Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 3 50.0%

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Since there is a thread concerning the reviews of the newest instillation to the Predator franchise, I wanted to add a poll so we can rate it to gain an actual Lair rating [or something like that]. I wanted to start this because I read the "critique" [if you can call it that] of the new Predators movie by some loaf somewhere....Plus, we're arguably the biggest Predator fans and critics out there.

Maybe, just perhaps, after a week or so of responses, we could send the results to be viewed somewhere, or even to the SDCC this year to show all what the lair thought of the new movie...

So, what do you hunters and huntresses think?

sounds like a good idea man! i'm going to see it in exactly 56 minutes and i'll update this post when i do

but so far it seams sooo good

I enjoyed it mainly for the reason we go to see these monster movies, to SEE the monsters!

Predators delivers with many action scenes, good twists, decent acting and a great director. I found the start to be quite slow, but after watching the movie found that it was needed to set the storyline/character backgrounds and relationships.

The CGI was very good, nothing less than what we'd expect for predators though noticed some of the bloody scenes looked as if it was hurried and could have been improved on (you know what i mean *no spoilers*).

Overall i'd give it a 8 out of 10, a great movie to see, but not a classic like the first predator.

Well, I just saw it. My first thought is "The preds weren't big enough". Sorry guys, but there it is. There simply wasn't enough of a size difference between the humans and the Predators.

Other than that, I really hate the multiple preds scenario now. Each one got some minimum standard screen time, then died, except for Underbite. Disappointing.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. I could easily watch it again at the theater without feeling ripped off. Was hoping Isabelle would be more of a badass, but the sniper rifle isn't really conducive to on screen action. I didn't mind Noland so much, but I did think that jungle must have some pretty good foraging, looking at the size of him. Can't really be bothered to write a full review now, but that's the highlights!

i thought it was good not great but thought the ending kind of sucked. i agree with hez about the pred size and i was disapoint with the final battles. the preds didnt seem that hard to kill at all and i was kinda hoping for more in the fight between P1 and the super black pred.

on the up side there was a good few things i realy enjoyed about it but the ending just kind of ruined it for me a bit.

just my thoughts

Loved it ...great summer movie! finally a fitting addition to the franchise ..crafted with much respect to the original. With every film there will be some cons ..kinda agree with the explosion, but really..no big deal. It was enjoyable ..the little twists were entertaining enough to keep the basic storyline going. Hey we got to see a battle with two preds..c'mon ..that's great! Loved the ending ..way to keep the franchise going ..this movie could be a set up for many good things to come ...finally a way for the human characters to set up a bit of Predator lore. AND ..Adrian Brody rocked his part!

Con's:
-LF a bit overweight. Not to pick on the man, but I remember when they announced he was cast in the movie....which was already in production. Meaning he had little time to prepare for his role in terms of physically (compare this to Adrien's 6pack).
-Someone pointed out this earlier in their review but I thought exactly the same thing. The cat and mouse game between the super pred and Royce at the end...the scene looked too much like a set to me.
-I thought the fight scene between the Yakuza member and the predator was too clunky. Too much of a guy in a suit look to it.

Pro's:
-Predator's psychological warfare techniques - from Danny T's character "suffering", LF going crazy, skulls, trophies, monuments everywhere..., P1 hanging up...it really gave the preddators a bit more than just a monster killing people off one by one, a bit more hellish I would say.

*The duality that human and predators served towards the title of the film. It was cool to see how our antagonist's view of a dog eat dog world. I liked hearing Danny T and the African soldier talk about the horrible things they did to other people. The line about we are monster's of our world being hunted by Monsters describes what I'm trying to say. Who really are the Predators?

-The ending. Royce sacrifices his ultimate goal of getting off the planet which in actuality saves his life and saves the girl. Interestingly, for a man who you could ask what "home" would he be returning too anyways? Simple but effective.

A good one for character development; but one of my favorite scenes is when the Yakuza guy took off his shoes...as if he was entering someone house (The Jungle).

No bother, people will no doubt write reviews anyway, but a Mark out of 10 is a great idea. Merging when my phone behaves.

so, went to see it directly after work and i loved it. really challenges to rival the first movie. Not in the sense of typical 80's action flick with a badassed creature but it had its own little flair to it. I do think that the best way to get the ultimate predator movie would be to have ONE main predator. However, this movie pulled off the three pred thing quite well. Would have rather focused on one pred though. Overall, i really liked this and will be seeing it again before it leaves theaters.

Two things that really got to me (two main things anyway) was the Original vs Rogue pred fight was a bit of a let down. I was expecting them to level that entire camp and have an epic fight but it just kind of fizzled. I understand that Rodriguez wanted to get the point across that these new preds are more dangerous etc than the original but the fight was a little lame. Again this was a first impression, maybe i'll sing a different tune later. But all it ended up being was a few tackles, a few punches thrown and a whole lot of rolling around in the mud. Would have loved it had they squared off, took off all weaponry and then the bio, and just went at it. But sadly no.

Second thing is the scene where Royce copies the original scene and lines from the first movie "kill me, i'm here. Cmon do it now, kill me!" and all that while wearing the mud. it didn't sound or feel natural and i kind of cringed when i witnessed that.

As said above, they made the new preds out to be absolute monsters, the size difference between human and pred wasn't that noticeable and the size difference between the new ones and the original was almost non existent.

All in all, very pleased with it and is a worthy edition to this franchise.

also another thing

I liked how the characters in the film (that survived the initial onslaught) and aside from Topher Grace who is on a world of his own - - - did humanistic things that revealed some spark of human compassion that they had left , no matter their background.

Kicked ass! I herby name(and in the fan world have earned the right) the Predator that fights the asian guy "Louver" as in window Louvers. When you see his Bio you will see what I'm talking about. Lets talk about the new movie I loved it THANK YOU R.R!

Very well done, it harkened back a bit to the original. I still have a little trouble with a human defeating a predator one on one. However, it was done in a believable way. Much, MUCH better than the last two. Mr. Black was nasty, the way a predator should be. I hope Rodriguez does another one. Pick it up where this one left off. Poor Derek, lost his head I'll have to talk to him about that.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back