Pimp my Probe Droid? One more day to go!

Re: Pimp my Probe Droid? Update on page 7

At last I saw the real prop in the flesh today, I have to say it was great to see it without any flash photography & under studio lighting & you know, it made me really happy. My color is off a bit with the greens I added but Its made me want to do it all again.....
I tried to capture it as well as I could with the LTD time I had at the exhibition but I will be going back tomorrow to take a hole load of pics. I just wish I had a tripod with me,,,,,,bugger

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg
IMG_4044.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch, is that a big crack in his noggin or what Guy? If you can buddy, id love some more pics of the PD!
Can you get a bit of fixation on the leg joints buddy?

lee

As promised Lee,

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Its not easy to get round the back but I've got a few more to add when I get time. Lighting is bad in the case so I had to use flash sorry. Hope these help?

WOW great photos!!!

You can really see it's a brownish color, looks very close to the speederbike base color.

GFollano

Guy, thanks buddy, some great pics there, appreciate the time took my friend.
In my eye, he's still a gun metal hue, that brown really does look like a wash of some sort...like a rust...in Chronicles, you can clearly see Lorne shooting it with a metallic grey rattle can!

GF, yeah there is some damage to the lense, thats a damn shame, its looking a bit beat up...but its almost as old as me :lol

From those pics, i think ill have a redo on my leg pistons now, want to use some K&S and get them looking nice and brassy!

lee

Aww Guy now your spoiling me lol, there killer pics buddy, i reckon, i may be tipped for repainting mine TBH now, ideally id like to get a set of legs done in acrylic now, articulate them, use OE kit parts, and make a meal of it lol.
Never have noticed that orange stripe either buddy, good eye, ill make an ID fella of you yet haha!
If we could get legs drawn up in cad, would there be any interest in a run, there not too costly in donors at all, and i have 99% of the kits, dont know, just would be nice to ditch the resin, static legs, as there pretty poor TBH!

lee

Count me in. I had to hang like a monkey of the case to get the shots of the back side of the PD, people must have thought I was mad, I think I did scare some people!!:angel

The PD as it looks today is different from when it was filmed. Apart from having some missing parts they have also added a center leg that serves as a support for display.

I'd be up for a S.S PD...seemed to have missed out on the first one and its never going to see the light of day again.Long as I can save the $$$ for one,I'd love to have one.

Wow, a PD kit just sold on ebay for over $1000. I guess that means there should be another run or Master built of these some day. I did go for it but not at that price, I think Rolando's went for about that price finished. I hope its a good one!

Anyone here?

Darth Myeek, I love that shot...........it looks like "Momma" probe droid is about to explain why you should never approach her "baby"..........he he

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back