Saberz.com Definitive Project Hilts: Which should be next?

Now my bank is gonna really be upset if you clear all prequel sabers one episode at a time, with the last being rots vader. Please don’t do it to me.

No plans yet! Honestly I don't really like the Ep2-specific hilts for the most part. And moreover I don't have great reference for them. I love the Mace saber, so maybe one day. But probably no Tuskan Killers in the near future.

No plans yet! Honestly I don't really like the Ep2-specific hilts for the most part. And moreover I don't have great reference for them. I love the Mace saber, so maybe one day. But probably no Tuskan Killers in the near future.
Not even the clan hilts?
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Saberz not to get ahead of myself, but what’s next? EP2?

Ahem...

img01.jpg
411846_0.jpg

There's some nice options for these out there but I haven't seen a definitive version of either yet.

Saberz but but but you gotta keep this gravy train going!
The finish you achieved with the Maul saber is easily best I’ve held, and I own 4 different ones currently(ouch!) and with your dedication to do them AND have room for electronic installs, I’m sure every PT hero saber run list will have my name on it. I do like that you’ve now put together a complete set with the DoF. I’m ready for more sets like ep2 obi/ani, dooku/yoda, shoot if you could do jango/mace set, adventuring out with a westar-34 would make a killer set. Anyways those are my rambling thoughts. Is there any sabers already in the pipeline?

Saberz but but but you gotta keep this gravy train going!
The finish you achieved with the Maul saber is easily best I’ve held, and I own 4 different ones currently(ouch!) and with your dedication to do them AND have room for electronic installs, I’m sure every PT hero saber run list will have my name on it. I do like that you’ve now put together a complete set with the DoF. I’m ready for more sets like ep2 obi/ani, dooku/yoda, shoot if you could do jango/mace set, adventuring out with a westar-34 would make a killer set. Anyways those are my rambling thoughts. Is there any sabers already in the pipeline?
We need a real EP2 Obi-Wan. ONEREPLICAS and Saberbay have/are doing Arena runs. Shaun at SP Sabers has been toying around with doing a proper dimension OWK2 that isn't just a repackaged OWK1. That or hopefully Dan proceeds with the Three-Hole hilt and I can do my lil headcanon about the saltshaker being the canon "in-universe" second Obi-Wan hilt

We need a real EP2 Obi-Wan. ONEREPLICAS and Saberbay have/are doing Arena runs. Shaun at SP Sabers has been toying around with doing a proper dimension OWK2 that isn't just a repackaged OWK1. That or hopefully Dan proceeds with the Three-Hole hilt and I can do my lil headcanon about the saltshaker being the canon "in-universe" second Obi-Wan hilt
Are there any differences between OWK Eps1 & eps2? My understanding is that the eps2 is a casting of the eps.1, and would essentially be in line with the eps.1 stunts.

Edit. Interesting. One of the ep.2 stunts is considerably shorter than an ep.1 stunt according to these sales. Maybe they weren’t using higher-quality resin.
Although the description of the ep.1 saber isn’t clear whether the length mentioned is of the display case (which must be wrong), the saber hilt alone or the saber hilt with the rod.

Episode 1 - 12”
Episode 1 -11”

Last edited:
Are there any differences between OWK Eps1 & eps2? My understanding is that the eps2 is a casting of the eps.1, and would essentially be in line with the eps.1 stunts.

Edit. Interesting. One of the ep.2 stunts is considerably shorter than an ep.1 stunt according to these sales. Maybe they weren’t using higher-quality resin.
Although the description of the ep.1 saber isn’t clear whether the length mentioned is of the display case (which must be wrong), the saber hilt alone or the saber hilt with the rod.

Episode 1 - 12”
Episode 1 -11”
The hero props are different dimensions but other than that purely identical. The AOTC hero prop is apparently skinner and longer than the TPM prop, but I've never seen a definitive side-by-side just read through different research threads on the OWK2

Edit: with your included sources the TPM is 12" including threading and the ATOC is 13.5" with threading

The hero props are different dimensions but other than that purely identical. The AOTC hero prop is apparently skinner and longer than the TPM prop, but I've never seen a definitive side-by-side just read through different research threads on the OWK2

Edit: with your included sources the TPM is 12" including threading and the ATOC is 13.5" with threading
I’m pretty sure the AOTC hero is basically a resin copy of TPM metal hero. The AOTC version is smaller because of shrinkage during the resin process. The AOTC should be slightly shorter and slimmer. If you check the past discussions on the two sabers, you’ll see that’s the general consensus. So, an aotc OWK replica would essentially be the TPM metal hero with shrunken dimensions.

And some slightly different details. Firstly I think the hero in AOTC is shinier if not actually chromed compared to TPM. The LED bezels are just flat and chromed, there are no holes in the pommel cubes, (to me the pommel as a whole has a slightly different shape), the choke area doesn’t have a step down, it’s a continuous angle, no black in the choke either, and the metal shroud on the backside of the main grip is wider. Weird small differences all over.

Edit: Spelling

Edit edit: Forgot to mention the drastically reduced detail on the secondary (gold) button. No purple screw, different knurling.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back