Hi. I'm Robert. I draw comics, and in those rare times I'm not chasing a deadline, I build model kits, prop kits, scratch builts, and kitbashes. Joined a while ago, but have mostly lurked.

Howdy, I'm Michael, I'm a Star Wars Droid builder part of the R2D2 builders club, BB-8 Builders Club and Minnesota Force. I made this accout long ago... I figured it would be time for me to make an actual Introduction post. I build models, 3d print, CNC Route, and laser cut various things, build models, cad design and so much more. I look forward to browsing the forms.

Hello all,

I have looked around this forum for years, apparently, haven't gotten around to joining until now. I have been prop and costume making for a few years, never seriously. I also have a 3D printer so that has been helping. I look forward to sharing all my future builds.

Hello all. Thought I’d try this Forum after getting thrown off Pinterest. Long story short, I was collecting movie stills on Pinterest to make an Indiana Jones ROTLA crate and get the insignia right. Obviously they thought I was some kind of neo-nazi.

Turned out great though. My boy loves it. Changed the swastika to TOYS and the German now reads “Property of the toy army”

Note. I know I haven’t put the metal pole brackets on yet.

Attachments

• 3BF9F056-45DD-4412-8EAA-092BDDDBDB5A.jpeg
    3BF9F056-45DD-4412-8EAA-092BDDDBDB5A.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 5F856489-71B3-434A-8A6F-F92A23988D72.jpeg
    5F856489-71B3-434A-8A6F-F92A23988D72.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 7532A3CC-506E-498C-BEE3-71EC03B93178.jpeg
    7532A3CC-506E-498C-BEE3-71EC03B93178.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 206
Hi everyone! I just discovered this place while searching for a way to alter a prop, and I couldn’t be happier. Thanks for letting me join you. I’m looking forward to learning so much from you all, and hopefully sharing something I’ve learned or discovered on my own.

I got interested in propmaking as a way to get the perfect decor and objects for the huge Halloween party my husband and I have. I have learned the basics of book binding, and I’ve made a couple of replica old books (e.g. Daemonologie, first published in 1597).

I’m going to start looking through all the info here, but if someone can point me in the right direction, it would really help. I want to hide/cover/obliterate/disguise the “Made in China” stamp on a blade. Is there a preferred method of doing this? I was thinking of soldering over it and then sanding and buffing, but I don’t want to screw it up.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting many of you!

Erin a.k.a. BikerPuppy

hey guys,
my name is Jimmy and I really like Star trek, Stargate, doctor who and star wars.This transitioned into seeing props on screen and really, really wanting them :) I live in new Zealand and I am still in high school i love seeing the detail put into the accuracy of props. RPF is one of the best resources around so thank you for letting me into the family.

Seeya around!

Hi all,

Long time lurker, and just finally joined the forums with an account. My prop builds are mostly tiny, and admittedly not that great, but I am always trying to get better. To date I've mostly done small video game props, representing video game props in miniature form. Most notably, a themed set of "pickups" from various games.

Most recently, I've been working on my first scratch-built "screen match" prop, which has been an exciting process. I finally have all my parts and have been documenting the process with pictures and notes along the way. I hope to share the details and final results here on RPF.

Looking forward to engaging more with the RPF community and exchanging ideas on builds and techniques :)

New guy here. My real hobby is actually collecting military antiques, but I have acquired a couple of replica WWII pistols that I would like to cast to have multiple copies for use in holsters/mannequins/etc. As I'm sure some of you know, good metal replicas cost well over $100 a pop. I might graduate to replica WWII grenades if I figure this out.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions

Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff
Hi I'm Petertiger and should have done this when I first joined I'm an amateur prop maker who only makes for my personal collection,however I'm always willing to share my props and have done so a number of times,would also like to say a big thank you to the rpf for a fantastic site and it's members as I've received help when I've needed it my favourite movies are Indiana Jones all of,The Ninth Gate,and horror and sci-fi movies and have to say The Wizard of Oz,also love most classic tv shows from the 80's Pete.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone :)

Like most of you, I have a passion for replica props and costumes and have been making for about 2 years now and hope to make it my career one day and I hope that while I am here on this forum I can absorb the vast knowledge that is stored here and also possibly make some friend that share the same passion as I do.

I hope to see you all out there

THANK YOU!!!!! :)

Howdy! My name is Laura and I am very excited to be a new member here and to see all of the creative projects people have created. I’m currently putting together a Harry Potter themed party for my daughters birthday but we have a Harry Potter Party every year at least once a year. I’d love links for Hogwarts printable portraits and books or really any and all of the printables.

Hello.

I've been looking at things here for a bit so I thought I'd sign up. I have a ton of interests and do a ton of things (master of none): computer controlled Christmas lights, Halloween animated props, wood working, 3D printing, and more. I'm just a big kid I guess. As a huge fan of Science and Science Fiction I had just built the PADD from Star Trek Enterprise (www-thingiverse-com/thing:3871869) to see if I could do it and then decided I needed to build the Electronic Clipboard from Star Trek TOS. I found a PDF here that gave me the dimensions (big thank you to Jlewis!) so I made it [from wood not 3D] for a birthday present [yes the lights do work] and thought I would let you take a peek at my version as my way of thanking everyone here who shares.
20190917_215701.jpg20190917_215737.jpg20190917_215801.jpg20190825_105153.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back