Hi, Dallas, TX cosplayers here. Been lurking for a while but I have big questions that need answering and can't find any answers, so I join here in the hopes that someone can lend me their knowledge. I try to do as many costumes as I can homemade, though I do buy from the store when I feel something is beyond my abilities. Right now I'm pushing way out of my comfort zone with some cool costumes, and I hope to get some help and be able to share here!

Hello everyone! My Name is Mario and I am an art student in Georgia. Ive been making costumes and props my whole life and finally have to oppurtunity to get into it the way I want to. Ive been reading posts from this site for years, so I hope that others can learn from me and I can keep learning from you all as well! I will have a prop showcase soon!

Hello! I was referred to this forum by someone on Facebook. Been browsing here for a while, and I'm blown away by the level of creativity and helpfulness of the community. Can't wait to see more from the users on here :)

My name is lyric. I don't know anything about this here but I have in the box a Star Trek 40th anniversary phaser pistol I would live to get rid of. The box is pretty beat up from being carried around. I'm going to see an antique dealer today and I'm sure I will get a crappy offer what would you suggest as for a price or how to do this?

Hi all,
new member here from Italy. Star Wars and Sci-fi fan, here to apprecciate your fantastic creations and to learn something.

Hello,

I am an artist/designer for a living, but on the side I like to make things, mostly original costumes, but I have some plans to work on some replica stuff too. I've looked at and learned things from some posts by talented folks here before, but am making an account now and am happy to join the community.

Hi Everyone,

I am a software programmer from South Africa. Always been interesting in model making and recently props and cosplay, but didn't really do anything yet, it's just always fascinated me. Figured I would join the community and maybe get some small projects started.

Hello

New member from Norway here. I'm new to costuming, and I'm about to make my first couple of costumes. Currently working on a Biker scout and a Storm commando from Star Wars. Mainly a lurker on most forums, but eager to learn, and looking forward to read up on the forums here :)

New member. Long time lurker. Big fan of all Sci-fi. Especially BR, BR2049, Aliens, Predator. Excited now that I've actually joined. Look forward to participating. Cheers!

Hey. New member, mostly, I used to have an account over 10 years ago. I tend to make both props and costumes :) currently working on Hela (MCU)

Hiya to all you extremely talented makers!

I first heard of the RPF from Adam Savage's tested videos and have been lurking around for some time now. I've been a huge fan of replica props and costumes ever since I was around thirteen when I created my first cardboard Vader Halloween costume. Looking back it was horrible but it was my first step into a much larger world of creative expression and the satisfaction of finished work.

I can't tell you how amazed I am at the level of talent I see here on the forums. It's SO inspiring!

Just wanted to introduce myself and share how much I love the support of this family!

Hi

I was fascinated by one of the props from the mindhunter tv show and that's why I decided to join this community.

Cheers!

Hi RPF!
Been lurking for a while, having re-engaged in the scale model building of my youth and now stepping up to prop fanaticism as well. Very impressed by the credentials and experience of this group and looking forward to learning a lot.

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to have started my account and try to become part of the community.

I've been making props and costumes for quite a while now. But now I'm almost done with my first full EVA foam armor build. I'm looking forward to posting my progress and finshed pics here.

I hope to learn a lot! Thanks

Sloth

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hello all,

I finally decided its time for me to be a more active member, I dropped some $$$ to support the RPF and get Premium membership too :p

So here is my proper introduction, For as long as I can remember I have been a Maker in some form or another. At school my teacher would call me Mr Gadget as I would usually have some home made contraption with me. I have always had a keen interest in technology, gaming and geek culture. For the past 8 years I have been a "YouTuber" (my channel is called 'DaveChaos') but for the past couple of years I have been really getting into being a Maker and this has led me to becoming something of a prop maker mostly inspired by Adam Savage.

This has lead to me almost giving up YouTube to follow my heart into the prop making scene. I'm also a member of the BB8 Builder Club and BB8 is my most recent long term project. He is 1:1 scale, has a working drive train and about 80% complete.

20170824_195209 (1).jpg

I mostly work with 3D printing and Resin casting, next project is the Blade Runner "Deckard's" PKD Blaster

20171020_180024.jpg

Hello all, Im a long time lurker and looking to make some BTTF props myself and then venture out from there.

Just a ton of overwhelming information available on here.

Thanks for posting it all for us!!

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Hi All,
Just wanted to say hello!
I didn't even know this world and community even existed until a Pinterest article popped up showing some really cool armour.

That's when I learned what Pepakura was!

Im looking forward to the coming weeks/months soaking up all the useful posts and videos out there, before I look to take the plunge and have a go myself.

Cheers,
Dave

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back