Hi there, I'm looking to build a Star Trek Enterprise Scanner
Hello,
I'm a Trek fan from the original TV series days, it was my favorite in prime time.
Maybe I can help, explain what a scanner is I'm not familiar with that terminology or item.

Update...is that a tricorder your wanting to build?
~Stan

Last edited:
Hi! New member to the forum, although I’ve known about it and been reading posts as a guest for years. I finally decided to get a bit more involved, inspired by a desire to make replications of various glassware, bottles, and drinkware from The Expanse, as well as other sci-fi genre movies and shows. Not sure why my interest is specifically focused on those, other than that I collect mugs, glasses, and glassware that haven’t been used on screen as well, so this is a good way to combine my love of sci-fi, props, and design, with a collecting mentality that I also already have outside of media fandom. I think I also like that glasses, bottles, and containers have a highly utilitarian purpose, along with their link to the entertainment I love. I love the notion that I can sip scotch from the same glass as Deckard while I watch him sipping it on screen.

I have several screen-used props, including a bomb from the umbilicus in Warehouse 13, Bryan Cranston’s glass and juice-shot from P. K. Dick’s Electric Dreams, and some food items from The Expanse.

As for found or replica props, I have two Arnolfo di Cambrio Cibi Double Old Fashioned Glasses (Blade Runner); an Anchor Hocking blue-ringed shot glass (Blade Runner); two bottles of Johnnie Walker The Director’s Cut (Blade Runner 2049); two Nolan glasses (Altered Carbon), and the Emsa City Cup, a set of Bormioli Rocco Cassiopea Rocks Glasses, and I’m working on tracking down and modifying various other glasses and bottles from The Expanse, with the very kind help of some veteran members of The RPF.

I’m sure I’ll keep being active here and work more on collecting and re-creating stuff both with the help of members and on my own! It’s awesome to be here!

Hello everybody.:)
My name is Radu and I like to make things. :)
I have a little workshop and an on-line store, where I sale my work.
I'm a big fan of Predator series ( I also made some predator helmets and other predator stuff) and I'm fascinated by the Spear of Destiny.
That was my last project, after some research work. I will put some pictures on thread.
Salut!
I would like you to make if possible your spear of Destiny
Regards
Joe

Hi all! I'm a great school student with a fondness for scifi and horror. I actually stumbled across this form while looking for references for Marko's jacket from The Lost Boys and have been completely sucked in by the sheer talent of everyone here.

Hey guys (M/F)

Im a leather crafter from denmark, currently working on armors from AC odyssey and Game of thrones, next project after this is the Feline gear from the Witcher 3

Hi All,
Found RPF while searching for armor designs and inspiration for an EVA armor build for a short film. Hoping to make a Nazgul costume (did the Adam Savage/Punished Props gauntlets and loved them).
Scale model-maker and designer by trade, been learning about costume and cosplay for a year or so.

-ZKL

Hell hay guys, my name is Max. I am young prop maker who has recently begun experiment ping with kitbashing. My favorite movies are Hellboy(2004), rain man, Wizards, and American Werewolf in London. I dream of working in the special effects industry and am glad I have pear to share ideas with.

Hello! Ive browsed this forum many times and have found a whole lot of inspiration from this awesome place. Figured it was about time I joined!

I am a special effects tech/ prop maker in the I.A.T.S.E film union and I have a passion for masks and prop weapons (mainly lightsabers) I had a really fun run working for marvel recently and am looking forward to working on more of their films in the near future! Heres some samples of my personal work and the stuff I can actually share with people now, (still waiting on end game to release to share more!) Ive got some personal lightsabers ive made in here and you may recognize some of the props from captain America, civil war, gaurdians of the galaxie 2 (who has some tape?!), spiderman homecoming and a few small things from infinity war... ill share my end game projects after its released!

IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0917.JPG IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0967.JPG IMG_1037.JPG IMG_1218.JPG IMG_1286.JPG IMG_1310.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1673.JPG IMG_1744.JPG IMG_1829.JPG IMG_1836.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1931.JPG IMG_1932.JPG IMG_1994.JPG IMG_2172.JPG IMG_2231.jpg IMG_2485.JPG IMG_2490.JPG IMG_2747.JPG IMG_2770.JPG IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3171.JPG IMG_4030.JPG IMG_5543.JPG

Hi All , I just start on this hobby, doon't know to much however I have some free time and love to do some stuff like this. Thanks for let me join the forum!

tenor.gif

hiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm a long-time occasional lurker who finally made an account recently to make contact with a member, and uh...I feel like an interloper here due to my glaring incapability as a creator, but I've just been a passionate Star Wars fan since I was 12 and I've been getting back in touch with my fandom as I've gotten older and, well, in need of more coping mechanisms. (I'll leave it at that for now.) I'm continually in awe at everyone's talent here, as well as the camaraderie involved.

I did used to troop in costume back in the day - about a decade and a half ago - and owned a few lightsaber and blaster props, thanks to the many skilled and gracious friends and friends of friends who were able to provide all the goods for me (and plenty of eBay trawling); I like to call myself the happy clothes hanger. Dumb as a box of rocks for making the stuff, but very enthusiastic about sporting it. The one thing I can say I made for myself was my ANH Leia belt, though I cheated and didn't use solid leather - being freshly dropped out of art school, I was used to painting on super-heavy-duty watercolor board, so that was my base beneath a thin white leather skin purchased from B&J Fabrics in NYC, and I still had my college tin snips, so I was able to cut my own aluminum flashing for the buckles. Pasted everything together with contact cement and slapped some snaps on the back and it surprisingly held up for years.

In what I call the Great Purge, I had to liquidate my entire SW collection - costumes, props, books, films, CDs, the whole enchilada - in order to move cross-country after some serious family and personal upheaval. We couldn't afford a U-Haul and whatever we were taking had to fit in the bed of a Ford Ranger pickup, so needless to say fandom stuff technically wasn't a priority. But it broke my heart. I thought that chapter of my life was over. Now I've been slowly turning back toward it over the past several years (I'd say since about 2013), trying to reclaim some of that old joy. I've been seriously considering resurrecting an old costume to give me something to look forward to, and...it sounds stupid, but to give me some hope in the bleakness. Maybe I'll talk about it sometime in the SW forum.

For now, my dream is to someday, somehow obtain a ROTJ Luke lightsaber - I'd frankly be happy with a Hero, V2, or anything in-between - married to a Neopixel blade. I'm not exactly in that income bracket yet, but darn it, I'm trying to get there. The yearning is strong with this one.

Just be warned, the fact that I still use the type emoji :3 un-ironically should tell you everything you need to know about me as a person.

Thanks, y'all.

Welcome to this sacred place. The great thing about the RPF is that the talent is endless and the people are great 99.9% of the time lol.
Here the talent ranges from noobs to masters. We are all equal here.
Knowledge is learned, skill is developed and passion is what you're born with.
Sounds like you've got passion.
Just pick a prop or costume, do the research and get started.
All the best to you in your journey.
Have fun doing it...

Hi All,

I'm Marc. Absolutely astounded at the fantastic talent here, love it! I'm about to embark on a couple of projects from 3D prints - Han Solo DL-44 Blaster, Dredd's Lawgiver and Deckard's Pistol so any hints and tips on prepping and painting would be great to hear.

Hey everyone I have just gotten into 3d printing and prop making in the past 6 months. Myself along with my good buddy run a podcast called NerdLegends Podcast that we did religiously for 2 years but this year life has gotten in the way and we haven't been able to record any new episodes. Along with the podcast I have been working on projects under my studio name GingerGeekStudios. We have done a couple things like film and produce a college scholarship application video and a really really corny movie parody we made almost 7 years ago. We are currently working on a new project and we are wanting to make it the absolute best as possible which got me into prop making and 3d printing. Which brings me here. I have browsed this forum a couple time thought it was time to become a member because of all the great things I have seen here. Hope I can contribute in some way.

Hello,
Just want to thank you for having me. I'm just a guy with 3d printers that likes to make cosplay stuff along with other props.

I look forward to going through all the builds and adding some new skills I learn from this forum and apply it to my own stuff.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back