RESEARCH: X-WING CONTROL STICK

Just another quick example, I got a emergency call this morning about a elderly woman’s garage door breaking, and now she can’t open it to leave

When I got there sure enough the motor was covered in a few boxes with the cotton pin clips

I’m not saying it’s garage door opener, but it was a pretty common why to make things back in the 60s-70s

I have a gut feeling the top part we see and the handle are 2 different parts

No proof, just a gut feeling

Those Falcon viewers are by Photax, the biggest and the smallest in that range. Both white I think. The larger sized viewer was then used in the Tie set, I use a medium size cos it looks better.

Attachments

• TieViewer1.JPG
    TieViewer1.JPG
    504.6 KB · Views: 304
  • TieCONTedit1%20003b.PNG
    TieCONTedit1%20003b.PNG
    642.9 KB · Views: 372
The X-wing dash also has a bunch of the leftover Kalimar parts from the macros.
There are obviously a bunch of the radial engine it parts and Michell pieces as well.

Edit - one of the other cameras too. I think it was one of the stunt macro lens cameras.

Last edited:
Is there a source for accurate red switch covers, as found on the control stick (and imperial rank bars)?

AFAIK there was quite a bit of discussion about the correct dimensions of the plastic covers all the ETSY sellers use for their rank bars...

Would need one or two for my own controlstick...any leads?

Thanks in advance

The round one? I used EAO 31 series, with two tabs on the back and not the EAO 61 series with the round plug at the back. The lens just seemed to match the translucence we see on screen, was thin enough and had the same darker edges.
EAO.jpgEAO1.jpg

I got a couple round ones for the joystick (in case I lose one) and they are 15.5 mm or 15.6 mm in diameter

The rectangular switch lens on the pad I just learned about and again I'm late to the party. Those thick ones are Honeywell switches, and I got one from parts of sw. They are out there new and rather expensive I think, 20 or 30 USD. I managed to find a white and red pair of these Honeywell lenses that are, infuriatingly, half the size!

Here are the lenses!

1 EAO round lens, a Honeywell switch lens, smaller Honeywell lenses and my ID badge made with EAO lenses
20190920_122853.jpg
20190920_122618.jpg
20190920_122639.jpg
20190920_123059.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
And another thing - I need to workout the exact size of them small connectors too. Here's a very rough estimate based on my D-grip measurements. They all look to have the same proportions so that would make them a 10mm diameter tube on a 12mm base ring.

WHat the hell is that thing in the upper left corner? Is this the base for the X-Wing control stick or another spaceship?

In the Prop Store's video, an interview with a Stormtrooper, the legend that is Mr Syd Wragg states that he spent over a week doing just hand shots in the X-Wing and Tie Fighter and a few other places. So that cuts down the initial search by about 90% and countries to about one - yay lol! I had no idea Syd was the hand in the glove. Great stuff Syd, cheers!!

Attachments

• SydsWeekDoingHandShots1.jpg
    SydsWeekDoingHandShots1.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 195
In the Prop Store's video, an interview with a Stormtrooper, the legend that is Mr Syd Wragg states that he spent over a week doing just hand shots in the X-Wing and Tie Fighter and a few other places. So that cuts down the initial search by about 90% and countries to about one - yay lol! I had no idea Syd was the hand in the glove. Great stuff Syd, cheers!!

Do you have a link to the video?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back