Hello all! I just got into prop making recently. I'm currently working on four Star Wars builds (a Westar-35 pistol, a Sith Trooper Blaster Rifle from RoS, and two "Westar-88" blasters--which look to have been based on the Lemat revolver).

I'm also about to start a Lemat build using a Denix replica and could definitely use a lot of advice on that! (I'm looking into bluing it, installing the 'cavalry' trigger guard, and a 'Navy' trigger--I have no idea if tehse will even fit. Then, I'm going to look into converting it to work for airsoft if I feel especially bored!)

Hello there. I got into prop making around a year and a half ago, with a cardboard Mandalorian helmet. Since then I've worked on 2 big projects: a fiberglass Captain America shield, which I finished last August, and a Spider-Man No Way Home suit, which I've now almost finished.
20210912_160057_HDR.jpg
20210913_183421_HDR.jpg
1.png

greetings from england ,im steve ,60 year old lover of anything that stops you in your tracks when gazed upon, from what ive seen so far ,some talented people on here, wow,love it, hopefully my home builds are up to standard ,altho not usually dead accurate,still awesome things to keep in my garage......after 30 years of resto classic cars i got into using the scrap metal in the garden,then a dalek in 2006,arnie , .50 cal and minigun.....no onto darth vader, looking forward to jopining in this lovely group,cheers steve

Attachments

• IMG_20210115_191250497_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210115_191250497_HDR.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210110_080945409.jpg
    IMG_20210110_080945409.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20220615_082855932.jpg
    IMG_20220615_082855932.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20181217_173603.jpg
    IMG_20181217_173603.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 93
Hey all! I'm Grant from Indiana, been a hobbyist propmaker and cosplayer for 8 years or so and finally want to start getting involved with the community. Here are a few of my better pieces if anyone wants to see (I'm no professional photographer I admit haha).
The List 2.0.JPG
Percy's Guns.jpg
Percival de Rolo 3.jpg
Spire of Conflux.jpg
Time Bomb.JPG
Alchemist's Kit.JPG
Fenthras.JPG
The Map (Treasure Planet).JPG
Pike's Mace.jpg
Beau's Bo.JPG

I’m very thankful to have found and now be apart of this amazing community of talented artists, technicians, designers and tradespeople. After spending the better part of a year doom-skimming posts and threads for replica/ prop inspiration without contribution, I figured it was about time to move forward with my new projects. In a former career incarnation I was a jeweler so I’m looking forward to fabricating my metal replica components by hand. Former doesn’t always equate to current, so that will be fun (or funny!) We’ll see…

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms and Rules

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :)(y)

The RPF Staff
Hi
Im Frank

Recently retired so have plenty of time to indulge my interests, favourite film ever is Blade Runner.
Hence just upgraded my existing Elfin water pistol blaster by purchasing a secondhand OffWorld M2019 BRU version.
Hoping to get some information and help in modifying and upgrading.

Ive no modelling experience, but with my hobby of axe throwing have taught myself to Dremel carve handles, re handle repair/sharpen and customise axe heads. All learnt from YouTube Lol

Looking forward to expanding my skill set and learning more about BR blaster and associated world.

Cheers

Hey all! I'm Grant from Indiana, been a hobbyist propmaker and cosplayer for 8 years or so and finally want to start getting involved with the community. Here are a few of my better pieces if anyone wants to see (I'm no professional photographer I admit haha).
View attachment 1587967View attachment 1587965
View attachment 1587967View attachment 1587965View attachment 1587964View attachment 1587963View attachment 1587962View attachment 1587961View attachment 1587960View attachment 1587959View attachment 1587958View attachment 1587966

View attachment 1587964View attachment 1587963View attachment 1587962View attachment 1587961View attachment 1587960View attachment 1587959View attachment 1587958View attachment 1587966

nice looking gun-replicas! i look forward to your next project!

Hi
Im Frank

Recently retired so have plenty of time to indulge my interests, favourite film ever is Blade Runner.
Hence just upgraded my existing Elfin water pistol blaster by purchasing a secondhand OffWorld M2019 BRU version.
Hoping to get some information and help in modifying and upgrading.

Ive no modelling experience, but with my hobby of axe throwing have taught myself to Dremel carve handles, re handle repair/sharpen and customise axe heads. All learnt from YouTube Lol

Looking forward to expanding my skill set and learning more about BR blaster and associated world.

Cheers
oh baby, that Tomenosuke-Syoten Blaster is on my wish-list too! Jeez those are SO pricy, even as used kits anymore. The water gun mod sounds like a great way to get one’s feet wet. I see a lot of “upgrade” components that you could add for authenticity, e.g. grips, steel barrel, LED’s etc. Keep us posted on progress. Good luck and Replicants beware!

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I’ve been a special effects fan since seeing the original making of Star Wars special on TV as a kid. My father and I were into a local magic group (not the card game) and seeing that special just made me realize special effects were magic trick on film.

I spend years growing up reading books and watching videos on the stuff and making my own props. I usually focused on Halloween decorations/costumes. Went to a few costume contests over the years and won a few prizes.

Got my degree in Radio-TV-Film but didn’t end up in that field (life has other plans as they say). I got into 3D computer graphics. Worked in that field for a few years and then taught it for several years at a local community college.

Decorating for Halloween has been something I’ve done for years (love giving the kids in the neighborhood something to remember). Won scariest house in the neighborhood the last time they had the contest.

I recently finished my Blade Runner prop of Deckard’s Blaster. I’ve enjoyed learning a lot from posts on the RPF and want to say thanks for all the helpful posts on here.
B6F23E6B-428C-49F9-870D-419942A4DE59.jpeg141D58F7-757A-4210-B38E-1E461658C814.jpeg8C61D0F2-6985-471C-9DC4-14E27F80E826.jpeg83AD6E8D-3856-4CAD-911F-0B92C1D7A35F.jpegA5E08626-3E78-4199-B240-672209810A98.jpegF9CDCFEC-C557-45BE-9102-19BACF310ACC.jpegBF09A195-6EE6-4606-89A1-60E602EA9391.jpegB4E3B552-3F4A-4434-A814-47014E724D6C.jpeg2A4DE62F-7C76-4BC7-99C8-10FA832E9AD9.jpeg09AD23FB-1326-456A-931A-522E5368CBE5.jpeg6C67ED27-C611-4B88-87ED-45E682A7B33C.jpeg71E549C4-BA4A-47E8-B433-1F73486073AD.jpeg

Hello everyone. A big MCU/Sci-fi fan here. After watching a lot of series and movies I have recently gotten into collecting and making props. Primarily Marvel, X-Files and Stargate. Probably more in future or at least as far as my girlfriend will allow me to go. I have a busy office job so collecting and creating props is a nice way to get away from it all and to clear my head. I have been browsing these forums for the past few evenings and I am very impressed by some of the designs and props. I am looking forward to posting my own designs here in the future. So far happy to joining the prop maker community and all the best to you all. Cheers, Berend

¡Hola a todos! Mi nombre es Isidoro, soy de Canarias... en España. Soy una enamorada del cine, la música y los videojuegos... Me encanta recordar los años 80 y estoy recreando una habitación con todo lo de esa época.

hello all, new member as of like 30 minutes ago...I live west of Seattle WA out in the woods and am an isolated maker of sorts. I have a Blade Runner Decker 3D decker gun in pieces that I haven't even begun to assemble...I am more interested in props than costumes but its all good. I will be looking around trying to learn as much as I can. I like both Star Wars AND Star Trek, most Sci-Fi in general.

Chris

Hi, all! Just joined the forum today.
I'm mostly interested in Blade Runner related stuff.
Here are some examples of latest stuff.

52193397262_686411b7d7_k.jpg
AFTER#10 by T K, on Flickr

52194407891_d5c9f7d325_k.jpg
AFTER#7 by T K, on Flickr

Terminator2 Winchester 1887 RUBBER BAND GUN Spin Cock

Blade Runner Origami

I'm (usually) more into something I can play with, rather than something just for display.
(Two blasters in the photos are water guns, Winchester is rubber band gun.)

I'm in San Francisco Bay Area, BTW.

Hello folks, I thought it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Robin and I am from Belfast, Northern Ireland. Also a long time lurker. I have always had a passion for creating things.

My favourite builds is my T-800 arm, Hell boys Samaritan and a Fallout mini nuke. These are all 3d printed. Lately I wanted to create something that was going to be a challenge and have set my sights on the VX Gas canister from "The Rock". I have reached out to TheKaiser and will also to Nitrox as both their builds are absolutely stunning!

So please be patient with me as I venture into new territory and pester you all will questions

Robin

Hi everybody, I am Markus from Germany. I have been interested in props and movie-making ever since watching the first Star Wars movie as a child. Two years ago, with the beginning of that godawful pandemic, I found I needed a project to keep me occupied during the lockdown and decided to make a Mandalorian beskar outfit. One thing led to another, I got myself a 3d printer and am now able to combine my love for model-making and movie-props (currently in the works are the Blade Runner blaster and the District 9 assault rifle, a behemoth of a print).

On top of that, I invented the "Mandoputer budget version" which became successful beyond my wildest dreams, and I am currently trying to expand the idea into other franchises. So far, I offer the Mandalorian wrist computer (plus custom designs for Heavy Infantry Mandos), the Boba Fett chest display and I am currently working on an ALIENS motion tracker, a Predator self-destruct countdown display and a Star Trek tricorder. If you have other ideas/needs - let me know! If you want to see how my little gimmick works, I'd be happy if you visited my page on Facebook (I am also on Etsy): The Mandoputer - Budget Version

Cheers,
Markus

Hi all!

Just making my first post here but my current project (started last July) is still in progress, quite a bit to this one. It's based on fanart of Gordon Freeman's HEV Suit from Half-Life. My WIP is typically on Insta, @iamkylekatarn

naky-solanki-005ab.jpeg
IMG_7103.JPEG

IMG_5155.JPEG
IMG_7030.JPG

IMG_7259.JPEG
IMG_7166.PNG

All the best!
James

Hello to you all!
I have been here for some weeks and I am trully amazed about how members make loads of things related to everything I can think of.
I have no modelling experience but seeing other's work just relax me.
Looking forward to expan my skills set and learn more about handmade projects as well as starting to make my own.
Cheers!
Bubble

Hello !

I have been working on custom computer projects for some time but have recently fallen in love more and more with prop making and cosplay. I’ve started to integrate props from video games and foam into most of my computer builds, most recently doing the Archangle revolver from cyberpunk 2077 and now the M6H Magnum from Halo , I’ll post a couple of pictures.

I learned of this forum from Adam Savage and his book every tools a hammer, which I loved and have been a big fan of Tested for some time.

thanks for having me !

4AE227A1-76C3-4125-AD2A-295EA477DDF0.jpeg

A33FC82F-E749-442B-A371-380F82FFCE61.jpeg

25F50C14-A9D9-4743-8182-5782774D7C5E.jpeg

Hello all,

My name is Austin. I am inching my way into making prop replicas and will be documenting the process on YouTube. My goal is to make screen accurate replicas from movies like The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, as well as from some of my favorite TV shows and video games. I've recently been working primarily with leather and wood, but I'm about to expand into EVA foam and hope to eventually venture into metal and machining.

I'm planning my first prop replica project to be a Morgul Blade from LOTR. It seems like a relatively simple first sword replica to make, and will help acquaint me with either EVA foam or woodworking, whichever I decide to implement.

Looking forward to documenting my processes and absorbing knowledge from other members on the RPF!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back