Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Fins should be in more of a V shape not parallel.
Flatter planes on the angled part not as rounded.

Use the Rey Face poster for reference.

I have three leftover ALICE clips. Anybody need one?

Edit: *These are now spoken for*

Last edited:
Been 3D printing my staff over the past few days, wish I would've found this thread a while ago though! :) Trying to figure out the staff clip attachments and all now, I saw some of the research here, so appears it's an enfield strap? What about the leather bits that clip around the staff with a D ring, just a custom bit?

12540153_10104017531082363_480048631_n.jpg

So a couple of Rey bits have shown up for me recently...

12410588_10207873547972938_7754076672077031079_n.jpg
Ladder chain for the backpack greeblie:
chain.jpg

and fabrics for Rey's Tunic and Wrap dress from Dharma Trading:
12376338_10207873493251570_8512103955019084125_n.jpg
The cotton Hemp Jersey Knit:
1012589_10207873492891561_6846127988456895359_n.jpg

and the Viscose for the Wrap Dress:
1170887_10207873492371548_543692969108366877_n.jpg

Now that I'm almost finished making my Husband's Kylo, I can think about the more important task of clothing my Rey :thumbsup

Most welcome. I should have all of her back together in the next few days, and I'll have better pictures. I remade several elements because, well...I'm never satisfied. Haha. The wraps were airbrushed with a size three needle on a Paasche Talon, so that's why they're a bit more dirty on the edges. And yes, that is the exact bandage I used. I got them at Walmart for $5.67 each, bought three and split one in half
ok, i got one of these today to try it out and it's not bad. I got a 3" because i think it will look better wrapped more and i want to keep the bulkiness down. I think this will end up being a tradeoff between how screen acurrate it is and how practical it is to wear without coming apart. So you ending up also sewing yours to the sleeves?

ok, i got one of these today to try it out and it's not bad. I got a 3" because i think it will look better wrapped more and i want to keep the bulkiness down. I think this will end up being a tradeoff between how screen acurrate it is and how practical it is to wear without coming apart. So you ending up also sewing yours to the sleeves?
I did tack it in four places. About halfway between the wrist and elbow, between the elbow and shoulder, and immediately on either side of the elbow. At this point though, since I still havent tacked the right sleeve, I'm not even sure if it's necessary. I might have just created extra work for myself. They don't seem to slip either way. Let me know how yours come out! I'm okay with not using the same exact fabrics and such if I can't tell the difference between them. And honestly.... This is a cotton gauze, it's just treated with a compound to make it stick to itself, so technically.... Still accurate. :) This is one time on this build that I think being more practical than authentic works well. Realistically even with a handler, as cosplayers we don't have the luxury of cutting between takes every two minutes to readjust and fix things.

Keep us posted. :-D

Also, I'm not 100% sure yet, but I suspect (and have all along) that there is a TK faceplate beneath the goggle material. Something about the way the goggles are shaped, and the thought that it would have presumeably been easier for her to just cut down the plate with the lenses already mounted (it's what I'd have done if I were scavenging for eye protection) that it just seems to make sense.

My hubby is picking me up a scrap TK faceplate as we speak from a friend who makes them... i'm going to try building my goggles around that and see if it informs the shape and proportions as I think it will.

I have always thought that there was a certain character in the look of her hero goggles which has yet to be replicated precisely....something about the orientation of the lenses and the shape of the surrounding materials which give it a distinctive look that I want to be sure I nail down.

I don't know if I'm utterly daft...but I *think* a TK faceplate cut down will give me that. We shall see...

And YES.. I'd noticed the brass crimps on the "replica" goggles we saw in the picture from Disney Studios.

I think the TK face plate may be to wide and flat.
I have a helmet copied of a SU and it's pretty wide in the eye section.

The inner corners of the eyes are 2" apart where Rey's are about 1".

But if it works it works.
looking forward to seeing how it looks.

So a couple of Rey bits have shown up for me recently...

View attachment 575450
Ladder chain for the backpack greeblie:
View attachment 575451

and fabrics for Rey's Tunic and Wrap dress from Dharma Trading:
View attachment 575452
The cotton Hemp Jersey Knit:
View attachment 575453

and the Viscose for the Wrap Dress:
View attachment 575454

Now that I'm almost finished making my Husband's Kylo, I can think about the more important task of clothing my Rey :thumbsup

I ended up dyeing the viscose from Dharma Safari Grey and the cotton hemp Ecru and I think the colors turned out quite well.

IMG_20160106_164325.jpg
(Although my first attempt at pleating didn't turn out right and everything is still too long).

For the goggles does anyone have an idea of what type of thread/string is on them?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back