Saberz.com Definitive Project Hilts: Which should be next?

I'm also privy to some reference images that I can't share publicly. I don't ever state something definitively unless I'm 100% sure that I'm correct.

Of course, you don't have to believe me if you don't want to! Paint yours copper if you like :)
Yeah, like i say not doubting you! And like you say, there's multiple paint/finish versions out there, particularly with the QGJ, so could be the ones I linked to were randomly painted ones. But seriously, super psyched to finally have a 100% accurate qui gon!

Thank you for the vote of confidence! Yeah, 100% accurate is what we're going for! Right down to each individual grip cutout having its own unique geometry. It's hard to see unless you look very closely, but each cutout is slightly different. I took the dozens and dozens of measurements directly from a screen-used prop to ensure perfection. And that's just one of many features that has never been properly replicated before on this hilt. Another one is the silver shroud ... it's asymmetrical! The hook-shaped feature is significantly different on one side versus the other.

Another one ... the darn red button! No one has ever gotten those correctly prior to our own Project M. We spent a LOT of money getting the knurling just right, including investing in the creation of multiple knurling tools. But, now that we perfected that button for Project M, it carries over to every other Ep1 hilt!

There are a couple other newly correct features you can see in this image, but I'll point them all out when we finally do the intro video, whenever we actually produce this one.

v9-1.jpg

Since I'm getting the M, I'd really love to have a complete "Duel of the Fates" set. So, definitely the O1 or the Q.

Since so many have voted for O1 ... here's a little render for you. And as usual ... there are quite a few never-before-replicated-properly areas of this hilt. I'll point them all out, against an original prop, when it gets produced. I'll likely follow the votes, which would mean this one is next. It's also the most complicated of the four!

But the good news is that all the internal engineering is already done. The red button is a spring-loaded switch, just as on Project M. Aaaaand, the purple hemisphere inside the gold knob is a second spring-loaded switch!! Yeah it was a massive hassle to engineer it, but I think I've got it all sorted out. The entire gold knob assembly just threads into the hilt, and then the purple hemi is a spring-loaded switch! I'm excited to show it off once it's all ready.

V13-1.jpg

Well O1 is the clear winner, and assuming we go that route, it only makes sense to have Q follow right behind it, or simultaneous. I expect the Project M-LTD customers would enjoy the opportunity to purchase matching serial numbers across the "Duel of the Fates" triptych as well, so I'll be sure we make that a possibility.

Agree with JoeG - Really looking forward to the O1 (and eventually Q) as your next project as I purchased the LTD M as well! That will be an awesome set!

Last edited:
Well O1 is the clear winner, and assuming we go that route, it only makes sense to have Q follow right behind it, or simultaneous. I expect the Project M-LTD customers would enjoy the opportunity to purchase matching serial numbers across the "Duel of the Fates" triptych as well, so I'll be sure we make that a possibility.
YES I would!

01422E2D-4D09-4DF4-B57E-A60A01542C30.jpeg

Not a weird question at all!

And yes, we designed Nova Carbon so that it would work with ANY saber system out there. It's pretty clever little assembly that comes with several parts. In its "standard" configuration, it is indistinguishable from an actual production blade from Episode III, with the same threaded pushrod, etc. However, we made the pushrods removable, and we include two versions of the pushrod. The standard version, and a much SHORTER version, which then threads into a special adapter. And then we include two versions of that special adapter - a 1-inch version and a 7/8th-inch version.

So, long story short. Nova Carbon can either function EXACTLY like an Episode III production blade, or be adapted to fit into any 7/8ths-inch or 1-inch blade holder.

Best of all worlds. We are so excited to show these off. The first production samples are en route to me right now and will go up for sale in the Saberz.com web store in the next five days or so.

Thank you for the vote of confidence! Yeah, 100% accurate is what we're going for! Right down to each individual grip cutout having its own unique geometry. It's hard to see unless you look very closely, but each cutout is slightly different. I took the dozens and dozens of measurements directly from a screen-used prop to ensure perfection. And that's just one of many features that has never been properly replicated before on this hilt. Another one is the silver shroud ... it's asymmetrical! The hook-shaped feature is significantly different on one side versus the other.

Another one ... the darn red button! No one has ever gotten those correctly prior to our own Project M. We spent a LOT of money getting the knurling just right, including investing in the creation of multiple knurling tools. But, now that we perfected that button for Project M, it carries over to every other Ep1 hilt!

There are a couple other newly correct features you can see in this image, but I'll point them all out when we finally do the intro video, whenever we actually produce this one.

View attachment 1566178
Any chance you might sell those red buttons for those looking for button replacements or spares?

Hmmm, maybe. The problem is that they may not be compatible with other places you might want to use them. Roman chose to use an imperial threading. I’m using M5 on the middle (static) buttons and M8 on the spring loaded switch versions.

So it might be a little tricky to ensure people are buying what they think they’re buying.

Hey everyone, quick heads up. Everything is going well, and we are on track to ship ALL current Project M orders by the end of this coming week. Meaning shipment by April 29th, within our original estimate. The very last parts we are waiting on are the numbered plaques. These have been shipped out already and will land here on Tuesday. Orders for unpainted hilts will go out right away once we get those.

Orders for painted hilts will go out as soon as painting is complete (it is underway as I write this now). We made a couple updates to the paint scheme. The changes are small, but make a BIG difference to the overall look and accuracy. I can't wait to show them off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back