My 232 Probe Droid Pod (Lucasfilm Archive Version)

Boxcar Bret

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have returned from completing my scratch building rite of passage. There was a thrill I got that I never experienced with an off-the-shelf kit. Thank you to all the RPF member who went before me and identified parts and gave pointers. This was my foray into scratch building and I have to say I'm hooked and I blame you all.

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4944.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4950.jpg

IMG_4970.jpg

Really enjoyed looking through these threads regarding the probe droid and it’s pod. You’ve done a fantastic representation of this and I’m hoping to give it a go at some point.

Tracking down some of these kits is a mission in itself. Is there a specific place which is best to look for them other than eBay? I’m a novice at the Studio Scale stuff so my knowledge is little but hoping to get stuck into some of the smaller ones (easier said than done without finding those kits) in the near future.

Really enjoyed looking through these threads regarding the probe droid and it’s pod. You’ve done a fantastic representation of this and I’m hoping to give it a go at some point.

Tracking down some of these kits is a mission in itself. Is there a specific place which is best to look for them other than eBay? I’m a novice at the Studio Scale stuff so my knowledge is little but hoping to get stuck into some of the smaller ones (easier said than done without finding those kits) in the near future.
Thank you! It’s a great entry level build and I learned a lot from it.

eBay was my go to for kits. I recommend being patient because there are some deals to be had. Check daily for the kits you need. I prefer listings that have a “make offer” options. You’d be surprised what you can that way. Also if you see something you’re interested in, save it and wait. The seller might come to you with an offer. All these little tricks add up to savings when buying multiple kits.

The other place I’d recommend is model show swap meets. I got two SCREAMING deals a couple of weeks ago on two vintage kits. Plus you get the opportunity to haggle.

This path is a pricey one but I’ve found a satisfaction that I never had building off the shelf kits. Patience is the key.

I look forward to following your build.

I have returned from completing my scratch building rite of passage. There was a thrill I got that I never experienced with an off-the-shelf kit. Thank you to all the RPF member who went before me and identified parts and gave pointers. This was my foray into scratch building and I have to say I'm hooked and I blame you all.

View attachment 1788784

View attachment 1788785

View attachment 1788786

View attachment 1788787

View attachment 1788788

View attachment 1788789

View attachment 1788790

Love it—outstanding build!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back