SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point something like that would be great but I think he walked away from Master Replicas Group already as of June. I did not know about Steve's past until reading about it on here. :(
But the question is, did he walk away with a lump sum of cash? He could have quit and took the bulk of the money, leaving MR to be on the hook.

Either way it’s not looking good for MRG and all of us that ordered a HAL unit. Looking at his past MO it’s entirely possible he dashed and ran

I would totally be down to pay him a visit. The only problem with that is I have no dog in the fight. I never gave that sapsucker any money. My only involvement with him was a hundred years ago when we made a trade, and that went very well.
Also, to be clear, I’m not suggesting and form of violence, harsh language or threatening motives. Just to call him out and simply ask why he stolen people’s money. Put him on the spot.

No updates since January 30 and no responses to e-mails asking for order updates. I called my credit card company today and they said they will investigate my claim and let me know if there is any action they can take against the merchant.

Met Dymzo when I won the Master Replicas sweepstakes in 2005 at Skywalker Ranch. Even got a few pictures taken with him. Had no idea at the time he was a thief and scam artist.

No updates since January 30 and no responses to e-mails asking for order updates. I called my credit card company today and they said they will investigate my claim and let me know if there is any action they can take against the merchant.

Met Dymzo when I won the Master Replicas sweepstakes in 2005 at Skywalker Ranch. Even got a few pictures taken with him. Had no idea at the time he was a thief and scam artist.
Thats the way it’s looking I am out a significant amount of cash at the moment with my order of a HAL 9000 unit via MRG. I just filed with the FTC today Against MRG.

Here is the latest ..

This was just posted on Indiegogo by a backer name sundancejedi

I’m pretty confident the company is out of business. On the group’s facebook page, someone posted links to profiles for employees of MRG. All of them appear to say “former” employees. I sent each of them facebook messenger messages asking about the project. I doubt I will get any reply.

Just got this response from the former HR Manager at MRG when asked if she knew what the status of the project was: “Hello, I don’t as I and others haven’t worked there in months. The company is under new management and I’m sorry if they haven’t updated everyone.”

If I had known who the CEO was before hand I would have never ordered from this scumbags Company

I mean, the first post about MR reopening included discussion about SD’s involvement. One of the nice folks at another company who had worked for original MR said many of the executives there were extremely shady all the way down to edition sizes being completely inaccurate and misleading. Anyone remember the constant “we found some more of this limited edition in our warehouse” emails from back in the day? Even the name MR had no legitimacy for me.

How time flies. It's been 10 years since the Neuralizer run fiasco here on the board ..... and he's still at it.

What a pity, I vividly remember the time when SD was synonymous with excellence, confidence & respect in the prop collecting world.

I still have one of his Golden Guns ( which gives the Factory Entertainment one a run for its money), and his 'working' plastic gun from ITLOF.

Yeah, quality of the SD Studios props was fantastic. I have the Batman 89 speargun, the HAL panel and some Alien gernades. All top quality. Too bad Steve turned out to be a very talented con-man... :(.

I've been seeing this kind of behavior all around collector circles lately; some people just end up becoming professional con artists. Super lame.

I've been seeing this kind of behavior all around collector circles lately; some people just end up becoming professional con artists. Super lame.
Certainly if you see that those people really have great prop-making skills and could make a good living out of an honest business. What a waste of talent this is! :(

Does Steve still send out newsletters of current sales? If anyone has his last one, I would like to see it if you can PM it privately to me. I have no desire to support him or make a purchase, I just need to check something.

Does Steve still send out newsletters of current sales? If anyone has his last one, I would like to see it if you can PM it privately to me. I have no desire to support him or make a purchase, I just need to check something.

Last mailing from him was mid May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back