Hi All,

I'm a digital sculptor working in the collectible industry.
Always search here first for any costume and prop details, love the forensic attention to detail.

cheers!

Hello,
I'm resurrecting an old project ... The Orca ...
In fact, I would like to build all of the boats represented in the Jaws movies. The one that has me stuck is the two masted Ketch, Neptune;s Folly
Anyway thank for the add; I will keep you posted on my efforts. I have many personal challenges to overcome..
CMT type 2N2; Like Muscular Dystrophy its a genetic and debilitating neuromuscular disease. I have no feeling in my hands or feet. I have excessive tremors in my hands. I am wheelchair bound this makes it nearly impossible to shop at my local hobby shop. Thank goodness for online shopping venue alternatives. Too bad for that guy; and goody for my wallet.

Wes

Hi, I'm a big Star Trek fan. Have been since I was very young.... and I'm not so young now! :) I bought a 3D printer last year and am about to set it up (I moved continent from Australia to USA), and have been looking around. I kept tripping over Renaissance_Man, and kept being sent here.... so thought I may as well join up.

Looking forward to the experience.

Siobhan

Hey Folks, I'm Stuart, I'm from Scotland UK and I'm a film and cosplay fan, I mainly cosplay in my Seymour and Audrey II puppet, but with my children now getting older and getting into a lot of Studio Ghibli movies, I'm looking to learn a bit more about prop making and techniques. Looks like a great place for learning!

22007980_1495283207223711_7803035251299058343_n.jpg

Hello everyone,

The name's armando15678 and I'm a stagehand by profession. Making props has always been a goal of mine and i'm looking forward to learning different techniques on how to go about it. Thanks!

Hi,

Just joined, i've been an avid builder and maker of things from when i was a kid. I built a full sized dalek and tardis from doctor who when i was about 12 and a replica of the ark of the covenant from raiders when i was fifteen. I started by building airfix models and have continued building my collection of tools and such. I'm looking to work in prop making or special effects now that i've finished uni so hopefully i can gain some knowledge and tips from here to help me!

cheers,
Oren

Hey all!
found this through some info about prop making and research. I'm looking to make a few things and start collecting a bit, so I'll be pretty active with some questions, and eventually with the things I learn along the way. looking forward to getting to know you all!
Ryan

Long time lurker, Finally joined!

I have dabbled in the cardboard cheap Halloween costumes for a long time.
Decided to up my game and start making the real fun and dive into EVA.
First project is just finishing up. MK1 War Machine. Lots of good advice on this forum. Thank you to all in advance!
I just created a thread involving painting and need advice if anyone has some on that thread that would be great. :)

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to this site, as in I've only known about it for a few hours now, but I can't wait to look around and get my bearings. I'm an avid cosplayer, mostly for Doctor Who, and have been trying to get into making things myself. Of course, I also look forward to being able to use the resources for finding props I can't make myself to buy on here. I saw this site mentioned in a guide for putting a new Missy together and was really excited! Wish I'd known this was here sooner.

Hi everyone. I'm in the uk, and big into comics and superheroes. I've wanted to try making a costume for a while, and stumbled upon TheRPF googling around for a good tutorial. I'm going to try https://www.therpf.com/f24/inexpensive-5-days-built-foam-iron-man-147915/, which seems super-ambitious, but I know as long as I let myself make mistakes and learn from them I should be able to do it. I've got a super-hero birthday party at the end of November, so 2 months to get a 5-day build right :)
I'm a total noob at this so expect to make a lot of mistakes!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi all, my name is Rob. I have been a professional programmer for about 25 years and am now getting into makeing physical works. Simple wood working, 3d printing and model building.
I greatly admire the craft, skill and dedication of model makers and cosplayers.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Kevatron400!
Your the newest member to post before my introduction, so I thought I'd say hello.
I'm stoked to be here. Hope you've got a good experience.

Do you have a particular costume in mind?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I am a newbie here on RPF and have just started to build my movie prop collection. I am not a prop builder but more of a collector. But I am starting to quickly realize that not all of the props that I want are always offered in a completed form and that I need to start learning how to do some of this stuff myself. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks! :)

Hi everyone. My name is Will and I am totally new to cosplay and costume making. I am coming to the site to do research for a Batman suit. I am looking for info and files to build the Arkham Knight Suit with foam. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello guys!
My name is Lívia, I live in Brazil and I'm an English teacher. We are organizing a Halloween party where I work and the theme this year is Harry Potter. I was looking for materials to DIY activities and decorations and found you! Congratulations, this is a really cool community! I'm very glad to be part of it :) I'll send you pics after Halloween.
Nice to meet you all.
Lívia.

Gday fellow prop builders.

My name is Matt and Im from the land down under. Been into making stuff my whole life and I remember when Ghostbusters first came out at the cinemas my replica Proton Pack consisted of a board of timber strapped to my back with a broom handle joined to it with a garden hose. How time files but still love building props. Thought I would say gday as many people have posted on this forum which have helped my current journey of 3D printing my scale Proton Pack replica. Feel free to say hello and ill be posting some photos of it shortly.

Cheers
Matt

Hello there,

new here been seeing and reading a lot in this forum and now I finally got the chance to make an account. so here I am.https://www.facebook.com/DarkProps/?view_public_for=940178919365257
been making replicas, props, cosplays and all that good stuff for about 3 years now. there's still a lot I got to learn but time makes the master.
a little info about myself beside experience, I'm from Puerto Rico, studying computer science and also a tutor as part time. here to learn and help so feel free to contact me for anyhelp.

Hi Everybody! Long time lurker, and now finally registered and official! I've been obsessed with props since I was a kid. My first builds were TOS phasers based off the Franz Joseph designs from the technical manual. I made them out of scrap wood from my Dad's workshop. Anyway...glad to be here and be inspired by all of your creations! Thanks!

Jody

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back