1/650 scale Star Trek Enterprise G

ave4uevoli

Sr Member
I just received this AMAZING enterprise G direct from John Eblan. EBLANWORX He was such a pleasure to deal with. Communication was give throughout the process, update photos, a estimated timeline at the beginning which was ultimately pretty spot on. Studio scale model building is extremely difficult. There are always delays. John was able to put this model together, install electronics and get it all shipped to me in a very reasonable time frame.

I read somewhere that John Eblan had built the model for Picard, so I figured why not go directly to the source to get an accurate representation of the model. He did not disappoint!

The model itself is gorgeous. I love the aztecting. The paint job is detailed and crisp. The lighting is so much fun, and adds so much depth to the model. I'm able to take a magnifying glass to decals and read words. He even was able to get the little blue lights in the corners of the rectangles at the front of the saucer section via fiber optics. Some of the lighting is angled in a way so it highlights the saucer section, giving the model so much more depth.

It's been a while since I got a Star Trek model, It's come a long way since the models I used to collect. Models nowadays have some lights that are in scale to the actual ship so it doesn't look like a weird Christmas tree.

The packing job was amazing as well. The whole model came in a giant wood crate (seen as a temporary table/stand for the model in the pictures). Inside was layers of custom cut foam so it protected the model during transport. The model arrived without a scratch.

The electronics are controlled via remote control. I can turn on and off the lights, and even activate photon torpedo sounds (where also a red light blinks in the torpedo bay),.

I highly recommend Eblanworx for any model building. They can be found here: EBLANWORX

This is going perfectly next to my 1/650 enterprise E.... and I'm hoping to build a whole enterprise legacy line in 1/650 scale.

Enjoy the pictures. Hopefully, some of you like the new enterprise G from Picard season 3. I know many of you thought that it was weird that the titan was just renamed as the Enterprise. I get how there are a bunch of odd inconsistencies as to why that ship probably shouldn't have been named the Enterprise. The titan was already a ship with a legacy, as this was a refit, so changing the ship to be the Enterprise seems like a stretch. The titan was also a older ship, and the Enterprise, I thought, was always the latest and the greatest. The ship isn't really consistent in size to how the enterprise line was progressing (always getting bigger). Also the enterprise F was really short lived. All that being said, I really like the design of the ship. It has some modern elements, combined with a lot of design inspiration from the enterprise-A. I personally think it's good they brought back some of the older design elements, instead of making the Enterprise more and more oblong shaped. Plus the ship sizes were getting ridiculous. I mean, how big does a ship really need to be in the vastness of space.

Please excuse the not so great pics. I took them straight out of the box so I didn't have any time to arrange things nicely.

Attachments

• 20231011_191921.jpg
    20231011_191921.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 955
  • 20231011_191929.jpg
    20231011_191929.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 541
  • 20231011_191937.jpg
    20231011_191937.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 551
  • 20231011_191954.jpg
    20231011_191954.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 1,433
  • 20231011_192218.jpg
    20231011_192218.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 533
  • 20231011_192320.jpg
    20231011_192320.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 20231011_192411.jpg
    20231011_192411.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 472
  • 20231012_192032.jpg
    20231012_192032.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 430
  • 20231012_192259.jpg
    20231012_192259.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 374
  • 20231012_192315.jpg
    20231012_192315.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 20231012_192331.jpg
    20231012_192331.jpg
    801.7 KB · Views: 484
That looks fantastic! But the Enterprise-G was designed by Bill Krauss, aka Admiral Buck. He built a physical model that Terry Matalas asked to use as the Titan. Bill took lots of photos for them to turn it into a digital model. He wasn't aware that they were going to rechristen it as the Enterprise-G until near the end of Picard season 3 airing (I believe).

That looks fantastic! But the Enterprise-G was designed by Bill Krauss, aka Admiral Buck. He built a physical model that Terry Matalas asked to use as the Titan. Bill took lots of photos for them to turn it into a digital model. He wasn't aware that they were going to rechristen it as the Enterprise-G until near the end of Picard season 3 airing (I believe).
Ah yes - thanks for the clarification - I remember seeing the interview with Bill Krauss with Norm from Tested and therefore I had conflicting information. I wish I could find what I read back in the day but yea... apparently you can't trust all postings you read on twitter :lol:

I just received this AMAZING enterprise G direct from John Eblan. EBLANWORX He was such a pleasure to deal with. Communication was give throughout the process, update photos, a estimated timeline at the beginning which was ultimately pretty spot on. Studio scale model building is extremely difficult. There are always delays. John was able to put this model together, install electronics and get it all shipped to me in a very reasonable time frame.

I read somewhere that John Eblan had built the model for Picard, so I figured why not go directly to the source to get an accurate representation of the model. He did not disappoint!

The model itself is gorgeous. I love the aztecting. The paint job is detailed and crisp. The lighting is so much fun, and adds so much depth to the model. I'm able to take a magnifying glass to decals and read words. He even was able to get the little blue lights in the corners of the rectangles at the front of the saucer section via fiber optics. Some of the lighting is angled in a way so it highlights the saucer section, giving the model so much more depth.

It's been a while since I got a Star Trek model, It's come a long way since the models I used to collect. Models nowadays have some lights that are in scale to the actual ship so it doesn't look like a weird Christmas tree.

The packing job was amazing as well. The whole model came in a giant wood crate (seen as a temporary table/stand for the model in the pictures). Inside was layers of custom cut foam so it protected the model during transport. The model arrived without a scratch.

The electronics are controlled via remote control. I can turn on and off the lights, and even activate photon torpedo sounds (where also a red light blinks in the torpedo bay),.

I highly recommend Eblanworx for any model building. They can be found here: EBLANWORX

This is going perfectly next to my 1/650 enterprise E.... and I'm hoping to build a whole enterprise legacy line in 1/650 scale.

Enjoy the pictures. Hopefully, some of you like the new enterprise G from Picard season 3. I know many of you thought that it was weird that the titan was just renamed as the Enterprise. I get how there are a bunch of odd inconsistencies as to why that ship probably shouldn't have been named the Enterprise. The titan was already a ship with a legacy, as this was a refit, so changing the ship to be the Enterprise seems like a stretch. The titan was also a older ship, and the Enterprise, I thought, was always the latest and the greatest. The ship isn't really consistent in size to how the enterprise line was progressing (always getting bigger). Also the enterprise F was really short lived. All that being said, I really like the design of the ship. It has some modern elements, combined with a lot of design inspiration from the enterprise-A. I personally think it's good they brought back some of the older design elements, instead of making the Enterprise more and more oblong shaped. Plus the ship sizes were getting ridiculous. I mean, how big does a ship really need to be in the vastness of space.

Please excuse the not so great pics. I took them straight out of the box so I didn't have any time to arrange things nicely.
Impressive. How much was it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back