With blade, lit...

111.jpg

Without blade, open...

Vids -
slothfurnace.com presents - Obi Wan Kenobi Epic Reveal part 4 - YouTube

slothfurnace.com presents - Obi Wan Kenobi Epic Reveal part 1 - YouTube

slothfurnace.com presents - Obi Wan Kenobi Epic Reveal part 2 - YouTube

Build log - http://www.slothfurnace.com/sabers/ANHObiReveal_08.html

I also have all of this stuff. Not pictured is: 6 grenades, 2 more clamps, 2 more boosters and 2 more handwheels (all in another parts box).

131263936-vi.jpg

Here's a little more of my 'secret stash' of parts. One of these days I really need to do some build-ups.

342347824-vi.jpg

34243978560-vi.jpg

07229839344-vi.jpg

I also have a collection of real bubble strips pulled from vintage calculators, 3 are 9 bubble that will fit a clamp and one oversized one.

022370832-vi.jpg

I do have another box of parts, a super-secret box, but that one stays in the vault.

Are those grenades from a mold?! Awesome collection :) Im starting my own, already have a few resin parts, and then metal/real versions..(a rylo grenade and a real plastic handwheel)

Now that is one impressive sight, James Kenobi. I never imagined a collection of unassembled parts could look so impressive.

I finished the first version of my blade-ready emitter,for a parks mk3 of a friend.

dsc06829.jpg

dsc06816.jpg

dsc06824.jpg

The next emitter ,for my own lightsaber,will be a little bit more complicated.
No visible blade lock.
Scifi technology,alittle bit like the efx Luke rotj.
Removable emitter inside the balance pipe,hosting technology.
I am planning to make a luxeon version as a static,with a blade plug.
And a led chain in a removable blade.
I will have to create some special connectics,to have unvisible wires or electronics.

I don t want any visible electronics,wire,battery,or any actual technology when saber will be dissassembled,except the soundboard,because it´s impossible to hide it...

Last edited:
Patrice, none of your images are showing up in my browser (Firefox). I believe you need to edit off the section of your image links prior to the "i36" section for them to work.

Sorry.
I am posting with phone.
It makes more than a month since I have not interned,it´s really ennoying....

Please try this link,it´s parks lightsaber owners topic on our french forum"la forge du sabre laser"

MK3 de chez Park's Saber - Page 6

If a administrator could edit the photos,would b great!

Haven't posted in an obi thread long time, but these two are all that's left of my saber collection. Both Roman's, both idealized to reflect my own artistic nuance. Both feature Gavidoc pommels because I liked the sharpness of the cubes; the AFBB has a chrome clamp, emitter and un-drilled/D-ringless pommel since it has a covertec knob, as well as metal circuit board. Used copperleaf to highlight the stem and transistor,reminiscent of the episode 3 saber. Also, a few extra coats of paint on the grenade so that it looked "padded" as opposed to the worn down look on the weathered saber. Used copper leaf on the weathered version as well although, as previously mentioned, weathered it so that both sabers match and reflect a slight amount of modification over time.

011gr.jpg

012gy.jpg

008hky.jpg

Believe it or not, my original thread still exists. You can see it here and the changes I made over the years to the set.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/showoff-my-idealized-roman-saber-s-1692/

Last edited:
Thanks. Uploaded new pics since I wasn't fond of the previous ones.

Why hybrids- in the event anyone was wondering? I just thought George could have done a better job tying the two sabers together than he did.

Why hybrids- in the event anyone was wondering? I just thought George could have done a better job tying the two sabers together than he did.

They say he had to, otherwise he have wouldn't exclusive rights to the Obi ROTS design. Besides, nobody would ever buy a shiny cleaned up "replica" of the Obi ANH, since it wasn't in any of the films...:lol

Sadly I don't have any Obi-Wan sabers at all yet. :cry

You must learn patience . . . Sorry I could not resist :behave
meanwhile it took me to be well into my 40's to finally have an Obi-Wan ANH albeit made by Parks ...
I'll be probably halfway into my 50's when I get my hands on an all real parts Obi-Wan ANH (only need
the emitter and a nice-scruffy-looking and accurate type of the No.3MkI grenade)

-Chaim

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back