Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

My husband said the gun looks a little off based on the images. The area above the grip is off. I will check it as soon as i find one at work and post pics to show what it looks like.

toy comparison.jpg

Depending on the size, with extensive work you might be able to get something close.

The natural or the papyrus color? And thank you!
i was at joann's today getting jawa supplies and i checked it again. They had both colors and what i used is def natural. The papyrus is lighter and more of a cream color. It would probably work if you cant get the natural, since it's being dyed, but i used the natural. I think the pic on their website is wrong.

i was at joann's today getting jawa supplies and i checked it again. They had both colors and what i used is def natural. The papyrus is lighter and more of a cream color. It would probably work if you cant get the natural, since it's being dyed, but i used the natural. I think the pic on their website is wrong.

Cool. I ordered the "natural" color off their website. Should be here in a few days. Thanks for the info.

Excellent! Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the belt tip, i'm going to be re-making it from a single leather piece soon.

No problem. Mine actually is going to work, but barely. I intentionally made the belt too big so I could cut it down if needed (can always make things smaller, but bigger is a trick!), so now that I've done some further trying on, I think the bottom one will just fit and the top will need pared down, but I'm not going to mess with it until I get the full costume done and then I'll trim it exactly based on how it fits with that.

Alternatively, it can be stretched some or adding a small section of leather under the bag is totally doable. No one can see there.

Filled with fluff or a box was my plan, as well.

By the way, they have some canvas at JoAnn for the budget-minded/good enough folks. You could easily make a bag with a half yard or whatever. It's thinner than it "should" be, but it would work in a pinch. I'm going to my local military surplus store tomorrow to scope them out for a "close enough" bag to modify.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive got my seamstress working on mine so i can actually fit a lightsaber hilt in there, as well as anything else conwise i would need.

This. I'll be putting my hilt in mine (most likely) as well.

By the way, for those wondering/following the wrap fabric question, I took this at JoAnn today.

Natural on the bottom (this is what I got, on the advice of others here and, well, how it looks) and papyrus on the top (stupid phone rotated the pic - sorry!).

Either could be dyed appropriately, I think, but in a pinch, the natural could be left alone - though a touch of grey and some weathering ideal, I think.

image1.JPG

Wow, there must be varying lots of it. Those 2 colors looked a lot closer at my store. Your natural does look like it could be used without dyeing and it looks like what their website shows..... Looks like a good option.

Wow, there must be varying lots of it. Those 2 colors looked a lot closer at my store. Your natural does look like it could be used without dyeing and it looks like what their website shows..... Looks like a good option.

I was debating the same thing. Strongly considering no dye. I have some liquid Rit pearl grey here, but...I'm thinking not...just some weathering-type work.

By the way, anyone know what page the wrap pattern is on? I'm trying to find it and....yeah, this thread is 60 pages long. Sigh.

That said, I can do it without. Just trying to remind myself of where things start. Start at front of right knee -> left shoulder -> loop down by left knee -> right shoulder -> end behind right knee, correct? Crossing in front, but not in back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back