One-Stop 11' TOS Enterprise Reference Thread: NCC-1701, No Bloody A...

I promise when I get home I'll use my Dropbox. Because steak. :p

Now, please, let's get back on topic and rave about Our Lady of Perpetual Warp Speed, shall we? :)

It looks absolutely gorgeous. I would love to be able to go and see it in person, but that likely won't happen :-( Exchange rate on the Canadian dollar is horrible.

Does anyone know if any professional photos or videos were taken of the completed ship before going into the glass enclosure?

Except for the few snaps I got today, I still have 12GB free on my iPhone and almost 2GB on my camera. And come Friday I'm gonna shoot everything. :) Plus more nacelle footage, cuz I screwed that up today. :p

Are you or anyone else planning to attend the all night event Friday night?

I'm in Baltimore - we could actually make that happen. Outback is a great consistent chain!
You have a deal, Jason! :)

The stuff above is from my phone via Tapatalk, but I do love me some steak. Outback is my lady love, but Ruby Tuesday will do in a pinch (and they do the broccoli really well). :D

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to go, but my last hand surgery is Thursday so I will be soooooo hiiiiigh Friday. Also in pain. Also, high.

I hope I can go soon!

I'm in Baltimore - we could actually make that happen. Outback is a great consistent chain!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to go, but my last hand surgery is Thursday so I will be soooooo hiiiiigh Friday. Also in pain. Also, high.

I hope I can go soon!
Dude. DUDE.

You have a legal chance to see the Enterprise nacelles spinning while you're high... and you're not? :p

More pictures! I was trying to find good pictures of the model for a replica and they did an awesome job! Hope to see some good pics of the top of the saucer, I was debating grid lines across the ship, with them gone from the hull I want to see what they did up there. :) Can't see them in display pics but can on the disassembled lower saucer.

Just looks great!

Are you or anyone else planning to attend the all night event Friday night?

Oh, HELL yes!

I missed out on tickets for the Launch Crew part, but I'm on the rest of it like stink on fish glue. Which is what I was told they used to replace the failed animal glue. And apparently it's very stinky. :)

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures! I was trying to find good pictures of the model for a replica and they did an awesome job! Hope to see some good pics of the top of the saucer, I was debating grid lines across the ship, with them gone from the hull I want to see what they did up there. :) Can't see them in display pics but can on the disassembled lower saucer.

Just looks great!

The upper saucer was only cleaned, not painted or refinished in any way. But the lines are only going to be clearer now, because what came off of there was years of grime.

The lower saucer grid lines are also there, but waaaaaay more subtle than EM did them in '92.

As for more pictures, oh yeah -- by this weekend we'll all be up to our pointed ears in detailed photos. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, HELL yes!

I missed out on tickets for the Launch Crew part, but I'm on the rest of it like stink on fish glue. Which is what I was told they used to replace the failed animal glue. And apparently it's very stinky. :)

I missed Udvar-Hazy this year so I'll probably make this. It should be a good way to avoid the usual crowds, and I'm usually up all night anyway.

I missed Udvar-Hazy this year so I'll probably make this. It should be a good way to avoid the usual crowds, and I'm usually up all night anyway.
Excellent! If I'm not at the model with a glass cutter, I'll be in the bathroom (possibly for a while) or in McDonald's. They'd better have McDonald's open. :p

Found some more pictures kindly taken by a gentleman named Dwayne Day.

13497952_10206992604280806_3789066820385448006_o.jpg
13528112_10206992598080651_1164254263095644446_o.jpg
13559068_10206992518718667_2011910080533499486_o.jpg

Thanks Dwayne.

:)Spockboy

Last edited:
I am just sooooooo pleased with how it looks. Stunning.

I havent seen it in person since it was hanging from the ceiling a few decades ago.

In the images of the lights below the shuttlebay, the vertical light strips are red on the restored model. Aren't they supposed to be yellow?

In the images of the lights below the shuttlebay, the vertical light strips are red on the restored model. Aren't they supposed to be yellow?

Didn't notice it until you said something but this was my recollection too but looking at screencaps maybe not on the lighted version of the ship. Looks like the painted one's were yellow but the lights do look a bit red in the couple of lighted rear shots I found.

The_Enterprise_Incident_014.JPG

themantrap000.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, yeah. Nailed it.

Sorry guys. I have removed my photos because Paul Jazman posted them on FaceBook without my permission or attribution. I will not be posting any more images of the Enterprise, and maybe not post any of my own pictures at all anymore. If I can't expect the common courtesy of respecting the ownership of my own images in such a simple way, I'm no longer interested in sharing them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back