Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

I'm looking for ref pics of the back of her belt, as I'm going making it for a friend. Does anyone know where I can get some? I can see the front & have one shot of the back, but it's kinda obscured. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I tried something last night... I used toggle bolts and spacer tubes to make Rey's goggle clamps. What do you all think? 20160110_100720.jpg

Anything will work but if you want screen accurate than you need 2 tan Enfield slings that are spliced together with a light tan or white thread.
The Enfield slings have the fat rounded edges.
It's also used to hold the side canister on the leather back pack.

edit.
I got mine on Amazon.
\\

What clasps did you get? As for attaching them, it looks like the metal end crimp has been cut off and the strap double back around the clasp and sewed. Is this right? Also, how does the buckle that's on the front work? Is it functional or decorative? Thanks!

I bought Lobster clips on Amazon. (I may have it bookmarked on my other computer.)

The metal end pieces are removed.
The buckle is functional.
Loop one end around the center bar, that strap is shorter than the "front" strap and the extra piece is long enough for using on the side of the back pack.
The open end is then sewn to the longer "front" strap that comes over the front and through the buckle and down to the bottom of the staff.

This pick is the best reference showing all the stitching on it.
EP7_IA_10697.jpg

You can actually see the splice at the shoulder.

I saw a couple of folks were asking about the sellfy 3d printable staff, thought I'd throw my pics up of the one I printed from those files. It's a great value, $10 for the files and a bit of filament if you have the printer! Also full disclosure, I am not the creator of those files, so I'm not trying to make a sell ha I am just very happy with how they turned out on mine!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    FullSizeRender_1.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 268
  • FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    FullSizeRender_2.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 301
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 223
I bought Lobster clips on Amazon. (I may have it bookmarked on my other computer.)

The metal end pieces are removed.
The buckle is functional.
Loop one end around the center bar, that strap is shorter than the "front" strap and the extra piece is long enough for using on the side of the back pack.
The open end is then sewn to the longer "front" strap that comes over the front and through the buckle and down to the bottom of the staff.

This pick is the best reference showing all the stitching on it.
View attachment 576110

You can actually see the splice at the shoulder.

Thanks so much for the explanation! I see how it works. The hi rez pic is awesome. I had that shot smaller but couldn't get in close enough to see what was going on. I found lobster clasps on Amazon, too, I just didn't know if there was something more specific to get. I thought they were silver, but in this shot, it looks like they are brass, so I found some gold ones and will try to figure out a way to tarnish them.

Maerada I got the same fabric. What I did to pleat it was lay it out lengthwise on the floor and gather it with my fingers while it was wet (kind of using the same motion you'd use to sort through index cards), working from one end to the other. I should have taken a picture. I just left it there to dry. The fabric is a little stiff if you don't put it in the dryer, so it holds up pretty well. The pleats turned out nice and even on it. I haven't attached it to the shoulders of the shirt yet though, so not sure how that will work.

How would i get the files?

- - - Updated - - -

I saw a couple of folks were asking about the sellfy 3d printable staff, thought I'd throw my pics up of the one I printed from those files. It's a great value, $10 for the files and a bit of filament if you have the printer! Also full disclosure, I am not the creator of those files, so I'm not trying to make a sell ha I am just very happy with how they turned out on mine!
Could i have the files

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back