Request for reference, discussion. Prequel and clan sabers.

I'm a bit confused on the base for Shaun's Fisto as he mentioned using a production asset but also an MR prototype. Perhaps he used both, either way it lacks the needle bearing emitter which is why I've held off ordering. For now I'm still holding out for a mixed media version of them to go with AS & Dewy's O and upcoming Q.

I'm a bit confused on the base for Shaun's Fisto as he mentioned using a production asset but also an MR prototype. Perhaps he used both, either way it lacks the needle bearing emitter which is why I've held off ordering. For now I'm still holding out for a mixed media version of them to go with AS & Dewy's O and upcoming Q.

Yeah, I get that. In my case, I'm only being super-picky about certain sabers, in terms of accurate materials and whatnot.

It's entirely possibly that another vendor may produce more accurate, mixed-media hilts, but you never do know. Sometimes you just have to strike while the iron is hot, instead of waiting forever.

And it may well be that I'll end up swapping out inaccurate parts for more accurate versions, adding the weathering, etc. Heck, I may well 3D-model the needle bearing emitter myself, and get it printed or machined.

While I love accuracy as much as anyone, I don't need the clan hilts to be super-duper accurate, unlike, say, the Luke ANH or Obi-Wan TPM. I'd just like some solid representation of them in my collection.

I've already compromised and said "good enough" for some saber replicas which have tweaks to allow for FX builds, etc. A few lower-tier Korbanth/89 models instead of premium models from other vendors. That sort of thing. Just to be able to say I have solid versions of all the main props from all six films.

Last edited:
Well, the Fisto is on its way, although there’s been no movement on tracking. Looks like the Mundi will be up for order, next.

I’ll give my assessment of each as they come in. And I’ll have to see whether I should seek out more accurate parts (in cases like the Fisto emitter), and whether I should try weathering them up like the TPM heroes.

I just looked at this new SP Sabers Kit Fisto hilt... It does look really weird. Not sure what the source is but it doesn't seem to match any of the dimensions and proportions of the original. Even the greeblies look off.

Click to enlarge. This is the prop I want to see made but with real metal accents.

IMG_9806.jpegIMG_9804.jpegIMG_9803.jpegIMG_9802.jpegIMG_9801.jpegIMG_9800.jpegIMG_9799.jpegIMG_9798.jpegIMG_9797.jpegIMG_9795.jpegIMG_9796.jpegIMG_9794.jpegIMG_9793.jpeg

Won’t be able to tell until it’s in hand, of course, but the SP version looks off mainly in terms of the knobs, purple hemis, and the simplifed emitter (which virtually every replica out there has gotten wrong). It may be possible to swap these parts out with accurate replacements. We’ll see.

As noted, it won’t crush me if these clan hilts aren’t super-duper accurate. Just scratching the itch.

I really want to know what the masters were made from, and if they still exist. They did cylindrical sections of details and stacked a few together… thank you teecrooz

I really want to know what the masters were made from, and if they still exist. They did cylindrical sections of details and stacked a few together… thank you teecrooz

I can’t help but wonder if the famous clip of Ewan choosing his lightsaber wasn’t staged for the camera, because the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon sabers are the clear outliers in that group of sabers built for the film. All of the other designs are very generic, with shared components (and the Windu/Plo Koon design being half of the Maul saber, with some added parts) and repetitive detail.

Been doing some research. I need to receive the SP Fisto saber and take measurements, first, but I believe it may be possible to construct an accurate replacement emitter. I’ve found a number of needle bearings which look to be around the right size and have the proper detailing. The trick would be to find six of the TPM-style emitter flanges to stack together.

Aside from that, it would just come down to replacing the four knurled knobs, and finding the right size purple hemis to attach to two of them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back