RS Hero Stormtrooper with Screen Lineage (first edition)

Is this a direct copy of a production hero?What helmet they used for it?

"Created from the original mouldings of a Stormtrooper Hero helmet face plate from the first Star Wars film A New Hope. This is the most authentic and accurate replica Stormtrooper Hero Helmet available in the galaxy."

That sounds like they did not had a helmet.Only a Hero faceplate mold...but from what source?

I’m assuming that if they only have the hero faceplate, it will be mated with their existing stunt back/cap? Were there any significant differences between stunt and hero back/caps (apart, obviously, from materials).

I’m assuming that if they only have the hero faceplate, it will be mated with their existing stunt back/cap? Were there any significant differences between stunt and hero back/caps (apart, obviously, from materials).

Would be interesting to see the used herofaceplate.But if they only have a mold or cast it could also be a copy of an fanmade,EFX or something.A complete herohelmet is another story...you could look what an exact helmet they used.RS can produce and say what they want...its always a hype for lots of guys when they release something! :D ;)

If I had to make a guess, they did say that their x-wing helmets/Tie back were from an original Tie pilot helmet. Maybe they got to cast the face plate from it as they didn't the first time and used a modified stunt face plate for their Ties. The original Tie helmets used the hero faceplates remember.

Ben

One identified Hero helmet is owned by lucasfilm archives. Another one from a private collector (approched by EFX collectibles to be casted). A third helmet in the collection of the french private collector A. Grunberg. One helmet supposed to has been converted for ESB (and only seen in the movie). So not so much possibilities for RSprop, especially when you know that only 6 Hero helmets were made.

I suppose that they could have copied a faceplate from a Tie pilot helmet as mentioned previously.

Hope to have more informations and pics soon.

Just watched the video again. They are alluding pretty heavily, that through connections they've made over the years, someone with an original allowed them "access" to it. & according to the website, they moulded that. So no laser scanning. It doesn't sound like they, & I can't see them, taking it from an eFX or fan made face plate, & then claiming that as a direct lineage.

What if the same guy who allowed eFX to scan or mold the helmet also approached or had been approached by RSprop to mold their helmet?

I think the cap and back, however, are probably their own creation from either a modified stunt or something. They were quite specific on this quote

"Created from the original mouldings of a Stormtrooper Hero helmet face plate from the first Star Wars film A New Hope." -RSPropMasters

I mean, it's not like eFX had an agreement to be the sole molder of the helmet... Did they?

"Here at RS Prop Masters we are the only helmet makers with original Star Wars “A New Hope” stunt helmet which enables only us to faithfully and painstakingly recreate every detail of the original."

So they have one of the originals sitting in their office?

I asked and was told the face was cast from an original hero helmet from a private collector. The helmet had all the parts but they were only allowed to cast the face plate.

Not that I'm a hurry or anything but.. was there any time frame announced? If so, I honestly didnt see it mentioned.
The description on the page listing says delivery before November. I think that's the only place it's been mentioned but I could be wrong.

Can't wait. This will be my first Stormtrooper helmet :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back