Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Great Scott! Where'd you get the hoverboard stand and the display for the mags?? this is awesome!

Thanks man!

the display is a hodgepodge of things I have accrued over time.

the holder for the board is an acrylic plate stand or picture stand, I use them to display some of my comics that are cgc graded etc.

the black stand is from a beats by dre display case I got when my work was done with it.

the top acrylic case in it is from another display from my work that was gonna get thrown away.

Thanks man!

the holder for the board is an acrylic plate stand or picture stand, I use them to display some of my comics that are cgc graded etc.

the black stand is from a beats by dre display case I got when my work was done with it.

the top acrylic case in it is from another display from my work that was gonna get thrown away.
thats so rad what size is the acrylic case? @Jedifyfe would you know where to look for a display like this? ive seen your room videos and you have plenty of displays i tried searching ebay but i really dont know what i should be searching lol

Last edited:
That case looks cool and all, but i'd like to see a bttf part 2 themed case, Nike seems to stick with part 1 plutonium cases (even though plutonium was replaced with Mr. Fusion and it was no longer needed in part 2 lol.)

That case looks cool and all, but i'd like to see a bttf part 2 themed case, Nike seems to stick with part 1 plutonium cases (even though plutonium was replaced with Mr. Fusion and it was no longer needed in part 2 lol.)

Which is why I don't get the big yellow box for the MAGs. They should have came in a black box with yellow NIKE FOOTWEAR on them. It would have been more fitting to their introduction in the 2nd film.

Is it just me or are others getting their message double posted?

Hi guys,

This is the condition I received the shoes from Joanna from Aliexpress, after 40 days of waiting, and a dipute opened.
I cannot be more upset. Pics talk for themselves. I'm saving major words for myself.

View attachment 461177View attachment 461178View attachment 461179

Hi guys,

After a dispute on Aliexpress, I kinda work it out with the seller. I guess ****** happens.

Now, is there anyone in the room who can fix the shoes? I don't know how and I know some of you are artists in this kind of things.
Or if you want to buy them as they are, we can talk about a reasonable price.
You can PM me or leave a comment here.

Thanks again for your support, guys!

Hey folks,

Finally going to be ordering my v2's but I had some issues with the checkout process on aliexpress.

Seems that upon check out I encounter an error with my credit card payment. Error mentioned an issue with the card information.
After a few attempts, I got a new error that mentioned my bank may not approve of this purchase.
Tried it for a few of the high rated vendors offering the v2.

Has anyone encountered errors with payment on Aliexpress?
Only thing I can think of is that my Bank will not allow purchasing from that website (blacklisted?) as it could be a risk for fraud activity.

Thoughts?

Hey Cobra,

When you got this from the site, did you pick 2 of the same colors (the light blue)? on the website it's asking me to pick two colors. Also did you have the take apart the sole and then treat it? or was it all done from the outside of the sole?

This is the setup I used:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/pjrenaud/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsxddrxkpp.jpg

Directions say 1 part sole bright, 1 part dye. I didn't want to get it dark blue so I did like half the dye.

Directions say 30-60 min on the sole, I put it on and seen how deep and thick it was on there and maybe waited 5-10 minutes and started spraying and brushing it off.

Cleaned it real good until nothing was coming off with soap and water, and wiped down with alcohol.

Finished product:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/pjrenaud/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsdrghpyng.jpg

I am extremely happy with the outcome. The sole color was my main issue with these, the opaque gum like color was so offsetting.

Next mod is the straps!

Hey Cobra,

When you got this from the site, did you have to pick 2 dye colors)? on the website it's asking me to pick two. Also did you have to unglue and take apart the sole and then treat it? or was it all done on the outside of the sole?

What did you use under the mags to prop them up at an angle? It's such an awesome set up.

Thanks man!

Which is why I don't get the big yellow box for the MAGs. They should have came in a black box with yellow NIKE FOOTWEAR on them. It would have been more fitting to their introduction in the 2nd film.

Just came across this article about the making of the MAGs. Looks like they went with a black box with yellow Nike Footwear branding early on (at least for the prototypes). From developer Tiffany Beers:

Early on, we basically had to just create packaging for this, knowing that they would probably change it. So, we had an all-black box that we used with just a very basic yellow “Nike Footwear” on it. That’s what we used internally until the majority of the packaging was finished up.

Box.jpg

If you haven't read the article yet, you can see it here: http://solecollector.com/news/the-hardest-sneaker-to-retro-the-nike-air-mag/

Box.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back