NX-09 Defiant

Burke

Just a quick build I did with a PL 1/1000 NX-01. I love the NX era and a lot of the ships. I wanted to make something unique and battle worthy of the Romulan war. So I figured if a ship was almost destroyed Starfleet probably would have salvaged what they could at the time.
Heres a quick little made up story:
NX-09 Defiant: Was extremely damaged in a battle with the Romulans at the begining of the Romulan War. With the War Effort in place, the Defiant was chopped down, removing all of her damaged saucer area. Cargo Rooms were converted to bunk houses for crew. Extra support pilons were put in place and the nacelle location was changed to increase structural integrity. The warp govenor was also moved due to the nacelle change. Two experimental photon torpedo launchers were linked structuraly to her main hull.

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0839.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

I quite like the ideas behind that and how it links back the Defiant concept of DS9 to what could be a reasonable ancestor in the Enterprise era...well done, BRAVO!

I have to agree with Onli Won, fantastic job creating a fitting history and the model itself is very well done... that is what modeling is all about.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back