Luke Skywalker from The Force Awakens

BobaFuss

I made this costume of Luke Skywalker from The Force Awakens for a friend of mine, TJ. He already has a nice ANH and ROTJ Luke. This was debuted this weekend at Toronto comic con. It needs a bit of tweaking still but it's 90% finished. Details below. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sleeveless Outer cloak
Raw tussah silk washed and dried several times and then custom dyed a taupe colour. Additional fabric breakdown / weathering with paints. Hemmed to floor length.

Sleeveless long Robe with tabards and obi sash
Raw silk noil washed and dried several times and then custom dyed a yellow-beige. Tabards dyed a pale beige. Weathered edges.

Calvary style Tunic
Off White cotton with Mandarin collar and front bib panel. Zip centre front. Bib attached with snaps. Hand stitching on bib. Weathered heavily at collar and sleeves.

The pants, puttees, and boots are reused from TJ's A New Hope Luke costume.

Belt
3" wide leather with lightsaber clip and buckle. Attaches in back. Buckle is plastic, painted with chrome paint and weathered. We copied the buckle from TJ's Return of the Jedi Luke belt. Glued to centre front belt. No belt pouch yet.

Cybernetic hand
Created by a Canadian Garrison member from kit bashed parts. Cast in resin and painted silver. It sits in a third sleeve which is pinned at the shoulder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks awesome!! Really nice work on the costume! I've been thinking of doing one of these myself as with my current aged shaggy beard appearance it's the only Luke I'll ever be able to pull off. Seeing him standing next to Kylo Ren there makes me long to see him kicking young Solo's rear... :)

I've seen this in person and it is just gorgeous. Amazing work, as usual BobaFuss!

Thank you so much for sharing the info and sources :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cybernetic Hand is such a Nice accent to the whole outfit.....Making the same outfit using silk,woven wool,linen,making a Saber, and I think that it might be easy to construct a Cybernetic Hand using a tight fitting glove of the proper material with metal,balsa wood overlay,wire, etc....painted or chromed to make the effect.....if it all goes well I start my own thread to post pictures.....and as for me im older so the Gray hair and beard is easy!.....

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back