RESEARCH: X-WING CONTROL STICK

It could be camera grip. Look at how this is shaped. I don't think this is it, but the way it's constructed kinda looks similar.

Argus movie camera.jpg

I've thought this too. I saw a heavy duty old movie camera with a huge straight grip and a chunky shoulder that I thought might be it

I do see something beneath the metal disc, those greeblies are flat I think, so it might be covering a mounting hole or flange

so THATS what the other switch hole is for, the 3500!

Mine has an empty hole above the CE button. Switch above the division and behind the 7 are the same! very efficient there, TI, resuing the same guts for a few calculators.

The Kodak Automatic 8 is very close. Like the MPP Bubble strip situation, I cut the 4x6 lens down to 4x5.
20190831_161930.jpg

Seems to be an accurate length. The real prop part seems thicker and fully curved a little. This lens is actually two sides, one for horizontal rows and one for vertical rows, creating the pillow grid.
20190831_161907.jpg

This means it only has one orientation, with the horizontal ridges on top, so you see the bumps on the end.
20190831_161845.jpg

I really wonder what camera it came from!

Hey everyone! Great thread!
Tom turned me onto this one since I'm not really around much anymore.
My family and work has been keeping me really busy, but I still research prop parts when I have spare time.
I've actually been very interested in the ship controls lately so this thread is right up my alley!
It's very exciting that you've got the base calculator nailed down.

A few observations...
I agree with Russ that those cylindrical pieces are PL259 connectors. They're popular bits.
The Michell disc on top of the grip - I'm pretty sure that's the top of the fluid arm and not one of the brush bases. Same piece is used on the Death Star droid's forehead. It has a thinner side profile and an extra step underneath which makes the piece look raised here.
The white square on the side of the grip is one of the "buttons" used all over the sets, ships, and pilot chest boxes (I might have missed this in the thread).
I'm guessing the round red lens on top is the same type used on the Rebel rank badges.

Chris

Thanks for the pics. I agree with thd9791, it looks like the keyboard base is exactly the same and those holes are for adding switches for certain models. You should be able to pop those switches out.

The Kodak Automatic 8 is very close. Like the MPP Bubble strip situation, I cut the 4x6 lens down to 4x5.
View attachment 1054374
Seems to be an accurate length. The real prop part seems thicker and fully curved a little. This lens is actually two sides, one for horizontal rows and one for vertical rows, creating the pillow grid.
View attachment 1054375
This means it only has one orientation, with the horizontal ridges on top, so you see the bumps on the end.
View attachment 1054376

I really wonder what camera it came from!

I like the way that bubble panel looks.

Hey everyone! Great thread!
Tom turned me onto this one since I'm not really around much anymore.
My family and work has been keeping me really busy, but I still research prop parts when I have spare time.
I've actually been very interested in the ship controls lately so this thread is right up my alley!
It's very exciting that you've got the base calculator nailed down.

A few observations...
I agree with Russ that those cylindrical pieces are PL259 connectors. They're popular bits.
The Michell disc on top of the grip - I'm pretty sure that's the top of the fluid arm and not one of the brush bases. Same piece is used on the Death Star droid's forehead. It has a thinner side profile and an extra step underneath which makes the piece look raised here.
The white square on the side of the grip is one of the "buttons" used all over the sets, ships, and pilot chest boxes (I might have missed this in the thread).
I'm guessing the round red lens on top is the same type used on the Rebel rank badges.

Chris

Thanks for all the info, very helpful! Do you have a link to, or a brand for the correct PL259? I googled image searched it and it looks like there are a lot of different ones. I assume only one is correct.

whoa!!!

On the original picture in this thread I see sloppy brush strokes on the sides of some of the buttons.

lonepigeon have you been able to ID the metal flanges next to the red switch lens? Sorry if it's been asked, I went through a ton of those connectors and adaptors and haven't been able to find a match

The silver disk seems to have a very small lip under it... Anyone else see the cap/lid to a metal airbrush? Maybe its just me

Yes, I was thinking that it was a turntable part too, the same that is used on the bowcaster. It is a bit thick though. Although the airbrush cap isn't a bad theory too.

Turntable part
IMG_6516.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back