DM here or Instagram. Etsy I’ll probably put them up there soon. $20 via PayPal F&F or $30 off Etsy.

Best place to reach me though is Instagram @beyourownscoundrel

Don’t have my notifications set for most my social media but I do check instagram pretty regularly

This is pretty cool. I've got some questions regarding options though. Would I be able to get it with the windvane sleeve printed black, instead of brass, and the emitter all silver, instead of the black section by the neck? Also, while the plaque and stand look fine, I really don't need them. Not asking for a discount though. $65 is a fair price for just the saber.

Tan Djarka ya that’s totally. Simply because I’m still not fully familiar with the names of all these individual parts I’ve included pictures here to help clearly what ur asking about if that’s ok.

The Windvane sleeve.. that’s the part with the writing on it correct? If so I can also do it with or without the writing for what it’s worth. I can also raise the writing so it less pronounced as well (so its very faint and “wearing off)”. As far as the neck would you like that how I have it or as one solid color.
IMG_4003.jpeg

For the emitter that I can also do that for ya if ur truly interested. What I did was print the inside of the RR balance pipe in two colors. A grey and back. But for the outside balance pipe I did it all silver. It’s gray in this photo but it’s silver on the final print - it’s technically a silver silk PLA for what it’s worth. I can do all these parts silver if that works.
IMG_4002.jpeg

This photo is how I have all these parts presently printed and assembled. I wouldn’t use black but an iron grey metallic PLA. That’s the color you see on the booster and grenade. I didnt use any black on this saber actually. It’s all the iron grey. I assume that’s what u ment by black.. I only ask because I do have black if not.
IMG_4004.jpeg

Lastly for the stand I can make one clean so it won’t have the plaque or the holes that hold the plaque. If you don’t want it simply toss it. My feeling won’t be hurt. But it works pretty good I think. It’s small, clean and simple. But again no hard feeling if you don’t like it.

Honestly I don’t think anyone really knows. Not even sure it was ever even on the prop itself to begin with. It’s one of those things where people included it when rebuilding it because it’s simply a cleaner look. The Tunisia saber doesn’t have that cap I don’t believe and if it doesn’t have it there’s a good change none of the versions actually had it. Makes sense to leave it off as the writing is obviously in english and that wouldn’t be very appropriate for a galaxy far, far away… ?
We just don’t have very good public reference of this, Sadly.

on my own builds I just built what I saw in all the reference I’ve seen. I did not include an endcap in my build. I also chrome taped the clamp and I mean to do it on my ANH graflex too.

Yes, that's what I meant by the windvane sleeve. And no writing at all would be best. Also, iron grey is fine. I just thought it looked black, but what do I know?

Finally, the stand... I literally have a box of 30 custom made stands. I don't need any more, however good they may be.

thd9791 ya that’s what I figured as far as references go. Same for pretty much all these OT props I would image. Some more so than others obviously but we are almost 50 years in now. If it’s hasn’t shown by now it’s probably not a good idea for anyone to hold their breath. In this pic (Tunisia Saber) though it certainly looks like it’s missing..
IMG_3477.jpeg

This is super impressive for a printed version of this hilt. I really didn’t expect it to be possible to make a printed version of this hilt that is so visually appeaing. I really need some sort of 3d printer just to play. But everytime I start looking into it I keep escalating to nicer and nicer printers. I so wish I could just afford an sls machine even tho I’ve seen plenty of finished pla prints that look indistinguishable or even better. I just don’t have the confidence to finish one well yet.

Top priority for now is getting an airbrush and getting some experience with it doing gundam models. But totally bookmarking this as I will cave eventually. And my friends father in law who retired from boeing does have a fancy sls that I could get access to, just a bit of a drive lol. /someday.

amnesia0287 i kind of felt everything you just said. Maybe I can help guide you a little bit here. I’ve been printing and paint my parts of close to 9 years now. Until about two months ago I’ve never really used an FDM printer. Never thought that highly of them. I did have one about 5 years ago which cost well over 1k at the time so it wasn’t a “cheap” printer but returned it two weeks later. I fully understand there’s a learning curve but from my experience I never liked the prints it produced. The print lines were very noticeable. Mind you i was coming from SLS prints so my bar was very high. PLA is also not in the same class as SLS prints either. Not even close so I simple went back to outsourcing SLS prints. Eventually upgraded to MJF when that technology came out. I build people blasters on occasion and the last thing I want is for them to break. But I’ve always keep an eye on FDM prints. Went to a convention about a year ago and saw some new FDM printers that blew my mind. The prints looked like they were casted from molds. Crazy. Still though I was waiting for that “plug and play” printer to come along.. and it has.

Save your pennies and treat yourself to a Bambu labs printer. I don’t think it really matters which one you get. I have the P1S and yes there a learning curve but it’s pretty short if you have any interest. This printer I have is amazing. The downside is the prints are a little fragile being an FDM print. If you get the X1C you can print in carbon fiber which should increase that strength quite a bit but the X1C is pretty expensive and so is that filament.

Long story short. Get a Bambu labs. These were test prints I did a little while ago. These are straight off the printer and simply assembled. I’m still working on improving the print quality even more. It’s really impressive..
IMG_4067.jpeg
IMG_4069.jpeg
IMG_4070.jpeg
IMG_4071.jpeg

As for airbrushes I just got into that this summer as well. Get the compressor kit from Harbor Freights. It has everything you need to get off the ground. The compressor itself works really well and has a nice clip attachment..

You can use the airbrush that came with it as it’s ok. I got myself a Harder & Steenbeck airbrush which is suppose to be top of line. It is really nice but honestly save yourself some money and get this airbrush..

I got one myself cause the needle in the Harbor Freights one got bent (and you’ll probably want to upgrade quickly anyways). Wanted a 2nd airbrush cause I was afraid of ruining my HS. But this Gaahleri airbrush is amazing for my needs. I liked it so much I honestly got a 2nd one. Don’t even use my HS really at all. I don’t think I’m ready for it anyways. The airflow, the control.. it’s all there. It’s also only $45 compared to a $200 top of the line airbrush. I painted this blaster with it. This is a MJF print by the way not a BL FDM print..
IMG_4072.jpeg

If you ever want a saber let me know but honestly I’d save up for that BL printer. It’s a game changer. Good luck to ya and enjoy the process!

Haven't forgotten about this. Just deciding exactly what I want. BTW, I don't have a Paypal account or buy anything online. Would you accept a money order, or is that a deal breaker?

Haven't forgotten about this. Just deciding exactly what I want. BTW, I don't have a Paypal account or buy anything online. Would you accept a money order, or is that a deal breaker?

Honestly I’d rather keep things simple. PayPal or venmo.. they are pretty easy, safe and harmless to set up.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back