Rumors of Firefly reboot on Disney +

Firefly is an excellent series, good story, great characters, and so easy to mess up these days. They better go and mess something else. Or even better stay home and mess nothing

Oh there's definitely some tweaks that will need to be made to bring it into line with modern values.

And in case you're wondering, yes, I did make a load of these back in the day. Luckily for everyone I can only find a handful of them now :lol:

You got it all wrong....

Actual cast confirmations

Jack Black as Mal.

Pam Poovey as Kaylie...yes the cartoon character! Shakesperean trained, still battling an EVERYTHING addiction.

Nicki Manaj as Shepherd Book. - watch the fun unfold as every conflict is delt with by an attack on love-making hygiene

Wash to be replaced by inevitable betrayal dinosaur, fresh out of rehab and ready to act

River Tam - Melissa McCarthy. She still refers to parsecs as parsnips

Yeah, its gonna be THAT good

ahh-noo.gif

If you want to find another cast with great chemistry, just make a story about a different ship with a different crew in the same universe. But don't try to pass them off as the Firefly crew.

I want a radio drama with the original cast. That could happen, yes?

As a prop collector that is always looking for props from this series I have email triggers setup. So, in essence, this thread is triggering on 2 different levels. :mad:

Precious few characters become so iconic and inseparable from the actors that any remake/recast is just guaranteed to fail.

Paramount/CBS did the right thing by making TNG instead of trying to remake TOS. Can you imagine how awful it would have been if instead they decided to reboot TOS replacing Shatner, Nimoy, Kelley, Nichols, Takei .... oh wait.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back