Rebels Freddie Prinze Jr. Star Wars rant

The Cosmic Force became quieted, but it didn't disappear. And there's still the Living Force. If I had to guess, it has to with there being balance in the Force for a time. But the Cosmic Force awoke, which happens before Rey has her moment with the lightsaber.
Where did you get this from?

That's what I mean. It just seems like another way to cover up bad writing.

But I'm genuinely curious. What's the difference between "cosmic" force and "living" force? And where is this explained? (Please don't tell me Wookipedia:rolleyes:)

And where is it stated any part of the force was dormant...

(I think Qui Gon was the first to muck it up with the "living force" in a comment to Obi Wan... But in not well versed in the EU, it may have been mentioned there prior to TPM, but I doubt it)

That's what I mean. It just seems like another way to cover up bad writing.

But I'm genuinely curious. What's the difference between "cosmic" force and "living" force? And where is this explained? (Please don't tell me Wookipedia:rolleyes:)
The Living Force is mentioned in TPM

The Cosmic Force was first mentioned in TCW episode "Voices"

And where is it stated any part of the force was dormant...

(I think Qui Gon was the first to muck it up with the "living force" in a comment to Obi Wan... But in not well versed in the EU, it may have been mentioned there prior to TPM, but I doubt it)

"There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?" - Snoke

And the film is literally called The Force Awakens If there is an awakening going then, then it stands to reason that Force must have been in some other state.

"There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?" - Snoke

And the film is literally called The Force Awakens If there is an awakening going then, then it stands to reason that Force must have been in some other state.
Well, that's well and good. So what were Snoke, Kylo, and the Knights of Ren, and Luke (and his students - and probably Leia too) practicing?

And it couldn't just be the light side being dormant, as Kylo lamented to Vader's helmet - he felt the light pulling at him (again).

The force was there. They were all tapping in to it. To me - "The Awakening" was in reference to one person's experience, not the Force as a whole.

Well, that's well and good. So what were Snoke, Kylo, and the Knights of Ren, and Luke (and his students - and probably Leia too) practicing?

And it couldn't just be the light side being dormant, as Kylo lamented to Vader's helmet - he felt the light pulling at him (again).

The force was there. They were all tapping in to it. To me - "The Awakening" was in reference to one person's experience, not the Force as a whole.

Yeah, the Force was there. And I thought it originally had to do with Rey. But Snoke mentions this awakening before get's her awakening when she touches the Skywalker saber. So I think there's something else going on.

Yeah, the Force was there. And I thought it originally had to do with Rey. But Snoke mentions this awakening before get's her awakening when she touches the Skywalker saber. So I think there's something else going on.
You're right about the timing with the saber, but was she also not using the force (unwittingly) when piloting the Falcon? I thought it was inferred in her post escape conversation with Finn.

You're right about the timing with the saber, but was she also not using the force (unwittingly) when piloting the Falcon? I thought it was inferred in her post escape conversation with Finn.
Yes she was. But considering that she says that she's always kinda "known" about the Force, I don't think that's the awakening. I think.

This is the movie where we find out that R2D2 IS actually the chosen one and embodiment of the force and BB8 woke it up.

They only thought Anakin was because he was the only Jedi tested when R2 was nearby.

This is the movie where we find out that R2D2 IS actually the chosen one and embodiment of the force and BB8 woke it up.

They only thought Anakin was because he was the only Jedi tested when R2 was nearby.

And R2D2 is a robo-sexual, a real person who just "identifies" as a robot. It'll go right along with all the rest of the crap in these terrible movies.

The Lost Twenty were Jedi Masters who left throughout its history. Count Dooku was the last one. But this does not count people like Ventress, Anakin, Ahsoka, Barriss Offee, Pong Krell, or the unknown number of Jedi who became Inquisitors.

I think you should double check that. In "Rise of Lord Vader" Vader specifically mentions them and claims he was number 21. It is at the climax of the book when he is fighting the protagonist. I don't want to give away spoilers.

I think you should double check that. In "Rise of Lord Vader" Vader specifically mentions them and claims he was number 21. It is at the climax of the book when he is fighting the protagonist. I don't want to give away spoilers.
That would be Legends now. Also Anakin wasn't a Jedi Master, so it's odd that he would claim to one those. Unless that's Anakin being bitter about not being promoted to master.

That would be Legends now. Also Anakin wasn't a Jedi Master, so it's odd that he would claim to one those. Unless that's Anakin being bitter about not being promoted to master.
It's always been a sore spot for him...
3ekno2.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back