years old my mom and I were in the middle of a giant field not far off base. All of the sudden I started hearing this noise which grew to what sounded like a constant roar all around us. She pointed up at a loud group of helicopters flying in formation and said "Look! That's Daddy up there!" My jaw dropped as they flew right above us circled around and then disappeared in the horizon. He was already the coolest guy in the world but that made him my hero.

1655773800673.png

I used 3 vintage parts from a bell helicopter as the emitter which are permanently attached to an aluminum tube that I turned on a lathe which runs almost the entire length of the saber. One of the screws in the emitter functions for blade retention.
The middle section of the saber is a brass part from a Heiland(?) flashgun.
The clamp is a Romans Graflex replica which is attached to a few machined/altered MHS parts.
The clamp card is a slothfurnace v2.
There's a removable Graflex 2 cell bottom with a piece from another vintage flash gun (can't recall the make) attached to it.
Finally a cut Kobold d-ring replica.

1655773858457.png

1655773928985.png

Still needs a few tweaks here and there and a bit of cleanup but I'm happy with it. Electronics will be installed at some point in the future.

This saber is dedicated to and inspired by my father who was a pilot for the US army during the Vietnam War and then for the National Guard following the war. I'll never forget one day when I was 4 years old my mom and I were in the middle of a giant field not far off base. All of the sudden I started hearing this noise which grew to what sounded like a constant roar all around us. She pointed up at a loud group of helicopters flying in formation and said "Look! That's Daddy up there!" My jaw dropped as they flew right above us circled around and then disappeared in the horizon. He was already the coolest guy in the world but that made him my hero.

View attachment 1589672

I used 3 vintage parts from a bell helicopter as the emitter which are permanently attached to an aluminum tube that I turned on a lathe which runs almost the entire length of the saber. One of the screws in the emitter functions for blade retention.
The middle section of the saber is a brass part from a Heiland(?) flashgun.
The clamp is a Romans Graflex replica which is attached to a few machined/altered MHS parts.
The clamp card is a slothfurnace v2.
There's a removable Graflex 2 cell bottom with a piece from another vintage flash gun (can't recall the make) attached to it.
Finally a cut Kobold d-ring replica.

View attachment 1589673

View attachment 1589674

Still needs a few tweaks here and there and a bit of cleanup but I'm happy with it. Electronics will be installed at some point in the future.
Beautiful!

It's worth a lot and thanks to everyone that liked my TCSS build, here's the shroud side. The cut out is for my fingertips to sit against grip while the main exposed half sits against my palm. The three oblong cuts give visual interest but also light flow behind the choke section so it lights up a bit with just present light. TCSS made all the parts for me but I did the paint work as well as the drill and tapping to mount the covertek, shroud, and retention grub screw. I will be putting electronics in it eventually.
View attachment 1589307
Did The Custom Saber Shop machine the shroud for you as well?

HMSwolfe I love the mash up design. It looks like it could have been Obi Wan Kenobi's lightsaber after he lost the first one on Genosis and before Revenge Of The Sith... which I assume was the intention! Great idea, excellent execution!! (You should definitely make it!!!)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back