Luke Skywalker from The Force Awakens

Did you custom dye the material yourself? If so, did you use a sample swatches of the material to test the color? I want to stop by the local fabric shop to learn how to do that. Love the textures of the various materials.

My buddy dyed the fabric and I assisted in the breakdown. I don't think he did any samples. He just has a good eye and a lot of experience with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cc41fe748eb4a0968e304831e1f4166e.jpg

Me as a Rebel Fleet Trooper with TJ. The hand isn't 100% accurate but it works well in photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Gotta say that's nailed. The wearer looks almost like the real deal.

Well done!

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you do for the boots, I'm looking into either to start with UUg boots or Bearpaw boots and go from there, do you have any pictures of those?

I don't have a good photo, but TJ wears beige Uggs. I believe he trimmed them so he could pull them tight against his legs with the puttees.

Thanks for the pics.... I'm working on mine now and waiting for my Saber to be completed...Trying to finish by end of May for a local Star Wars/Star Trek Make A Wish Fund Raiser .... I think it will go over we'll.... Growing Beard out now .... Will start my own Thread when the time comes.... Great work

I can totally see your buddy TJ walking through a con, stopping to look at a gal in a Slave Leia outfit or something equally transfixing. Then a little kid comes up beside him unbeknownst at first to his presence, but when the kid reaches up to touch the robot hand, TJ's real hand whips out from beneath his cloak slapping the little kid's hand away and grabbing him by his shirt. "Nothing there but trouble boy!" he says and pushes the kid aside.

Wait, wrong movie franchise. Oh well, it be fun to see the reaction of a gloved real hand reaching out to those unaware! Especially if it held an igniting lightsaber!!

Great job on his costume BobaFuss!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back