Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

If you want,I will sell my russ replica pommel,I have made another from true brass,and it will come back from plating....
I have all measurments,and I'm sure I won't use the russ one,because Im' doing room inside the saber!

fully made from brass,I am right?

No idea, sorry.

I only have the plastic AS version.

ANH-ObiWanLightsaber009.jpg

verschiedenes008.jpg

ANH-ObiWanLightsaber011.jpg

ANH-ObiWanLightsaber038.jpg

ANH-ObiWanLightsaber016-1.jpg

Here's my vintage handwheel, the same kind as used on screen and it consists mostly of chromed plastic (the outside cubes) and some metal bits on the inside :

ASHandwheel06.jpg~original

The biggest difference with the modern version like Lichtbringer's is that it can be screwed apart in 4 chromed parts and the blue ring :D

-Chaim

Last edited:
absolutely not funny to know it's plastic.....
I have the same as lichtbringer too.
My final pommel will be entirely brass,but nickel plated(chemical ni plating was free,electro chrome plating was 200 bucks...),so if the color is not matching I will make another one from cr-rich,nickel-free stainless steel to have a good chrome color.

In fact, I WILL make another version from stainless steel,because I need some new change inside...and maybe I will make the "reverse" version from well known phot,even I prefer the Tunisia screenshot version,but I'm absolutely not sure about it,because this version from photos is so ugly....

Here are my Obi ANH´s...

Still have an unmodified Parks, a Parks based AFBB and a TPM Obi.

The tunisia is mostly Russ´parts with real Graflex clamp and a real vintage pommel (missing the cap, that´s why it went on the tunisia for now ;))

The ANH hero features a real grenade, clamp and bubble strip, rest are Russ´parts.

I consider BOTH of the WIP´s ;)

obiANH-2.jpg

Markus

Hello,

I would try to replicate vintage AS cap,and I would need some informations,so if someone could be very kind to give them!

I would need 3 big photos of the item,if possible on a black or white background:

-One picture on front
-One picture of rear
-One picture of profile

Then I would need measurements of the cap:

-diameter without blue rim
-thickness of cap
-diameter of "8 feets" round
-height of "8 feets" round

For the curvature,I will try to see it on picture of profile.

But what I will especially need is about the central "C",or "H" and the "armitage shanks" letters...

About "C" I would need diameter,thickness and depth of letter.
or...
Height and lengh if not round...

About "armitage" I would need:
the height of small(a-r-m-i-e) letters,medium letters(g) ,and tall letters (t)
-the lengh of entire word

About "shanks" same question:lengh of entire word

About both,distance between the two words,thickness and depth.

Of course,if only a few good pics and main diameter I can try,I would be happy with it...

If it can work,I think it would be possible to make a stainless steel replica.
I can turn them,then make engraving with CNC machining,and then hand polish,polishing is my job...
Depending on time and work,would be possible to make a run,but....
I don't know for the moment,I hope!
I have many ideas,but money is missing...

I have the Icons Obi Saber.... I don't think it's the worst one ever made... I kinda like it! I am planning on weathering it, though.

:unsure

Hmm, I just noticed something. Lichtbringer, your bubble strip has nine bubbles, but isn't the infamous cut-off Parks version. Is that from a vintage calculator? I happened to find a similar one years ago.

Only exactre 19 and 20 have the 6 digit display,and only 7 bubbles on magnifier.

Not to sound like a wiseacre, but I knew that. I was just wondering whether Lichtbringer's bubble strip came from an actual calculator, or some other "aftermarket" source. But thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I purchased an AFBB and Weathered Obi-wan from a member here a while back. They are Roman Empire's last parts run with Stormpath transistors and Rebelscum bubbles.

26509d54.jpg

Got the grenade, transistors and booster part from Russ a few days ago! Now I'm waiting to get the pommel from him so my set will be completed, chroming isn't done yet.
Unfortunately Russ sent me an unfinished booster.. any advice how I can get it black? Birchwood Aluminium black? Black paint? Any suggestions?

obi_anh.jpg

Grüße
Andreas :)

Hmm... This thread seems to be stagnating again, in spite of a few new(ish) build threads, including a hardware version that's quite good. Anyone else?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back