Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Great spot! I totally agree that helps the "it's the lighting" argument. What still puzzles me though, is why would they change what they're doing? All the QC pics since the very beginning look to be taken on the same table in the same room with relatively the same lighting. And no one had a problem with the pics. It would be dumb for them to change their photographic methods or adjust the pictures to make them look worse. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Outside of applying a filter (which could have been related to different camera operators), I would think it more has to do with the time of day when the pictures were taken. There very well could be a window to the left of the table. So, they actually didn't change anything about how they do the photos, and yet there is a difference perceived.

totally a lighting issue . i dont see how the cardboard inserts would have yellowed as well. if you look close enough you can see they must have used some crappy software to brighten up the whole image without the consideration of hue and saturation and all that Jazz!

the card board inserts seem to have the same PEE PEE yellow colour! 100% lighting issue!
View attachment 668766

Why then are the whites so white on the tongue, strap and cuff. Wouldn't they be yellow if the yellow light was causing a bias?

ok, guess what movie... :/

attachment.php

Attachments

• Movie - KillBill-AirMag.jpg
    Movie - KillBill-AirMag.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 565
ive sseen ua air mags taken down from ebay
even after the seller stated they were not from the 2011 auctions
which is weird because ebay allows v2s to be sold

ive sseen ua air mags taken down from ebay
even after the seller stated they were not from the 2011 auctions
which is weird because ebay allows v2s to be sold

eBay is all over the map with takedowns. I have had a listing denied as "prohibited" when the exact same item (model, brand, everything) had more than 50 other listings; I am not being facetious in the slightest. I think it relies on A) being reported by an end user, and B) the whim of the eBay employee clearing the flagged listings.

Why then are the whites so white on the tongue, strap and cuff. Wouldn't they be yellow if the yellow light was causing a bias?

Well you can see that all the white parts are not the correct shade of white. they seem to also be alot brighter then they should be, all due to either some effect or natural daylight. the white parts would not go yellow like the sole as they are leather/ faux leather which does not discolour in the same way as rubber.

All of these customs could possibly be real if they released an all white version. @davidjones888, are you guys thinking about making an all white version?http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/white-weat-test-nike-mag-sample.jpg
This is an actual picture from Nike.

i remember these!! what i would do to get one of these 2011 prototypes!! :$

Well you can see that all the white parts are not the correct shade of white. they seem to also be alot brighter then they should be, all due to either some effect or natural daylight. the white parts would not go yellow like the sole as they are leather/ faux leather which does not discolour in the same way as rubber.

attachment.php

Daylight can be measured. Typically it is known as D6500K. A yellow light is cooler at around 3000K. Even if the whites on the strap are "brighter" due to either overexposure during image capture, the white of the cardboard should also show signs of this, yet they don't seem to.
Yellow lighting will make whites appear yellowish, not brighter white.

What we can see in this image is there was an external light source from the right hand side. Based on the shadows, Ii don't even think this is an open window, rather one of those hand held LED strip strip lights off to the side.

Based on what we know white to be in this image, these soles are yellow.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about a dbz pair, awesome! now do vegeta. also, I emailed you an idea. Let me know what you think.
Seconded! Would love to see a vegeta pair.
I was thinking about a Vegeta Pair too, but his shoes are just white with a yellow toe box. I'll check your message tonight ;)
I Think his son's boots are more interesting.

Could you do a Green power ranger moc up ?
:lol "in two weeks" :lol

...Kill bill vol.1?
:thumbsup

These are awesome. I'd even go so far as to make custom FU soles for these :)
"FU" ?

All of these customs could possibly be real if they released an all white version. @davidjones888,
are you guys thinking about making an all white version?
http://sneakerbardetroit.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/white-weat-test-nike-mag-sample.jpg
This is an actual picture from Nike.
This has been asked and I believe we got the generic "we will look into it" answer.
IxMAGICx1 is right... :/
But All of these could be made if you build your shoe too :D - And I might try one of these someday... :rolleyes

I'll do this one later ;)

I would buy an all white pair in a heartbeat.
I might separate myself from the pair I made (but the sole isn't white and no EL modifications)

I was thinking about a Vegeta Pair too, but his shoes are just white with a yellow toe box. I'll check your message tonight ;)
I Think his son's boots are more interesting.

here's some inspiration. At least the yellow clears would come in handy... :lol
id9si0ru1qjdwukvyu36.jpg

I would be interested to see the ankle bubbles isolated in a side by side sequence. Or, simply a side by side of one of the "yellow" pairs' ankle bubbles because the shoes on the right appear more "yellow".

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back