Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Anyone try Rustoleum Neverwet?

It repelled water and ketchup on some monk's cloth I treated. I cut some threads and floated them in a cup of water. Floating for 4 days, looks perfectly dry.

I sprayed down some shoes with it yesterday. A pair of Reebok ZPumps and some KangaROOS. So I can see how it works in real world conditions.

Last edited:
That sounds cool MrSouthpaw. My V2s must have had something on them when they were new because I spilled a small bit on an Indian curry on them and it just wiped off.
I bet it stain now they are over 3 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds cool @MrSouthpaw. My V2s must have had something on them when they were new because I spilled a small bit on an Indian curry on them and it just wiped off.
I bet it stain now they are over 3 years old.

I had some tomato sauce do the same thing to my seafoam HC. But they stain now and are generally looking run down.

Any new shoes, including Mag reps, will definitely get sprayed with this stuff.

Never wet can leave a milky film on the shoes. It depends on the color of the shoes to see if it matters. You might try various degrees of rubbing you treated shoes to see how well the never wet adheres. It is my understanding that all of the nanotechnology hydrophobic are derivatives of the same base particles, they may just be diluted to eliminate the fogging/milky residue.

IMG_7821.jpg

I wonder if this means power lace mag auction announcement will be tomorrow?

Flux in Japan makes KTY fly fishing products. One of their offerings for floatant (keeps your fly from absorbing water) uses Florine nanoparticles to accomplish its magic, and it is insanity. A tissue dipped in and briefly shaken-dry resists being poked under water.

https://youtu.be/VU3KKWB-Jbs

Got my V3's about a month ago, thought they were good enough to finally build up the courage to sell my RD's, was pretty bummed when the one shoe came broken. Wanted to thank WizardBTTF for the suggestion on how to fix the charge port. Kind of a sloppy cut job, but it glued back together fine.

IMAG5716.jpg

IMAG5719.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a huge deal, but one of the charging cables stopped working - so I have to charge my shoes one at a time. First world problems I guess.

Not a huge deal, but one of the charging cables stopped working - so I have to charge my shoes one at a time. First world problems I guess.

Here's my spare charger, since I couldn't find any dual tip chargers lol...not the best looking, but it works and is easy. A lot of ways to do it, this is just how I chose to.

Also...to BD0722 glad you got your port working. If anyone needs replacement ports I have a bunch of spares. Just pay for shipping and I'll send some.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 63
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back