One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

Gary Kerr kindly posted this picture.
13522841_1063554367015450_6580926501818208106_o.jpg

Looks fantastic.
:)Spockboy

In that image of the lower saucer, it looks like the 3 concentric rings have a copper/orange color in them? Is that new info? Is that just masking tape?

They don't appear in the video of the restored Enterprise on display, so I'd go with masking. Similarly, there's also the lines of red on the outer edge of the saucer and on the tip of the cannon thingy in the center.

She looks great, I hope to get up there at some point. Haven't seen her since she was hanging from the ceiling!

The endcap LED effects are a very, very good try. Alas, it doesn't look at all like the spinning rotors, as I feared it wouldn't. Given that using motors was off the table, it's the best we could hope for.

Note that they only turn on the lights at 11, 1 and 3. For how long, I don't know.

Sorry guys. I have removed my photos because Paul Jazman posted them on FaceBook without my permission or attribution. I will not be posting any more images of the Enterprise, and maybe not post any of my own pictures at all anymore. If I can't expect the common courtesy of respecting the ownership of my own images in such a simple way, I'm no longer interested in sharing them.

I have a few more, but the machines here at work have older IE, and photophucket is very uncooperative. Also took nacelle video. :)
Ran into Margaret and Malcolm, congratulated them profusely. They really hit this out of the park.

I'll get piles more this weekend, as the guard rails come down on Friday. Today this was as close as I could get.

Clear off your hard drives, RPFeeples! You're gonna be downloadin' fools for some time to come... :)

Last edited:
She looks great, I hope to get up there at some point. Haven't seen her since she was hanging from the ceiling!

The endcap LED effects are a very, very good try. Alas, it doesn't look at all like the spinning rotors, as I feared it wouldn't. Given that using motors was off the table, it's the best we could hope for.

Note that they only turn on the lights at 11, 1 and 3. For how long, I don't know.

They used spinning rotors. Got that right from Margaret Weitekamp.

Malcolm said they're still tweaking the speed. The problem is that the final element can't be done in real life. It's the shutter flicker and blur that results from shooting it with a film camera. But they did exactly reproduce the effect as it was. Same inks, lights in all the right places, and spinning rotors. If it looks wrong, it's because you're judging it against the onscreen appearance as opposed to ever having seen the actual effect live.

Is Photobucket an overengineered resource hog or WHAT?

Don't get me started. Works fine at home, but still very pokey compared to other websites. And yet it's still the better of the two major ones. I found Flickr to be very hard to figure out. Plus, photophucket does serve the photos rather well. But yeah, I hate it.

Brian M sent me a PM about using Dropbox, so I'm gonna give that a whirl. It hadn't occurred to me. Stop laughing. I'm old. :p

Sorry guys. I have removed my photos because Paul Jazman posted them on FaceBook without my permission or attribution. I will not be posting any more images of the Enterprise, and maybe not post any of my own pictures at all anymore. If I can't expect the common courtesy of respecting the ownership of my own images in such a simple way, I'm no longer interested in sharing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will buy you a steak dinner if you use Dropbox instead of Photobucket. Dear GOD don't use the Angelfire of Lycos of Commodore 64.....

oh and yeah, the ship looks AMAZING

You have a deal, Jason! :)

The stuff above is from my phone via Tapatalk, but I do love me some steak. Outback is my lady love, but Ruby Tuesday will do in a pinch (and they do the broccoli really well). :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back