Saberz.com Definitive Project Hilts: Which should be next?

4-up-comp-bladed-2.jpg

Our next project is about to begin. We just sent the final 3D data over to the factory for production. So ... what did we choose? You'll have to wait and see ;-)

For now, we're just so happy to read all the positive feedback for Project M as the early customers start to receive them. See you soon!

Oh it WILL be produced. In fact we already sent the 3D data to the factory ;-)

As far as price, I don’t know that yet. We will not have a firm number until it’s basically ready to sell, and we have all input numbers accounted for.

Thanks everyone for the interest!
Any idea when/if Q will be made?

Is there any intention for these to be released in static editions?
I was actually about to ask the opposite question because I was under the impression they already were static. But if these are FX capable AND have support for production accurate carbon fibre blades that is dope as hell

All of our “Project” series hilts are FX capable, all of them support Nova Carbon, and all of them have ZERO compromises to achieve accuracy. Not even visible set screws; all blade retention is hidden. Sound venting hides when not in use. Buttons are completely accurate, no outer geometry changes compared to the original prop.

In short, there’s no reason to do a separate static version when these already do everything the static hilt would do, plus a LOT more.

This applies to Project M, O1, and Q. M is already released, O1 and Q are already in tooling now, launching as soon as possible.

A3 and O3 don’t have any buttons on the stunt props, so those might have to be a switchless setup if wired with electronics.

In short, there’s no reason to do a separate static version when these already do everything the static hilt would do, plus a LOT more.
Personally I'm a fan of FX compatible hilts because i love only having to use my imagination to pretend i'm on a planet far, far away when i hold one of my hilts and pretend to be a jedi. But in defense of the static-camp, their preference isn't based purely on accuracy and geometry still being 100% accurate, they also love when the weight is as accurate as possible.

But on a slightly unrelated note, as soon as I finished catching up on this thread and doing a deep dive on your older project threads I was instantly hooked with your work and had to tell my friend, who's a huge Maul simp, about the Project M and, no exaggeration, 14 minutes after I sent him the link and a huge paragraph explaining how freaking amazing and accurate your hilt is he sent me back a screenshot of a purchase receipt.

Well then technically we DO make a static version. It’s actually the regular FX ready version, then the customer can add a small lead weight to simulate solid resin. Or just add the FX electronics and it has the same heft.
Yeah that's what I was thinking personally anyways. The hero props were just solid resin and weigh close to a hollowed out aluminum hilt the either a chassis or just a few grams of weight could bring it close

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back