SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it would take is one email or letter to the IRS with a link to any screenshots of his sales thread showing the sale price and his sign up list- or any other evidence, and they would take it seriously. You might never see law enforcement take action when you report to them, but the IRS is ruthless.

if I had a dog in this fight I’d be drawing up a letter now.

So, a company run by a supposed "master prop maker in the industry" and engineer goes bankrupt over a pretty simple rectangle shaped item with a lens and a red LED... 24 months to design, and still failed multiple times for production standards??? Is this a joke? lol

So, a company run by a supposed "master prop maker in the industry" and engineer goes bankrupt over a pretty simple rectangle shaped item with a lens and a red LED... 24 months to design, and still failed multiple times for production standards??? Is this a joke? lol

Until the next Company is started … But yes that is essentially it

I think MRG’s HAL was more than just the rectangular portion. It had displays, buttons and interaction. But yeah... it should still have been doable.
7B83EC06-A75C-414A-A712-3D09212DD948.jpeg

Actually the HAL didn’t . You are referring to the HAL interface that HAL fit into. Which made this HAL unique. Regardless Beyond the demo this will not be produced. Which is the Greek ”Fing” tragedy

I feel like I dodged a bullet on this one.

On Oct 2, 2018 I bought a steel Tomenosuke barrel from sd-studios through eBay. He said "I just relisted this item and I have a batch here ready to ship. I will be away for a week at NYC comicon, but if you order today it can ship TODAY."

Everything was ordered and I got a tracking number like an hour later. The order sat at " Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" till the 16th when I finally messaged him about it. He said "If this doesn't update in another couple of days, I will send another one."

On Oct 30, he asked me to confirm my address again, and I got a new tracking number.

The barrel finally arrived November 8th.

This ************ Dimsum has some nerve to put me on his SD Studios e-mail list selling his props! You took our money and act like everything is good between us! Seriously piss off Steve!

Attachments

• 1D551E1D-7F91-4432-BD39-2CBB8ABCF35E.jpeg
    1D551E1D-7F91-4432-BD39-2CBB8ABCF35E.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 265
Wow, Lucky me!

About 2 years ago I was in the middle of negotiations with him to build a B&W Wand Phaser, I had already purchased the stock phaser and was ready to send it to him, then all the sudden someone posted an SD Studios B&W Wand Phaser in the Junk Yard for $350 instead of the $650 I had negotiated. Thank GOD for that lucky post on the Junk Yard! I was read to give my left nut for one of those illusive Mofo's, and I guess I got Lucky! I didn't even realize how lucky I was until I just saw this thread AND I have a spare Wand Phaser to boot!

This ************ Dimsum has some nerve to put me on his SD Studios e-mail list selling his props! You took our money and act like everything is good between us! Seriously piss off Steve!

Here's my payment plan proposal, send me the item and I'll send you a payment in 5 years (maybe).

All it would take is one email or letter to the IRS with a link to any screenshots of his sales thread showing the sale price and his sign up list- or any other evidence, and they would take it seriously. You might never see law enforcement take action when you report to them, but the IRS is ruthless.
In a long line of people waiting for a bank teller, one guy suddenly started massaging the back of the person in front of him.

Surprised, the man in front turned and snarled, “Just what the hell are you doing?!”

“Well,” said the guy, “you see, I’m a chiropractor and I could see that you were tense, so I had to massage your back. Sometimes I just can’t help practicing my art!”

“That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard!” the guy replied. “I work for the IRS. Do you see me screwing the guy in front of me?”

My wife and I met this guy at the National Air And Space Museum on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek (9/8/2016). He was with his business partner (so he said). They both came across as real douches, very snobbish and dismissive, but especially the guy who this thread is devoted to. Was reading through this thread and asked my wife if she remembered the guy who introduced himself as “The Owner of Master Replicas” and his friend, and she said “those a-holes? Why are you bringing them up?” :)

Amazing that the start of this thread pre-dates that event. What I also recall from that encounter was he claimed to be considering a re-release of the ~32” MR TOS Enterprise model, with a paint job accurate to the new restoration of the original filming miniature.

Last edited:
The MR HAL Console is not too complicated for a factory to produce, as Steve claims was the problem. Maybe, just maybe, it might have been about the terms the contract specified for a factory to manufacture and MR changing the conditions or terms. That would be giving the benefit of the doubt. But I'm doubting they actually had a factory contracted in China. Having lived 6 years in China, it's not that hard. Just look around at all that is made in China. A HAL Console should have been a piece of cake. At about $1,200 a piece and MR stating 2001 was the hard number and being sold out, that's about $2.5 million they had upfront in a interest free loan. And now someone from Schwenksville, Pennsylvania is on eBay selling MR items..hmm. And MR is now under Chapter 7? This really smells fishy.

I do hope this is true, In his latest email

THIS IS IMPORTANT! One of my wonderful partners is suing me for TWO MILLION dollars, claiming that it is completely my fault that MRG went bankrupt. He is also claiming that they had NO idea of what I was doing for three years and only found out at the end

For a short while I completely forgot about him and the loss I incurred on the Neuralizers.

I'm not surprised that there are more people who got scammed under the pretense of a replica of HAL 9000. Sad years for us fellows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back